Fallout - War... War never changes. And neither should Ron Perlman


War... War never changes. And neither should Ron Perlman

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 06:57 PM PDT

When I launched Fallout 4 on my PS4 for the very first time, I sat buzzing in utter excitement, waiting to hear the familiar gruff voice from the Heights that so powerfully draws us ever back into the wasteland. But then, as the intro rolled, something happened that I couldn't understand, something that was horrific at best and soul-crushing at worst: An alien voice sounded from my television speakers that was in every conceivable way dissimilar to the Badass Baritone I had been expecting.

I couldn't believe that instead of hearing Hellboy himself expose the hells of the war in humanity's heart that never changes, Roland—with the most generic "America's boy" tenor—was ringing in my ears. I felt betrayed. I felt as I imagine a young boy might when he realizes two years too soon that Santa Claus isn't real. I couldn't believe that the creators had the gall to commit such a travesty, and I was nearly driven to shut the game down, never to play a single active second of it.

In the midst of the rough of my turmoil, however, the glint of a diamond shone for the briefest of moments. "It might not be His voice," I began to console myself, "but the voice can still be Him." And with that, I sought to make that pithy voice, whose owner had now so undeservedly breathed the magic words, one and the same with the man who birthed them.

Thus, Ron Perlman is the character I play

submitted by /u/KoodooKooskoos
[link] [comments]

Where would be the best place for the next Fallout game?

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 09:06 AM PDT

I know there's a ton of threads about this topic, but I wanted to add my own opinion.

I think Michigan would be great place for a Fallout game. Think about it: Detroit could be the "main" city. That's where the most of the action would be, almost like a downtown Boston vibe, but a bit more run down. Then cites around Detroit like Kalamazoo be a good location to explore as there are tons of history that would go great with Fallout lore (See: Cereal City).

Oh and I didn't even mention my favorite part! It has been a trend to add sort of a "island" DLC, and what better place to go than Mackinac Island? There's TONS of possibilities for this DLC. The Mackinac Bride being a taking point for raiders, all of the "lookout" areas in St. Ignace (the city you have to go to in order to get to/from the island). I also imagine there could be like an active competition between the different Ferrys, and you could choose to help each one! There would be Sabotage, war, all sorts of cool things.

I dunno, what do you think? Do you have a better idea?

submitted by /u/Bostedor
[link] [comments]

Just wanted to say in my first play through of New Vegas I’ve liked every dlc except dead money... Just wasn’t fun... I know the communities opinion sways on it 1 way or another!

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 11:03 AM PDT

I never want to hear my collar getting louder ever again! Last dlc for me to do my first play through now is lonesome road.

submitted by /u/tbclandot92
[link] [comments]

Barkeep! One for boys please! On me!

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 11:24 AM PDT

Optional Cybernetics for Player Character

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 01:11 PM PDT

Given that Fallout 3 and New Vegas gave you the option to become a cyborg (via the Cyborg perk and Implants, respectively), do you think it'd be cool if BGS or Obsidian could expand on that? Especially since Fallout 4 omitted the idea altogether?

submitted by /u/TheForlornGamer
[link] [comments]

Why are bottle caps the de facto currency in Fallout?

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 12:35 PM PDT

It seems ridiculous to me that people in the Fallout universe can still maintain and build power armor, laser rifles, and water purifiers, but just can't seem to figure out how to counterfeit bottle caps. I feel like bottle caps would be counterfeited to the extreme, such that hyper inflation would crush any post apocalyptic economy.

submitted by /u/lowlycontainer1
[link] [comments]

Maccready's unusual dislike

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 03:13 PM PDT

So, TIL that maccready dislikes giving Austin the cure in the quest hole in the wall, and likes you keeping it for yourself. However selfish he may be, this is weird and conflicting as in his personal quest he's trying to find a cure to his own son, and he asks for your help. When going to Abernathy farm, if you tell Blake that you know what it's like to lose a child, Maccready will love it as he's maybe going to lose his own child, and the tone he says it in is quite sad. So why would he "like" making this happen to another parent and their child?

submitted by /u/Comrade_Sleeb
[link] [comments]

Fallout 3 is fantastic

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 10:42 PM PDT

OK I started playing these games at a young age and always went with guns and that stuck with me for awhile, so I never got sucked into the melee or unarmed really ever.

