Diablo - Deadset's Guide to Season 11


Deadset's Guide to Season 11

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 06:47 AM PDT

Heya, r/diablo! I haven't done one of these update threads in a while, but if any Season warrants it - that'd be the one, no? I won't bore you with the old crew (more on the Necro below), so here's the important stuff in a neat table:

>>LIST OF DETAILED GUIDES FOR EVERY BUILD ON EVERY CLASS<<

(No, really!)

What has changed over at Icy?

A huge overhaul has been done on our guides at Icy Veins, creating a cleaner and distinct split between the build variations (solo progression, speed farming, group progression, etc).

There is now a 'landing' page for the guides, that gives you the short version of any build (skill recommendations, required gear, gems and Kanai's Cube). This allows you to dive as deep as you want with the guide, or stay on the surface for a quick primer.

Every class has beginner, leveling and fresh 70 recommendations in a detailed, robust guide. It includes starter builds for the current Season's Haedrig's Gift, as well as starting builds for all the other sets you inevitably stumble upon.

The tier list has been redone into cleaner Top-High-Mid-Low divisions. The old system was too much of an eyeball, and complaints were common (either that I rated a build too low from the hardcore crowd, or too high for the more casual players). The current system, along with the brief explanation on every guide's landing page, will tell you exactly what to expect from a certain build - and leaves the exact number to your own skill.

Enter the Necromancer

The shiniest toy of Season 11 is, naturally, the new class — the Necromancer! Choose the Necromancer if you relish in the practice of dark arts — crushing bone with your grim will and sharpening it against your enemies, spilling blood in calculated dosage to empower your spells, and all the while raising massive hordes of the dead from their very graves. With debilitating curses and ample ways to control the battlefield, you are the embodiment of the commander in Diablo 3.

I have written down in exhaustive detail the following playstyles for the Necro:

  • Leveling & Fresh 70 Beginner Build: The ever-so-important starting point. Jump in here first if you're looking to get your Necro off the group quickly and reliably with a good ol' summoner build.

  • The Blood Lancer: The Top Tier solo spec in the current meta. This build plays around massive assassination cooldowns and juggles them with periods of extended scouting and luring of enemies. A very mobile playstyle that requires good timing and aiming.

  • Skeleton Commander: A high ranking group build, taking the role of the single target Rift Guardian killer with the Command Skeleton summons. This build paves a way for the Necromancer in the 4-man metagame.

  • Bone Storm: The beta favorite. Even though it took a hit, the build is still more than capable to progress with. An easy, tanky build that moves at a deliberate, unyielding pace, the Bone Storm is one of the smoothest entryways into the endgame.

  • Singularity Mages: The endgame option with this Season's free set, Bones of Rathma. This is a pet-based, far-ranged, resource management-heavy build that's capable of some of the highest burst in the game.

  • Blood Mages: My favorite speed farming option for the Necromancer, with some GR pushing capabilities to boot. In its farming form, this in an incredibly agile, versatile and hassle-free build - not something you'd expect out of the blood-spending set!

  • Corpse Explosion: A very capable underdog, and probably my favorite build overall from the beta. The poison Corpse Explosion feels good to play and is incredibly satisfying visually.

What to expect in the future

My goal for Season 11 and beyond is to polish and clean up the classes, and end up at a roughly 10 (endgame) guides per class count. This means a healthy number of non-meta builds will be included. I guarantee that I will only include builds that are clearly capable to finish a Season's Journey with, and I'm hoping the reaction to more exotic and unexplored builds will be positive! :)

A bigger priority will be the completion of farming guides (items, cosmetics and other fixed goals) that encompass the game on a broader scale. Yes, even set dungeons. shudder

Adding more video content, and generally moving towards a state of completion, is the overarching goal for the year. :) But that's the future! Here's to Season 11, and happy hunting!

submitted by /u/the_deadset
[link] [comments]

PSA: Jewelry Recipes from Squirt count towards chapter 4.

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 02:26 PM PDT

Missed a bounty so I gave it a shot. 2mil very well spent.

submitted by /u/bielz
[link] [comments]

Diablo 3 Composer Russell Brower Leaves Blizzard

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 09:02 AM PDT

When leveling this season and you come across a goblin pack, only 1 skill will do....

