Fallout - How not to play Fallout new Vegas >_<


How not to play Fallout new Vegas >_<

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 07:38 AM PDT

Began my first NV playthrough a few days ago. My character is the embodiment of the "I'M THE MAILMAN" meme. Soooo, I named him this.

Posted: 20 Jul 2017 10:16 PM PDT

http://imgur.com/fiBtGo6
(and for context on "the mailman meme": http://imgur.com/OYJIy4o).

submitted by /u/Matthew_BpBuds
[link] [comments]

(FO4) My Skyrim inspired player home. Xbox, no mods.

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 05:01 AM PDT

Location: County Crossing

I started building around the 2 unscrappable campfires, trying to incorporate them. Bonus: 1 subtle, and 1 not-so-subtle reference to one of my favourite book series of all time, The Dark Tower :)

submitted by /u/WPG_BigAL
[link] [comments]

The reason why there are not a lot of schools in the wastelands.

Posted: 20 Jul 2017 08:14 PM PDT

Why go to school when you can wear Surgeon's lab coat and get Medicine +10 and Science +5?

In the wasteland, clothes make the man.

submitted by /u/Jangajinx
[link] [comments]

"How lucky can one guy be?"

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 03:19 PM PDT

Alright, I got curious one night, and decided to actually answer the iconic question that gets stuck in your head all day after you play New Vegas.

I'm using New Vegas as a base here, just because that's where the song actually plays. Assuming the courier starts out with 10 luck, there are a handful of ways to increase your luck temporarily:

Clothing:

  • Naughty Nightwear: +1

  • Lucky Shades: +1

Perks:

  • Meat of Champions: +1 Luck for 60 seconds after eating a corpse

  • (Loansome Road) Just Lucky I'm Alive: +4 after finishing a fight with less than 25% health

Traits:

  • Claustrophobia: +1 while outdoors, but -1 indoors

  • Early Bird: +2 between 6am and 12pm, but -1 between 6pm and 6am

So, how lucky can one guy be? Well, if you start with ten luck, wear lingerie and sunglasses, then get shot in the face while eating a corpse on your front lawn first thing in the morning, you should end up with a grand total of 20 Luck. Ain't that a hole in a boat?

submitted by /u/PM_UR_FAV_HENTAI
[link] [comments]

[Slots] When you have 10 luck in-game but 1 luck IRL

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 08:47 AM PDT

http://i.imgur.com/yuv6ASj.jpg

That apparently counts as a lose.

submitted by /u/Moarice13
[link] [comments]

Major shoutout to the Lovecraft fan in the FO4 dev team!

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 11:08 AM PDT

Been doing my first playthrough since i completed the main storyline, as well as much of the rest of the game, after release day(I missed a TON before i decided to shelf the game) and i just finished the pickman gallery quest before starting the cabot stuff, and i just realized, HOLY SHIT SOMEONE INVOLVED IS INTO LOVECRAFT AS MUCH AS I AM!

The references are obvious if you're as invested as i am in to each universe involved in this post, but i'll keep it short.

Richard Upton Pickman, PICKMAN, was a painter who was drawn to the figures he had seen in the darkness, to those who would hide from the light. These were the ghouls, who feed on human flesh, and soon he would find he was one of them, but that's another story.

Jack Cabot embodies the academic who seeks the forbidden, a staple in most Lovecraft stories, and he makes this obvious when you first meet him in-game.

Lorenzo is simply the husk of one consumed by a greater evil, or chaos, or whatever it is, ready to make use of our character as a tool of his own will. The fact that we gain access to something as powerful as the serum is evidence to a "deal with the devil" type situation.

Everything with this questline is done quite well, especially in respect to a lovecraftian point of view.

Just looking for a response from Lovecraft fans here in this subreddit, i can never get enough of these guys!

Thanks!

submitted by /u/kevtino
[link] [comments]

While I was AFK eating, a settler stood on a mine and my own settlement started to attack me, I've never been so confused

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 02:48 AM PDT

IT'S A ROCK WITH HANDS. RUUUUN!!!

