Destiny - Beta extended until July 25th, 6PM PDT (roughly)


Beta extended until July 25th, 6PM PDT (roughly)

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 12:01 PM PDT

The Destiny 2 Open Beta has been extended through Tuesday 7/25 for additional service testing. Expected completion is 6 PM PDT.

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/889198446476840960

submitted by /u/TheLittleMoa
[link] [comments]

On this day, let us all remember the original and greatest Farm of them all...

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 08:03 AM PDT

[Fan Art] The Infinity Engrams

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 10:32 AM PDT

A million deaths were not enough - he betrayed us to Dominus Ghaul in order to attain the Infinity Engrams, now none can oppose Master Rahool.

Imgur: http://i.imgur.com/hQqeKp6.jpg

Bungie.net link: https://www.bungie.net/en/Community/Detail?itemId=229326921

submitted by /u/hamooken
[link] [comments]

Spoilers: Destiny 2 Farm is open.

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 10:02 AM PDT

Keep all discussion of it in this thread.

You may need to change characters or log out and back in again.


Please remember that this Farm time is about testing the Bungie servers and system and there will be errors/issues. Be sure to report them to bungie on the bungie.net forums.


Update: Beta has been extended to end (roughly) 2017/07/25 @ 6 PM. You MUST download the beta before 5 PM Pacific TODAY in order to participate. Source

submitted by /u/D0cR3d
[link] [comments]

Destiny 2 PvE/PvP Feedback and Changes

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 07:28 AM PDT

Before reading, keep in mind this is all feedback I have gathered from playing the beta just like you. I know it's an old build and things may have changed. These are simply things I wish too see. I encourage everyone to give their feedback regardless of skill level. I simply want the best game possible and I feel the things listed below would help get us there.

 

Playlists

 

Rumble: Please. 4v4 is fun, but variety is better. I believe a 5 man rumble would be perfect. Free For All is a must have in an FPS and I feel like it would be a mistake leaving it out.

 

Lone Wolf/Freelance Playlists: With the introduction of only 4v4 game modes, I'm sure a freelance playlist would be very popular. It can be very frustrating playing as a solo player and matching full teams or even teams of 3. This would allow for a more enjoyable experience for the solo players.

 

Quickplay/Competitive: I feel with the new 4v4 format a Ranked playlist would be amazing. Social and Ranked would be the best way to satisfy most of the community. We know that SBMM is implemented in both Quickplay/Competitive, and introducing a Ranked playlist would let players of all skill levels find games with people with similar skill. The quickplay would let them match people of lesser, equal, and greater skill level and would be a place to relax.

 

PvE

 

Power ammo doesn't drop enough (Luckily this is already known and has been addressed) I do hope it's pretty significant. Shooting only a primary weapon gets old really quick.

 

Grenade, Melee and Super need to have a faster cooldown. It feels like you never have a grenade to throw. And with abilities being weaker, it makes sense to have them more often. Assuming you can buff the cooldowns differently for PvE and PvP.

 

Classes

 

Hunters: The Hunter dodge is very weak when compared to the others. It does nothing for your team, while hardly benefiting you. Several solutions could be reducing the cooldown to around 10 seconds. Reducing cooldown to around 12 and giving you two charges for it. Or maybe when you use your dodge it would grant you the equivalent of second wind in Destiny. You would gain temporary movement buff, and quickdraw for a short period of time.

 

Arcstrider also feels very weak, but so do all the supers. I feel like elemental weapons simply burn through all supers way too quickly. The dodge was a nice addition but it simply doesn't let you close distance. Unlike Bladedancer you are also unable to continually maneuver while in the air to close distance which was huge. A movement buff would be nice, similar to the Striker Titan. I've put about 20 hours already on Arcstrider and I simply can't seem to do anything with it.

 

Gunslinger plays great. I can easily see golden gun being the best super in the game when you look at the bottom skill tree. The top skill tree looks weaker for PvE and PvP, depending on how much precision damage with golden gun ends up doing and because golden gun runs out so quickly in PvP.