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 04:57 AM PDT

When you get great RNG and can't capitalize on it

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 10:57 AM PDT

Start a fresh character for S11

open up a nephalem rift at level 1 with no gear or skills

instantly run into 10+ various gem/sundry/treasure goblins grouped up

fail to kill them because all you have is your unbuffed starter DH skill

submitted by /u/casedawgz
[link] [comments]

Proud of my achievement within 24 hours of the Season

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 04:53 PM PDT

http://imgur.com/a/rPer6

I know I used the Shadow's Impale, but still, there were times I couldn't reach 70 even with 800 paragon on.

I know that there are people out there with higher clears (There are higher clears on the leaderboards). But for a casual player like me, I think I did pretty good..

Season 11 hype!!

submitted by /u/Chandra1997
[link] [comments]

Communities continuously connecting and disconnecting.

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 12:45 PM PDT

One of the communities Im in will not stop spamming my chat box and says it is connecting and disconnecting. If I try to leave the community It gives me an Error code 300005 (this operation is already in progress). It is pretty annoying so if anyone has any solutions it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Sent in a support ticket and they redirected me to a forum post of the same issue. They are working on it, should be fixed SoonTM.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20758385701#post-11

submitted by /u/altair7905
[link] [comments]

Blizz, Enable Dye for Weapons and Off-hands

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 12:21 AM PDT

There are a lot of weapons and off-hands that would look so much better in other colors to match our characters. Sometimes I don't use certain transmogs solely because they are painfully out of place on my character, but would be perfect if they came in other colors.

Give us the illusion of more customization and character designing.

submitted by /u/an_ice_cream_scoop
[link] [comments]

Necromancer Guides (leveling, Fresh 70, and more)

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 09:14 AM PDT

Hi! We have some Necro guides to hopefully help you especially on the early part of the game. Check out the guides we currently have.

We also have this guide directory for other D3 classes.

submitted by /u/BRGPrincess
[link] [comments]

Selling your body with some sweet Diablo 3 lingo

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 04:12 PM PDT

Sometimes it really pays off turning on the general chat.

http://imgur.com/a/WvlKC

submitted by /u/Tiduas
[link] [comments]

Is bonestorm still worth playing?

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 08:58 PM PDT

Wanting to know if it's at least competitive to other necro builds after the nerf.

submitted by /u/Kodiak97
[link] [comments]

For the Jesseth set, do we need to keep on casting on each enemy for the second effect or can we just cast it once until the thing runs out?

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 05:52 PM PDT

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/jesseth-skullscythe

My skeletons keeps on getting the 400% bonus even after the original targeted enemy dies and the next target they go to, my skeletons will still have the 400% increase in damage?

submitted by /u/Tuvok-
[link] [comments]

Can we please have a mass gem upgrade option?

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 02:02 PM PDT

It's been years and we still have to upgrade gems one at a time. It takes forever and would be a super easy change. Please Blizzard

submitted by /u/CharybdisXIII
[link] [comments]

S11 Powerleveling Party - starts at 10:00 EST

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 01:07 AM PDT

Hi r/Diablo3! Every season after I level and gear to the point I can farm comfortably I open my games up for people who are looking for a powerlevel. This is my 7th season hosting these powerleveling parties and they are a lot of fun! My philosophy is that I'm going to be farming most of the day anyway and it's not an inconvenience to me so why not help out the community :D

Couple things:

  1. I play on the NA Server, softcore
  2. I will be running T6 rifts, leeches have to be on the same floor as me to gain XP. Please do not AFK as you will need to teleport whenever I move to a new area.
  3. Please stay at the entrance of the rift where it is safe. If you are running around and looting (and dying) it takes longer to level up*Once you are 70 please leave the game immediately. there is usually a line and I'd like to get as many people leveled as possible.

