Hearthstone - Hearthstone Thai Major starts now!


Hearthstone Thai Major starts now!

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 09:00 PM PDT

Sottle and Raven open the casting for us on HearthstoneSEA.

Info and Schedule courtesy of Team Liquid

This is Broadcast Day 1, but Competition Day 2


Casters:

Format:

submitted by /u/deviouskat89
[link] [comments]

Prince giant

Posted: 29 Jul 2017 12:51 AM PDT

New Mage card revealed by vkingplays!

Posted: 29 Jul 2017 05:03 AM PDT

http://imgur.com/a/TREKl

Italian version: http://imgur.com/a/iyjyQ

2 mana 1/3 Elemental
Text: your hero power also Freezes the target

submitted by /u/Skullbrother
[link] [comments]

Who else have huge fear that the will open new Princes in their hardly saved 40 packs?

Posted: 29 Jul 2017 04:23 AM PDT

Please god, save me from them

submitted by /u/Woodpecker023
[link] [comments]

Let Blizzard change Dreadsteed.

Posted: 29 Jul 2017 05:54 AM PDT

They did this to allow card complexity levels to rise at a faster rate. We've seen some cool new card concepts, Defile being one of them. Dreadsteed's pseudo-infinity is and has been an obstacle for Team 5 since Naxxramas when they were going to make it a card but didn't because of Warsong Commander.

You say there is another way around it, making hidden rules for Dreadsteed for the cards Team 5 wants to make, allowing them to coexist. They have confirmed to be doing this for Grim Patron, and most likely Cruel Dinomancer and any other card combo that could break Defile. But there's a difference between Dreadsteed and these cards. Dreadsteed will break it 24/7. The other cards have to be set up and are much harder to break the card, requiring a really awkward change to the card if they chose the same path to fix them as Dreadsteed. Hidden rules aren't healthy for the game, but getting to see them in a game with Defile and Grim Patron or Cruel Dinomancer is a lot less likely than Defile and Dreadsteed because the latter requires 0 setup and can be done by playing the two cards from your hand.

I'm sorry if you like the card, but they aren't nerfing it into oblivion. The main function of the card is still there. You just can't buff it, and depending on how Blizzard's spaghetti code works out, you might even be able to keep the Spiritsinger Umbra combo. This change will allow for even more unique card designs to be put into the game in future sets.

That's all, had to get this semi-rant out seeing all the recent outcry on the forums recently.

Edit: I should clarify, when I say "the main function of a card" I mean what the card does regardless of its deck or interactions with other cards.

submitted by /u/Agent_Scorpio
[link] [comments]

[0:40] Two to Tango

Posted: 29 Jul 2017 04:11 AM PDT

Blizzard let us spectate arena drafts in-game?

Posted: 29 Jul 2017 01:09 AM PDT

Please?? :3

submitted by /u/choosterchoo
[link] [comments]

ThijsNL - Time for the Eggciting play

Posted: 29 Jul 2017 07:32 AM PDT

Crafting my Millhouse because of Frost Lich Jaina

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 01:01 PM PDT

I really believed that the Death Knight Jaina card was fake. Today it turned out to be an actual card. An apology to everyone...

I hated this card, I tought people were stupid! I called them stupid even. It turns out I was the stupid one. I will get punished though, since I betted a Millhouse Manastorm on this... I even took the time to shame myself and write this alternative of the gary come home. (Original song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkMCxX0KgX4)

Lyrics of Jaina is slow: Jaina, now I know I was wrong. I messed up and I was dumb. Jaina, I'm sorry I neglected you. Oh, I didn't believe you were real right away, and now I'm feeling this empty. Your emotes right now do sound like music to me. Please forgive me, I didn't want you to be real.

You're just so slow... You're just so slow... You're just so slow...

Jaina, can't you see I was blind? Nobody could change my mind... I tought you were boring, that you were bland. I have much regrets, I guess I just didn't want to see... please forgive me for thinking you were way to slow... And now I'm just gonna have to craft that stupid gnome And now redditors are reading my latest three-word poem..

You're just so slow... You're just so slow... You're just so slow... You're just so slow... You're just so slow... You're just so slow... You're just so slow... You're just so slow... You're just so slow... You're just so slow... Jaina, why are you so slow?

