Civilization - [Civ of the Week] Egypt


[Civ of the Week] Egypt

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 01:58 AM PST

Egypt

Unique Ability

Iteru

  • +15% Production on Districts and Wonders adjacent to a river
  • Floodplains do not block placements of Districts and Wonders

Unique Unit

Maryannu Chariot Archer

  • Unit type: Ranged
  • Requires: Wheel tech
  • Replaces: Heavy Chariot
  • 120 Production cost (Standard Speed)
  • 2 Gold Maintenance
  • Does not require resources
  • 25 Combat Strength
  • 35 Ranged Strength
  • 2 Range
  • 2 Movement
    • +2 Movement when starting on a flatland tile
  • Upgrades to Crossbowman instead of Knight

Unique Infrastructure

Sphinx

  • Infrastructure type: Improvement
  • Requires: Craftsmanship civic
  • +1 Culture
  • +1 Culture upon researching Natural History civic
  • +1 Faith
  • +2 Faith when built adjacent to a World Wonder
    • Does not stack with each World Wonder (only provides up to 3 Faith)
    • Will still provide bonuses regardless of who actually owns the World Wonder
  • +1 Appeal
  • Cannot be built adjacent to another Sphinx

Leader: Cleopatra

Leader Ability

Mediterranean's Bride

  • Trade Routes established to other civilizations provide +4 Gold
  • Foreign Trade Routes to Egypt gain +2 Food for that civ and +2 Gold for Egypt

Agenda

Queen of the Nile

  • Likes civilizations who have a strong military
  • Dislikes civilizations who have a weak military
  • Can overlap with the Paranoid hidden agenda

Vote for the next Civ of the Week here.


Check the Wiki for the other Civ of the Week Discussion Threads.

  • Previous Civ of the Week: Scythia
submitted by /u/Bragior
[link] [comments]

Was meming Civ with my friend when... :(

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 01:25 AM PST

These RVs really are multi-purpose vehicles!

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 03:58 PM PST

Still my pick for maybe the single greatest infographic of all time...

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 10:00 AM PST

Spice and Dyes ruler of the world! what the hell is this seed.

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 10:26 AM PST

The Complete History of Civilization

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 01:52 PM PST

Domination can not win :(

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 03:34 AM PST

Are you sure about that?

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 10:00 AM PST

[MOD] Mexico Civilization is here! Prepare your sombreros!

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 04:42 AM PST

So I just started playing Civ 4 today...

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 06:37 AM PST

... although I have owned it (and Civ 3) for a year now. I've just been playing Civ 5 for the most part.

I'm loving it. The hamlet baffles me, can't really tell how exactly the Great Persons work, or what does it mean when you attach them to a city (?), can't tell how far apart I should put my cities, can't always know what to do next with my workers, don't exactly know how missionaries or the whole religion shebang works, and the graphics look kind of washed out (or maybe it's my monitor).

But the gameplay feels just so fluid and smooth, and I quickly got the very basics down. Enjoying it very much.

Next I will regress even more and try out Civ 3 ;-)

submitted by /u/spork-a-dork
[link] [comments]

Keep your Petra, I'm headed north to a frozen paradise.

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 07:50 PM PST

Found my original Civ II Manual while I was unpacking!

Posted: 19 Nov 2017 11:00 PM PST

Just some really nice tile yields

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 06:36 AM PST

Best ending to a game

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 11:27 AM PST

I love it when someone is getting cocky because they're so far ahead, and then you've been talking to a couple of other players, and spring a diplomatic victory. It's such BS and can be so funny

submitted by /u/Shallanar
[link] [comments]

[CIV V] Do I need a garrison in my city during peacetime?

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 10:08 AM PST

I just finished the game for the first time on the default Chieftan difficulty, winning by diplomacy. I was never attacked once. No wars, no conflicts of any kind. I feel like building all these units to garrison in my cities like I did in Civ 1-4 was kind of a waste of resources?

submitted by /u/vram1974
[link] [comments]

Saving multiplayer games?

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 11:05 AM PST

I️ wanted to ask whether there was a possibility of saving a game with a friend for a later time for Civ 5?

submitted by /u/superjohnomega
[link] [comments]

Started playing civ 5 and the song is so funny

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 04:53 PM PST

I thought I wouldn't like it much but it's so addictive! Anyway the title music has to be the worst song ever!!! It's literally SO BAD! It's like the worst song I've ever heard and it's really boring and annoying haha.

I was even thinking of like if I had a 5 least favourite songs list, and wondering if it would be on it (I think it would)!!! TERRA NOVAAAAAAAA hahaha

submitted by /u/HollieSk8rGrrl
[link] [comments]

A small collection of brave scouts

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 04:31 AM PST

What do you reckon is the best civilization for each map type?

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 12:28 PM PST

I'd certainly say that England or Polynesia are the best for Archipelago but I'd like to hear your opinions on some of the other ones.

submitted by /u/anglomanco
[link] [comments]

Immersive idea: Evolving Leaders

Posted: 19 Nov 2017 11:59 PM PST

One thing I always do when playing Civ is internally narrate the history of the game I'm in. Even when not playing on a true earth map it's interesting to have a world where Aztec fighter pilots exist or the great Roman Empire can be at war with the United States of America. It's a game where you essentially reshape the course of human history in new and unique ways.

But it can be just a little weird to conduct diplomacy in the Information Era wearing a loin cloth. While the traditional look of a lesser is nice, I always though it would be cool if a leader's outfit changed over the eras. Trajan could be depicted as more tribal in the Ancient era then gain his standard look and Bronze Armor in the Classical. All the way up to a finely dressed suit and tie look by the end, an interpretation of what that civ's leader would look like if it continued on to be a burgeoning nation.

They already did it with Civ Rev, and I think the art style of Civ VI supports it. It is so minor and cosmetic I don't think it would happen without a good artist and nodded though.

Tl;DR Would be cool if leaders "upgraded" their attire and look throughout the eras

submitted by /u/redthrax
[link] [comments]

Can we please get Polynesia in Civ 6?

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 07:33 AM PST

Polynesia is my favorite Civ. It's long past time they're introduced into Civ 6.

submitted by /u/KiwiShield
[link] [comments]

[Screenshot] [Civ6] Spain science victory

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 04:31 AM PST

Noob question here.

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 05:54 AM PST

I play civ 4. I am confuse in trades with other civilization. Is it necessary to trade for example corn for fish. Like they share the same stats for your city. I doing wrong rejecting those type of trades?

submitted by /u/Santos_Rey
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.