The Legend of Zelda - TLOZ Survivor - Round 5


TLOZ Survivor - Round 5

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 08:19 PM PDT

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Fanart

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 11:50 PM PDT

Princess Zelda by Axsens

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 03:56 AM PDT

Breath of the Wild by Marie B.

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 07:05 AM PDT

[BOTW] Familiar greeting on Discord

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 11:04 AM PDT

When the Hylian Shield Breaks

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 12:01 AM PDT

The Time has come to avenge Misha's death, Ganon you shall have no mercy.!

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 06:47 AM PDT

Made some custom Zelda amiibo cards

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 07:41 AM PDT

[WR] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Any% in 1:27:26 by gymnast86

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 09:55 AM PDT

[Art] My BOTW Zelda Illustration

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 03:42 PM PDT

Breath of the Wild [Fan Art] [OC]

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 09:24 AM PDT

Moving 3d printed Guardian. (This guy has incredible skills)

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 12:44 PM PDT

BotW Sound Effect Gug?

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 03:54 AM PDT

Hey all,

IDK if it's just me, but since the last update I've noticed that the sound effect for "putting away" the camera (that pitched down Sheikah slate SFX) is cut off or truncated.

Have any of you noticed this too?

Is there a way to report the bug?

Edit: Bug*

goddammit. (¬_¬)

submitted by /u/Bazzatron
[link] [comments]

Does a 5 Stamina and Speed horse exist?

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 10:33 AM PDT

Even if I could find a 4 Stamina a speed horse I'd probably be happy with it.

submitted by /u/Kinger1000
[link] [comments]

*GLITCH*Want A Challenge? Try Finishing Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Without The Sheikah Slate

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 04:26 PM PDT

What direction would you like to see Zelda take next?

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 02:18 AM PDT

So, I've been talking to my friends, we agree unanimously that BotW is great, but there is a bit of an elephant in the room. If Nintendo continues with this type of Zelda experience, the classic 3D formula may be lost. While it may have gotten a bit stale over the years, none of us want to see it gone entirely.

So, yeah, the topic. What're your guys' thoughts?

My two cents:

I'd like to see all three styles continued in some fashion. Those being:

2D (Legend of Zelda, ALLTP, Minish Cap, etc.) Classic 3D (OoT, Twilight Princess, etc.) BotW (I've been referring to this as Survival or Open)

The approach I'd like to see is the 2D style continued on handheld, with Classic 3D and BotW on console. 2D on handheld seems easy enough, but where I'm a bit stumped is how they could do the other two styles on console. I doubt Nintendo would or even should do some kind of rotating system. Given the nature of the BotW style, would it be possible to better marry the two 3D styles? If so, that would be the ideal approach in my opinion.

I have three features of the Classic 3D style I missed in Breath of the Wild. I'll go into each one individually. Let me preface this by saying that for Nintendo's first venture into this genre, Breath of the Wild was extremely well done. This is just what I'd like to see in the next iteration of this formula.

1. Progression via tools/items

I think it's really cool how BotW started you out with a nice and varied toolbox at the beginning of the game. However, I found myself desperately missing some of the series mainstays like the hookshot, hammer, etc., along with the act of acquiring them throughout the game.

While a lot of Link's usual arsenal made it into the game to some capacity, I missed having permanent access to things like boomerangs and magic rods. I get that if, say the fire rods you got from Wizzrobes, were unbreakable, that'd break the game a fair bit. Perhaps that could be compensated for by making these "permanent" items substantially weaker than most breakable weapons. I feel as though that would leave players more inclined to not abuse these items in battle.

I found myself reluctant to experiment with the rods among other things for frugality's sake. Not to mention that permanent tools would blow the possibilities wide open for future puzzles.

I understand that this sort of progression conflicts with the design philosophy of BotW. Part of the game's appeal is to be able to do mostly anything at any time. The average player isn't going to want to stumble across five shrines that they can't access because they've not gotten- say, the hookshot, yet. I think this could be resolved by created "chains" of shrines. I guess what I mean by this is having one shrine that's gated off, and then once the player has completed it, have another shrine pop up somewhere in the world with a cutscene to clue the player in on where to start looking.

On a more personal note, I miss the satisfaction of slowly but surely seeing your inventory's pre-determined slots fill in over the course of the adventure. This conveniently leads me into my next point.

2. Collectables that enhance Link

If we look at BotW, there were really only two types of collectables, seeds (for increasing the size of Link's inventory) and orbs (shared between increasing Link's stamina and health). So with really only three attributes to upgrade, Links progression felt a little lackluster to me in this title. This was, of course, mitigated quite a bit by the armor system, and the consequent crafting system via materials. I guess what I'm looking for is enhancements that affect Link personally. You can (and sometimes need) to change armor.