Like I said, I have to craft Millhouse, here is the video of me doing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irIt3yUhVng It hurt...

Well Played guys! (concede)

submitted by /u/TINYWIZURD
[link] [comments]

What would happen when you PO your dreadsteed post-nerf?

Posted: 29 Jul 2017 06:17 AM PDT

So there are a lot of discussion on the recent announcement of the new warlock card "defile" and the nerf of dreadsteed. Blizzard announced that since dreadsteed in its current form would break the game when used with defile, dreadsteed would be nerfed to "deathrattle: summon dreadsteed at the end of the turn". I think it's safe to say the dreadlock archetype is dead now since dreadsteed's interactions with Umbra and Rivendare won't work anymore, but there are a few more implications to this nerf. Dreadsteed was always a terrific target for PO since using it on dreadsteed meant you could bypass the downside of losing one of your own minions. This might not be the case any longer, because of the way end-of-turn effects work.

EOT effects are triggered all at the same time, and new EOT effects that are introduced during an EOT effect do not get triggered that same turn. Shaman's healing totem surviving Baron Geddon's burn is an example of the former, and Ysera not triggering her effect when pulled by Y'sharaaj is an example of the latter.

So, if you use PO on dreadsteed, it might go on like this:

  1. Power overwhelming is used on dreadsteed
  2. Turn ends -> power overwhelming effect triggers -> dreadsteed is destroyed.
  3. Dreadsteed deathrattle activates, but since EOT effects cannot be added to queue while other EOT effects are being activated the dreadsteed cannot be re-summoned that turn.

So what would happen to that deathrattle effect? Would it.. just disappear? Would it trigger just fine? Would it be triggered at the end of the of the opponent's turn, or my next turn?

If dreadsteed just dies, and it seems that this is most likely the case, the nerf is more severe than expected.

submitted by /u/Mafhac
[link] [comments]

A Blizzard Dev confirmed that Grim Patron has a hard cap so that it doesn't go infinite with Defile.

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 07:01 PM PDT

New KFT card (mage rare) revelead by Italian Streamer VKing: Calcaghiacci (link in comments)

Posted: 29 Jul 2017 05:11 AM PDT

Icewalker (English name not confirmed)
Mage Rare
2 mana 1/3
Text translation: your hero power also freezes the target.

https://imgur.com/a/dQmf5

submitted by /u/davidecibel
[link] [comments]

Next neutral Legendary Darkfallen Prince prediction, if their power level keeps decreasing by each new reveal

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 12:49 PM PDT

So far the 3 Princes that were revealed seem borderline unplayable, especially the last one, so to follow this trend here's my 5 mana Prince prediction, Prince Tenris.

submitted by /u/MyselfHD
[link] [comments]

This sub in a nutshell (Dreadsteed nerf edition)

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 11:32 PM PDT

Yesterday: Dreadsteed so bad. Literally unplayable.

Today: WTF Blizzard!!?! Dreadsteed was my favorite card ever!!!

submitted by /u/scruffy_water_mammal
[link] [comments]

RIP Dreadsteed

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 11:19 AM PDT

Dreadsteed now reads:

Deathrattle: the end of your turn, summon a Dreadsteed.

To add another layer of discussion so this doesn't just turn into an outrage post: we don't really know if it's at the end of the turn or your turn. If it's the former, then the "soul" of the card isn't changed so much. It still hurts for a number of reasons, but it's still a super sticky minion.

Another thing I would take into consideration is: before Spiritsinger Umbra, there wasn't a way to get more than two dreadsteeds easily. Yeah, random Demon generation, but that's really unreliable, especially in wild. I don't think a 9 mana 2 cards "fill your board with 1/1s" is problematic, but it's possible there's other interactions with new cards that would make it unfair.

With that said, I still hope this nerf doesn't go through. I don't get Blizzard policy about fun, I understand they value the noob's experience (don't forget that casual players are a vast majority) and they may find a combo like that frustrating to play against, but wild is supposed to be 1) for a bit more experienced players and 2)... Wild! Broken! Crazy infinite combos!