 

Warlocks: Healing rift seems like the best class ability in PvE and PvP, will be very beneficial to always have Warlocks. Melees seem to tend to still whiff, and not to do damage. This has been an ongoing issue since Destiny with charged Warlock melees.

 

Voidwalker: Blink feels great and I'm sure a lot of people are glad they included it. The tracking nova seems to not do the one thing it's intended to do, which is track. I personally can't see anyone using the top tree for PvP, hoping the Nova can have better tracking/move a little bit faster when thrown.

 

Dawnblade: I'm sure all Warlock mains are happy to have the Icarus dodge finally. Dawnblade feels good, and I believe the bottom tree will be even better for PvP.

 

Titan: The shield is a nice addition in PvE and PvP. Works really well when trying to cap a zone or push an area on countdown. I know Titan skating was effectively removed, but Striker Titan with shoulder charge and strafe jump still feels very agile. Titan melee still seems to whiff where it does the animation, but no damage.

 

Striker: Has felt like the overall strongest subclass in the beta. The double pulse nades are very deadly when placed properly. I'm a fan of the shoulder charge and melee combo as well. The super has felt like the best super to me. I'm easily able to get 2 to 3 kills on average. I feel like the Striker supers should be what the others should feel like. Hoping the others can be buffed to meet it.

 

Sentinel: I have very limited play time on the Sentinel, but it's very inconsistent. Times my shield when thrown will one shot enemies, other times it'll hit them and do about half damage. Would be nice to understand why. Very happy they left the option to pop a bubble or run around with the shield. Defenders definitely got the short end of the stick in Destiny when it came to PvP.

 

PvP/Weapons

 

Before you read any further, keep in mind everyone has an optimal kill time that they think would be best for the game. I personally feel like the time to kill could be a little quicker. I believe somewhere between the kill time of Destiny Y3 and Destiny 2 would be perfect. While I love all the primary battles, it feels like my guns simply don't kill fast enough which often leads to the other player running away, or me simply getting teamshot.

 

Cooldowns: I have yet to get my super twice in one game yet. I go into every game knowing I'll either get one or none at all and it's very frustrating. Rarely does my performance dictate whether I will earn my super or not. It feels like in the last minute or so of the game everyone just pops their super and it's just chaos. No more making plays/gaining momentum with supers. I think the speed that your super regens for passive play when you aren't doing anything is fine. But I highly think you should be rewarded more super energy per kill, assist, and flag capture. I personally even think the grenade and melee cooldown could be about 5 seconds faster. Since grenades are nowhere near as powerful as before, it would definitely speed up the game without making it an ability spam.

 

Flinch: I'm not sure if I'm the only one but it seems like every gun has high cal. Whenever I get into a pulse battle against another skilled player, it's always feels like RNG. I can't even know if I'm going to win the gunfight because of how much flinch you get. It comes down to whose gun will flinch the opponent more.

 

Primaries: I believe the optimal kill time could be brought down a little more. Potential buffs include a slight buff to Auto Rifle headshots. It currently doesn't feel rewarding enough compared to body shot damage you do. I'm assuming that there are different archetypes of HC's that would allow you to three tap headshot. The current archetypes have the same kill time regardless of 4 headshots vs 2 headshot and 2 bodyshots. They don't feel rewarding enough, not to mention it feels like bloom has been put back in the game. I have had terrible hit registration with HC's along with ghost bullets to to the max. Pulse Rifles honestly felt like the most polished weapon in the beta. They had good hit registration and had a nice time to kill. The two scouts in the beta felt very lackluster, but I'm assuming there will be different archetypes.

 

Power weapons: I'm a huge fan of the new power ammo system. It actually feels like power ammo, and it's nice not dying constantly to special weapons. Not once have I found myself complaining when I get shotgunned or fusioned. I don't think anything needs a nerf but I do feel like fusions get too much ammo. At the very most they should get as much as the shotgun which is 4. The sniper rifle feels good, but doesn't feel like a power weapon with all the flinch it has. The rocket launcher doesn't seem great at all. The grenade launcher could use more blast radius on its grenades. I'm sure there are better weapons in the full game, so I don't really think anything necessarily needs a buff because we haven't seen every weapon.