Recently I beat new vegas running more meleeish character. Started fallout 3 and tried to keep the guns to a minimum and instead use unarmed. Damn was it a good choice. Unarmed is so different it felt like a different game.

I took off from the vault headed north in tow for the garage cause I hated the tunnel segments and I'd rather skip them. And I ran into one of the coolest fallout moments I'd had ever. Ran into a church and found a raider chasing an innocent with a flamer, which was funny but didnt stop me from blasting his head 10 feet away with a critical. Slept in the church and woke up to find 3 more Raiders headed to the church. I ran out lobbed 4 grenades and ran back inside. All the cars blew up not only killing them but sending them half way to the moon lol. As I was surprised I was alive I saw one more red blip and I headed towards it spiked knuckles ready. Turns out it was a deathclaw 4 bars from dead. I rushed it punching it until I was almost dead but he fell first. Looked on the ground (deathclaw gauntlet blueprint). I was surprised I was rewarded for my crazy blood lust fist of rage move I pulled.

These games have got so many good moments and the best part is you get to make them, none of its scripted.

submitted by /u/Freemiumgamessuck
[link] [comments]

I was outsmarted and killed by Mole Rats... AMA

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 08:30 PM PDT

whats the worst/hardest/most annoying fo4 trophy/achievement?

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 07:20 AM PDT

i keep putting off on the one you get for achieving max happiness in a settlement and the one for producing 100 objects from your builders. they just seem like theyre going to be a pain in the ass. but im getting close to them being the only non-main quest trophies i need, so i'll have to try soon. right now "all sugared up" is making me wanna bang my head against a wall lol. i cleared out the whole nuka world park, wondering why i wasnt getting the trophy when i keep drinking a nuka cola mix flavor right before killing an enemy, only to finally look it up ane learn that it has to be nuka colas you yourself made, not just scavenged from the park. also that the enemies that are variations on wasteland creatures (like nukalurks) dont count. since ive cleared out the parks, i'll now have to just wander around outside the park, hoping to get jumped by 40 worms and ants or whatever.

submitted by /u/vidoxi
[link] [comments]

Mod to add T-45 and T-51 Power Armor to Brotherhood?

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 05:03 AM PDT

I actually really like the T-60 Power Armor, tho I think they could have easily explained them without breaking canon on them (seriously, T-45s modified with Hellfire Armor technology. a single sentence could have solved everything. And yes I know the old Brotherhood wasn't interested in researching and improving tech, but they also didn't recruit outside people).

But I was wondering if there was a mod that made it so that not every single Brotherhood member spawned with T-60 armor. High ranking Paladins, yeah, but not Knights at the very least.

As it is now, T-60 armor is the most common thing in the game, despite being the second best Power Armor, with T-51 being the absolute rarest. I only managed to get 1 complete set by looking up the locations of armors that were guaranteed to spawn as T-51.

For such a rare and experimental armor first rolled out in the Commonwealth, the Brotherhood sure does have a ton of them.

submitted by /u/SquireRamza
[link] [comments]

Power Armor Tech/Specs And Questions

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 04:06 PM PDT

My first question the begin is as follows,

"Does power armor in any fashion come with some form of climate control?"

It's hard to imagine it being sufferable in a suit with heat like the Mojave or just traveling long distance in general.

submitted by /u/BangsDaDrum
[link] [comments]

Preston convinces Nate and Nora to take back the castle, this will be child's play right?

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 03:58 PM PDT

I can't get into Fallout 3

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 02:17 AM PDT

New Vegas is one of my favourite games of all time, I love almost every part of it. Fallout 3 just doesn't feel that great though.