Concluding: I would at least like a Dev's Insight video or some sort (like they did twice in Karazhan then never again), but if I have to be realistic nothing will happen, they'll change it, we'll get no explanation and we'll just swallow this and keep playing shrug

Edit: lots of people are telling me that they changed it because of the infinite combo with defile, duh, i know, i watched the stream. Here we're discussing if this heavy nerf was the optimal way to avoid breaking the game.

submitted by /u/elfonzero
[link] [comments]

Will the DeathKnight Priest hero power be weak because of Raza?

Posted: 29 Jul 2017 06:13 AM PDT

I'm really afraid of being disappointed by the priest deathknight card, because I fear that the developers may have been too scared of Raza and so they printed a pretty weak hero power.

I don't know, maybe I'm thinking too much since Raza hasn't seen a lot of play, but I'm still a bit worried.

What do you guys think?

submitted by /u/TheSadJester
[link] [comments]

I think that Defile isn't the only reason for the Dreadsteed nerf.

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 07:56 PM PDT

Similar to the nerf to Master of Disguise; I believe that Dreadsteed is hampering Blizzard's design space for the future.

For example, if they printed a minion with an aura that gave taunt to minions next to it; you literally couldn't win without removal. There are probably more (and better) examples of potential cards that couldn't be printed, but I'm no card designer.

I'm not saying that they'll print another card in this expansion that could be abused with Dreadsteed, but it seems like the kind of card that limits design space in interesting ways.

submitted by /u/ESCrewMax
[link] [comments]

Disadvantage of Bearshark having 'elusive'..

Posted: 29 Jul 2017 07:46 AM PDT

... is that the glory of the bear/shark overlord is hidden in yellow swirly mist

submitted by /u/thiefwatcher
[link] [comments]

New Warlock card - Defile

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 11:16 AM PDT

My First Ever Golden Legendary From a Pack...

Posted: 29 Jul 2017 08:49 AM PDT

None of the cards in the release today had the text "Random" in them

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 11:41 AM PDT

While I'm being optimistic, I hope this trend continues!

submitted by /u/fleeeeetwood
[link] [comments]

Dreadsteed nerf and limiting design space... it seems reddit has short memory.

Posted: 29 Jul 2017 07:26 AM PDT

One of the most aclaimed nerfs it was quest rogue, one of the key cards of the deck was the number one in limiting design space, stonetusk boar a card that was 1/10 before this expansion. After un'goro hit reddit was full of complains about no interactive deck and being smashed by 1 mana 5/5 charge. I thought that reddit finaly understood the concept of limiting design space.

It seems team 5 discovered alot of future problems for dreadstead combos and decided to fix right now. Also don't forget that even they are releasing KTF, they are already working on 2 expansions foward.

Be happy that Blizzard is willing to fix Wild when problems arrive, until now that was a ? since they never nerfed wild cards before and problems may rise in the future with cards that becomes potencial problematic with the release of new expansions. Some of them rise in power everytime a expansion is released like N'Zoth.

submitted by /u/MFranco3
[link] [comments]

One Reason I'm Impressed by the KotFT Cards

Posted: 29 Jul 2017 01:39 AM PDT

So, we've seen about a third of the cards in the new set so far, and what's striking me most about the set?

There's not many boring cards.

Oh, sure, there's stuff like Bearshark and Snowflipper Penguin, either vanilla minions or copies of existing minions with slightly different stats. But those are very much the exception. Most of the cards in this set are, if not particularly good, at the very least interesting, posing challenges to deckbuilding and creating potential great combinations.

Maybe the dull cards are coming laters (there's gonna be some packfiller commons eventually), but all told, this has been a pretty good series of pre-releases...

submitted by /u/Wraithfighter
[link] [comments]

NEW Priest Card: Eternal Servitude

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 11:26 AM PDT

http://imgur.com/a/brxsn

from PlayHearthstone Stream with Day9 & Matt Place.

4 Mana Priest Spell (Rare):

Discover a friendly minion that died this game. Summon it.

submitted by /u/bigdaddynoscopes67
[link] [comments]

Am I the only one looking forward to an Explore Un'Goro deck with the Princes?

Posted: 29 Jul 2017 05:53 AM PDT

Historically, Warrior hasn't had that many meme decks. I feel like we could be onto a winner here. Rank 20 here I come.

submitted by /u/pliserino
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.