The powerleveling is organized through my stream twitch.tv/daddywarrbux and managed with the help of my channel bot. To join the powerleveling list you simply need to come to the stream and type the command !joinqueue (battle.net tag). THERE IS NO COST TO ENTER THE QUE, YOU DO NOT NEED TO FOLLOW THE STREAM. The que will open at 10:00AM EST Friday 7/21, stream will start at 10:30 with the first group. I will level as many people as I can and will even extend the Powerleveling into Sat if there is a large enough interest, especially since the season started on a thurs . I am looking forward to hanging out with you guys and talking about the new D3 season. :D

Done for today guys, see you tomorrow for more ☺️

submitted by /u/Daddywarrbux
[link] [comments]

This joining and leaving community think is annoying, any way to rid of it? Can't leave the community since it keeps giving error

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 01:22 PM PDT

http://i.imgur.com/ZdkQWhp.png

Keep getting "This operation is already in progress. Please try again later. (Code: 300005)

submitted by /u/JoshRawrrs1
[link] [comments]

D3 Chroma Profile Issue

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 05:06 PM PDT

I have a Razer Chroma V2 keyboard and when i use the D3 profile, the keyboard lights up red with action keys in white. That part is fine... my issue is that it does not change colors for Legendary/Set drops or for level ups. Anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it? Thank.

submitted by /u/GFunkDat
[link] [comments]

D3 hates my computer for no reason( Help pls)

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 07:06 PM PDT

I've reinstalled, scanned and repaired, nothing. I'll be playing with friends or sitting in town with nothing changing. The game will freeze anything moving and interacting with NPC's and items. I can type to my party and see what they type back. They can see me moving around if I move and see the items I drop if I drag and drop them, yet nothing leaves my invo until this "spike" ends. They literally last like 5 seconds to 15 minutes and is probably the worst thing that you could deal with in a game like this with TIMED rifts and pet necro build that takes time to build up just to watch either myself die or all the pets be dead by the time I'm even back from this dc bullshit. Discord doesn't cut out, my internet doesn't cut out, and even my connection to bnet isn't. So literally what the fuck is the deal with this shit and does anyone know what the deal is with this? Googling doesn't give any help because everyone is completely retarded who posts that it was actually just their internet or some shit. It doesn't matter what my graphics are, what my resolution is, whether its full screen or windowed, whether I alt tab or ctrl alt delete. Nothing. Fucking. Fixes. It.

submitted by /u/GuyThatLovesAnime
[link] [comments]

Do people do seasons on hardcore?

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 05:46 AM PDT

Is there anything special for doing a hardcore season?

submitted by /u/civilward
[link] [comments]

Please stop joining public bounties if you're just going to do one act.

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 04:06 AM PDT

So the last 3 games I've created now some people have joined it, done A1 then left. That makes it so more people cannot join since one of the bounties are completed and it leaves me to finish the next 4 acts solo. I might as well just do it in a private game since it'll go faster at this rate anyways.

submitted by /u/ELDNGR_TA
[link] [comments]

Monk Player Having a Hard Time Clearing Grift 70

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 03:54 PM PDT

I am now around paragon 500, running Raiment + Shenlong set with a few ancients, level 30+ legendary gems and cube items. I just cleared 69 with two minutes left to spare and decided to optimize my items a little before trying 70. At first it seemed fine, i could clear trash mob groups decently, but i just couldn't deal enough damage to clear them in a decent time..

Anyone got some tips? I've got a full Innas set with most of the needed cube items so i could try that out, but as far as i know Reiment is supposed to be the dominant one? This is my first season where i even bothered to try and go over 60, so i would really appreciate any help you guys can offer.

Char in question: https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rejnolds-21801/hero/96809831

submitted by /u/Rejnolds
[link] [comments]

Story mode Necro achievs

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 03:48 PM PDT

Is there a way to cheese story mode so I dont have to do all of it? I have done it before, years ago, but now i need to redo it for the necro achievement. It feels kind of like a waste of time to go through act 1-5 just for 2 achievements on the necro.

Any way to speed this up?

submitted by /u/Kandzawow
[link] [comments]

I played through D3 when it first came out, dropped it, and picked it back up yesterday

Posted: 21 Jul 2017 12:15 AM PDT

It was released on my birthday. Picked it up at midnight. Played through it once maybe twice and then dropped it. I had a blast playing it but there wasnt much keeping me. eventually my account got hacked and I couldn't access it anyway.

just picked it up on PS4, holy shit!! this is fucking sick I'm still taking it all in. it's not even the same game. this is my first season and i'm having so much fun.

submitted by /u/berschwazy
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.