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 01:48 PM PDT

http://imgur.com/a/fp1Vk
That's... that's supposed to be a duo of Legionary Assassins.
EDIT: Credit where Credit is do, my friend came up with the title.

submitted by /u/Matthew_BpBuds
[link] [comments]

Tips for a N00b to Bethesda and Fallout

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 07:45 AM PDT

I got Fallout 4 on sale for my PS4. I am really enjoying it but with limited personal time (full-time job and newborn son) I feel like I am not getting the most out of the game in the limited 1-2 hours I may be playing it. This is also (i believe) my first Bethesda game, so I believe I may be missing some of the best ways to play this game. Does anyone have any tips or "things I should do first" in the game to enjoy the game fully. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/thrillhouz
[link] [comments]

Why do Super Mutants keep meat bags lying around?

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 06:41 AM PDT

Do they eat it? Wouldn't it just rot? What's the point?

submitted by /u/bekrueger
[link] [comments]

What's the best legendary item you've found in Fallout 4?

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 03:53 PM PDT

Mine is a double-barreled shotgun with bullets that explode on impact.

submitted by /u/Virtalen
[link] [comments]

My friend ans I built Fallout vault in Minecraft - video inside

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 08:47 AM PDT

Sorry, all name plates are in polish, but I think you will find similarities to real vault, I hope :) Enjoy and please leave your comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrdTuEwPiiw

submitted by /u/DarkBolo88
[link] [comments]

Possible Spoilers, what was your favorite example of foreshadowing in the fallout series.

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 05:26 AM PDT

Mine is when John Henry Eden says "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." It basically tells you exactly how the enclave will fall in the beginning of the game because the Enclave falls due to the Eden and Autumn split.

submitted by /u/GenericFisherman42
[link] [comments]

I'm addicted to modding.

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 02:41 PM PDT

As I type this, I ready again to frantically search the Nexus for any mods I desperately need.

I have been downloading mods, many mods, for the past few months. It was only yesterday of a few hour long mental battle I decided to use PN over JSU because of btter compatibility and customization.

Even now I ponder on which quest mods I really need, if to keep any. Each plugin slot is as precious as water in the desert.

Just a few days ago I downloaded a mod that allows you to throw book and bibles. Books and Bibles. Will I even use it? I don't know!

I have put off playing simply because on the off chance a better mod comes along, or I find one, the pain of restarting again will curse me.

I don't even use heavy mods, nor dabble in ENBs. I'm sure by now any mod I would download could easily be playable in an existing file, but I can't bring myself to it.

Help.

submitted by /u/Danted8d
[link] [comments]

How are things like in 'civilized' areas like the NCR's heartland?

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 08:34 AM PDT

I mean in the New Vegas/Fallout 4 era, not the Fallout 2 era. I like to imagine that there's sort of a post-apocalyptic 50's feel to it. Is there any truth to that?

submitted by /u/Biitercock
[link] [comments]

Just me or Valentine is one of the bests character in thr game?

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 04:17 PM PDT

Ps: this is my first time playing fallout 4

submitted by /u/ricardo1816
[link] [comments]

Such a shame that it wasn't "The Sole Survivor and the Cola Factory".

Posted: 20 Jul 2017 07:51 PM PDT

I'll admit I don't have the game, but I do skim bits of the wiki.

Anways, just my opinion but I think a "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" parody would've been more appropriate for Nuka Cola than a theme park.

submitted by /u/EyeThat
[link] [comments]

Guys, i was playing fallout 4 yesterday, using my Ritual knife( dont remember the name), and the damage is around 40-50, today i wake up to play and all melee weapen increased its damage, WHY?,

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 12:14 PM PDT

PS: i enter the kellog mission on the hagen

submitted by /u/ricardo1816
[link] [comments]

Playing all the fallout games

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 03:54 PM PDT

If I want to play all the fallout games should I include fallout tactics? I've played FO1, FO3, FNV, FO4 and I need to play FO2 still and possibly tactics but I'm wondering if fallout tactics is either a spinoff or apart of the series.

submitted by /u/Jhent
[link] [comments]

Just started a new character on Survival mode. Any recommended mods?

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 03:48 PM PDT

Any mods that I should install to improve gameplay with Survival mode?

submitted by /u/Dark_Horse10
[link] [comments]

(FO4) Tactical Thinking bug (Spoilers)

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 07:56 AM PDT

I seem to be having a problem in Fallout 4 during the BOS quest line. After doin' all that stuff with Danse, Elder Maxson told me to speak to Kells, and that's the problem. Kells will give me a line of dialogue, then I can't do anything. Earlier in the playthrough, I killed off the Railroad when we first met...I'm guessing this is the cause. Any fixes?

submitted by /u/Pizzaloverallday
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.