 

Regen/Mobility: I personally feel like the rate at which you recover is really low. After every gunfight, I have to wait 8-10 seconds and hide to fully regenerate. The enemy that I killed is already back in the fight before I have fully regenerated. Would be nice to see a bump in recovery. Mobility on the other hand seems to be a useless stat like agility in Destiny. As a player, whether I run 0 or 10 mobility, I simply can't tell. Would be nice if a bump in mobility also buffed something like handling on weapons.

 

Miscellaneous

 

Would be nice to be able to compare kinetic and elemental weapons in some way to one another.

 

We need to see connection bars in PvP. Very strange they aren't available in the beta

 

Need to see Roster while matchmaking/flying in.

 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. These are just some of my thoughts after playing the beta. Opinions and feedback welcome.

 

Thanks,

 

Lumi

submitted by /u/Luminosity48
[link] [comments]

Apparently Marauders can do this

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 08:58 AM PDT

Farmhouse Social Space

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 04:55 AM PDT

Just wanted to post a reminder that bungie is opening the new farmhouse social area for 1 hour today. Start times are

  • W/US: 10 AM PDT
  • E/US: 1 PM EDT
  • C/US: 12 PM CDT
  • MT/US: 11 AM MDT
  • Hawaii/US: 7 AM HDT
  • Alaska/US: 9 AM AKDT
  • Japan: 2 AM JST
  • UK: 6 PM BST
  • Europe: 7 PM CEST
  • E/Australia: 3 AM AEST

If your time is not listed you can use this converter: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com

This is also the final day of the beta. Enjoy!

Thank you for time help: - /u/dohateme - /u/majestic_bear - /u/sacraexotica_VEA - /u/RiseOfBacon - /u/szpartan - /u/Ralfufigus - /u/7echArtist - /u/nntb

submitted by /u/CodyL1997
[link] [comments]

I'm really digging D2 PvP. I am NOT digging having to turn away friends because of 4v4.

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 08:16 AM PDT

Friday nights are for the boys. We love getting a group of 5 or 6 of us together for crucible. We've all played the beta so far and are liking the way it feels.

But this past Friday night brought a sober realization... we can't fit everyone in now. I mean, we've known this was coming. But when it actually happened and someone had to bow out, it felt downright crappy.

I have nothing profound to say about this. I simply don't like it. I really hope Bungie gives us a 6v6 game mode sometime during the game's life cycle.

submitted by /u/NovaHands
[link] [comments]

I will not be purchasing this game [D2]

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 10:15 AM PDT

The time to score and the physics of the ball is a disgrace. Nothing like D1!!! This is unacceptable when will Bungie make a game for its fans instead of for itself!!! 3/10 too much vex milk.

submitted by /u/chickosaurus
[link] [comments]

So, the white birds on Nessus are actually ... giant bats.

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 08:28 AM PDT

Remember the critters in the environment of Venus (and possibly other D1 places)? Well, they're back, with a decidedly less brown coat of paint this time. You probably wouldn't notice that the white things flying around the new planetoid location are anything but something feathery, but there's a place halfway through the Inverted Spire where they're coming out from a platform below you and there's a chance to take a much closer look.

A screenshot.

Different colors!

Cute, right?

Disclaimer: these are not the same thing as the mini-dragons/"batadactyls", which is what I thought at first. Things with the same model do appear in the sky of Venus alongside them sometimes, though. Like... wannabe centers of debate about extinct beings, I guess. ;)

submitted by /u/7strikes
[link] [comments]

I'm going to be really disappointed if there isn't going to be a soccer event, with Shaxx as commentator screaming GOOOOOOOOALL when one is scored.

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 10:17 AM PDT

Despite all the changes, one thing remains the same.