A couple collectible upgrade approaches I've seen in past Zelda games I think could work here:

•Scrolls for Link's moveset (Minish Cap and Twilight Princess)

•Gems for different effects on Link's weapon (Phantom Hourglass)

I'm sure there's more throughout the series, but I think the point has been made. I chose these example because they didn't directly make the game easier, but rather- expanded Link's toolbox. I think this sort of thing in conjunction with my first point would massively lead to some possibilities regarding my next point.

3. More varied boss fights and encounters

The vast majority of enemies and bosses in BotW are humanoid. I understand why they did this. Link needs a reliable way to procure weapons at any point. It just doesn't make sense for a Dodongo to have a sword, right? However, I think the use of a bigger toolbox as discussed in my first point could mitigate this without breaking the game. A strategic (and riskier relative to normal combat) use of tools could assist the player in emergency situations where they may not have enough weapons for an encounter.

I found the bosses to be dissapointingly similar to one another. In my opinion, the four Divine Beast bosses felt like they were all pretty much the same thing. Perhaps this could be countered by a better inclusion of the core toolset you get at the beginning of the game, as to retain the non-linearity factor of BotW's dungeons.

That's just my opinion on the matter. I don't mean to come off overly harsh on BotW. Like I said, I think it's a fantastic game. I apologize if what I've said has already been said in this discussion. Anyway, I'd love to hear your guys' thoughts on the subject.

submitted by /u/Radnostiv
[link] [comments]

Custom piece by comic book artist Dean Trippe!

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 08:40 AM PDT

Favorite boss battle

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 12:16 AM PDT

Twlight was one of my favorite zelda games. So stalord boss was def a favorite. What are yours ?

submitted by /u/e_money860
[link] [comments]

Can the Master Sword break?

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 07:27 AM PDT

So i was fighting a guy and the Master Sword said "out of energy" and then it dissapeared. another time it never recharged from "low energy"... so is my game glitched or something? and can the master sword break?

submitted by /u/Lucasplayz101
[link] [comments]

Why is the zelda timeline so complicated?

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 12:02 AM PDT

As much as i love the game, over the years i have never understood why cant the timeline be more simple and not so confusing?

submitted by /u/lukeCritchley
[link] [comments]

DLC Pack 2 Question

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 11:50 PM PDT

Does anyone have any Ideas on how they are going to implement another dungeon in the BOTW map for DLC Pack 2?

submitted by /u/MysticMarine13
[link] [comments]

Found a big korok in starting this zelda spirit track again

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 06:07 AM PDT

Theory the breath of the wild in time line

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 10:40 PM PDT

Well, during the game, in DIFFERENT parts the Zelda and several characters make references to ALL timelines of the Legend of Zelda as a whole. With that I created the theory of the Temporal Node.

(But what is Temporal Node?)

If you search the google temporary node or temporal knot you will understand a little. Basically it talks about different temporal lines, which try, or have managed to become again the same, if intertwined, or divided into other lines. (As in the legend of zelda ocarina of time).

Now part of my theory. In the beginning, it was only a single timeline, following linearly thanks to the first hero, the incarnation of the goddess and the demon. It remained so until the arrival of the hero of time, where it was divided into 3 temporal lines. The line (The hero loses) the line (Hero child) and the line (Heroi adult), all time lines have legends and stories of disasters very semeliantes, as in a link to the past and wind waker. But because they are different timelines, they happen in different ways. These 3 possibilities before were only one. A single timeline. Who naturally wants to come together again. A great era of peace came after the joining of all the lines, the races grew in harmony, and the Sheikah used their blue aura passed through the world bringing multifaceted prosperity.

Not only good things came with this no. In all lines, had their respective reincarnations of the devil, and all came together in calamity ganon, the hero and princess of that time failed to defeat this monster, only seal after widespread destruction. That is why this Ganon is much stronger and more threatening than all the others that ever existed.

Because it is the junction of all the next reincarnations of the 3 respective lines. (Remembering that in each line, the only reincarnation of the 3 that changes shape, race, and magnitude is the ganon, because it is not native to this world [The Devil came from another dimension to conquer this] and therefore he is the only one Of the 3 that changes race / shape / magnetude). So all the legends of the other lines in TLOZ BOTW all references and similarities with various games of all lines.

The junction of all the lines brought a peace and harmony (Initially broken in ocarina) where all the races lived together, All the calamities of the 3 lines joined, they became the reincarnation of Ganon (for being of the devil) and fucked with the world.

OR Imagine the timeline of TLOZ, the story of ten thousand years ago being the one of the first hero. And 10,000 years later, the temporal node taking place, taking the BOTW events.

submitted by /u/thelastsheikah
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.