A lot of it comes down to sectioning off the world into parts separated by subway tunnels. It doesn't feel that great when a lot of the exploration involves you heading down into underground tunnels and not being able to see the whole post-apocalyptic wasteland.

It's a shame really. I like a fair amount of what I have played, but this just makes me not want to play the game

submitted by /u/Bluebeano
[link] [comments]

[New Vegas] Tips for Optimal Build Making?

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 02:46 PM PDT

After finishing the playthrough I am doing right now, I am going to start making my own builds instead using others' builds on the internet. Any universal tips you guys can give me to make an optimal build? Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Teknoblade
[link] [comments]

I've just started Fallout, any help?

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 08:37 AM PDT

I don't really know too much at all about Fallout, can someone give me a rundown on most of the things that I would need to know? It would mean a lot.

submitted by /u/zer0hhh
[link] [comments]

Fallout: New Vegas Achievements

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 02:22 PM PDT

I'm trying to get all achievements but I'm running into trouble with some;

• Safety Deposit Box (trap Elijah in Vault): Elijah won't go inside the Vault, everytime he is about to enter he will start dumb dialogue like "What's this? Alarms, turrets..?" even when I have deactivated security, so everytime he's about to enter he goes back the way he came and activates the Vault turrets.

• Win 3 caravan games: I'm playing against Ringo. He always has 10 or 9 cards while I get 2-3. Could somebody explain me how K, Q, and Jokers work? Everytime I place them they just take away all my points of that deck. Sometimes at the very start of the caravan game, when i'm building a deck, I get either a Joker, a K or a Q and I can't place them. Literally the "Press W to place a card" option is not available. So I dispose that card and I can't place any card at all. The place card option is no longer available even if I go through all my 44 cards, so I'm condemned to lose. I have 7 luck.

• Recruit all companions: I have recruited everybody but the achievement doesn't pop up. Do I have to complete each one personal quests?

submitted by /u/2p4l
[link] [comments]

Are there any good ps4 mods for fallout 4?

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 02:20 PM PDT

[FO4] First time trying melee. Surprisingly fun.

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 09:50 AM PDT

Running a few mods that have made finding ammo more difficult. I also only buy ammo if I'm truely out and only by tradeing in scavaged ammo. Otherwise I build all my own via contraptions. This adds up to a pretty rough shooty time. So after looting big jim early on I decided to go for a back up melee build. Later on went with the 2077 world champa bat.

Typically I swap to melee in close quarters fighting. Learing the block system and the timing has been fun. Heh. But I think the game wants me to shoot more since I looted a wounding minigun... XD anyone else been mainly guns and swap to a spec that uses melee and felt the same? Like adding a bit more fun in.

Oh yeah my best "to the fences" so far was a raider off the top of corvega while grabbin the repair bobblehead

submitted by /u/RuneiStillwater
[link] [comments]

Thought this sub might enjoy my new tattoo

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 08:26 PM PDT

http://imgur.com/a/9QoCT

Edit: The camera angle does make it look a bit wonky. I plan on getting it colored in and adding a background, too. I just can't decide what I want.

submitted by /u/TheDaddyMemeKing
[link] [comments]

Codsworth says I'm different from than 200 years ago

Posted: 27 Jul 2017 06:03 PM PDT

Codsworth said to me, when I talked about our relationship, that I haven't been myself lately, as if he doesn't recognize me sometimes, he can't imagine the man Codsworth knew making the choices I do today. He said it'd be nice to see me as my old self again. What does that mean? Has he always said that?

submitted by /u/TechStudios
[link] [comments]

Why is Fallout Brotherhood of Steel so bad?

Posted: 28 Jul 2017 08:49 AM PDT

I mean the game. The one that came out for PS2 and PC. I've googled for answers but all I find is about the Brotherhood of Steel faction. So what makes it worse than Tactics? Why did it mark the demise of Interplay (if I remember correctly)?

submitted by /u/bombikid
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.