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 09:42 AM PDT

People still don't clear adds. That's how I know I'm still in the Destiny universe. . .

submitted by /u/KFabe2482
[link] [comments]

I made a banner with the new class art

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 11:36 AM PDT

http://imgur.com/RszL95T

And now I understand why the Gunslinger is facing the other direction

submitted by /u/TheTwilightGap
[link] [comments]

Anyone else selling FIFA and just grinding D2 soccer?

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 10:53 AM PDT

Can't imagine anyone staying with EA Sports after this...

submitted by /u/nutnuzzler
[link] [comments]

I SWEAR if Bungie puts SBMM in Farm soccer I quit.

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 01:27 AM PDT

Cause that's where I am going for all my PvP needs when this goes live. Time to Farm my elo homies.

submitted by /u/Jadam6118
[link] [comments]

The ghost in our inventory is the wrong color.

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 09:50 AM PDT

Our ghost is red when equiped or previwed but in our inventory image it's orange. [Discussion]

submitted by /u/InvadingBacon
[link] [comments]

Has anybody notices the fucking TOE SHOES on the Crucible leg armour for Hunters?

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 10:46 AM PDT

Literally unplayable.

/s

Edit: here's a shitty picture of this atrocity

submitted by /u/GaryMadeMeDoIt
[link] [comments]

So, that thing on Gaul's face...

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 04:33 AM PDT

Seems like Cabal don't necessarily need respirators under foreign atmospheric conditions, since Gaul's private guard had exposed mouths, and you've never heard a Cabal trooper speaking English, so what if Gaul's mask is actually a translator? How dope would that be if he specifically brought along a voice translator just to shit-talk us?

submitted by /u/Captain_Kuhl
[link] [comments]

I like 4v4 but when someone drops out or you start off with a team of three there is just no way to compete at all and it sucks.

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 10:40 AM PDT

With 6v6 you could at least compete 5v6 but 3v4, especially with the new team shoot dynamics, the match just becomes a completely unenjoyable experience. If and when that fourth slot fills the score is likely around 12-47. It encourages quitting at the first sign of this disadvantage or you can spend 10 minutes just getting slaughtered.

It's surprising that a game can even start 3v4 which has happened probably 1 out of 10 games for me.

submitted by /u/MB22283
[link] [comments]

When people tell me new Nova Bomb is "easily avoidable"

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 09:06 AM PDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzXJKShr5Ic

(For the record, yes I agree Nova Bomb is usually a slow-moving steamroller that I've seen enemies walk out of accidentally if thrown from too far away)

submitted by /u/iCon3000
[link] [comments]

Ghaul took our light but we're still lit

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 01:05 PM PDT

I think I've figured out why the gunplay feels off for some people.

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 06:33 AM PDT

It's range.

Every primary weapon now truly has an optimal range. I started getting more close quarters with my Hand Cannon and used the Pulse Rifle in the mid-range fights. Shots felt crispy again, just like D1.

So, all it takes is adjusting your playstyle to what guns you actually take into combat. Using a Scout? Stay back because the recoil will fuck you up close. SMG? Spray that shit up close. Etc, etc.

Sure, it does feel like there's less Aim Assist as well, but you can make up for it by not trying to shoot Vex and Cabal across the map with your Better Devils.

(Discussion)

submitted by /u/MrElectricNick
[link] [comments]

That's not an emote I expected to see

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 01:37 PM PDT

3 kills with one Shoulder charge

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 03:49 AM PDT

You don't belive me just watch this, that blast!

Shoulder charge

submitted by /u/Invy-Nexus
[link] [comments]

Bungie, give us the ability to direct emotes or taunts at a Raid/Strike Boss in Destiny 2

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 11:14 AM PDT

Thank you Bungie for adding a climb animation for small obstacles.

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 07:14 PM PDT

I played a little Halo 5 recently and thought the climb over small obstacles feature was awesome for a missed jump. I found myself wishing it was in Destiny and lo and behold Bungie answers my subconscious prayers.

Edit: to those of you complaining about being stuck in the animation when all you're trying to do is hop up and shoot from behind cover, the animation isn't activated unless you push the thumb stick forward.

submitted by /u/BrEaD1402
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.