Civilization - You have nothing! You liar!


You have nothing! You liar!

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 01:05 PM PDT

Fucking barbarians

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 09:06 PM PDT

My first finished Civ4 game!

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 02:11 PM PDT

Civ is leaking into r/baseball

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 06:32 PM PDT

I got Ivan the terrible during a war against Russia

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 12:40 PM PDT

What makes V better than VI to many people?

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 07:01 AM PDT

I've heard a lot of people say they prefer 5 to 6 and I'm curious why. Partially because 6 never got me hooked like 5 so I'm inclined to believe they did something wrong but I just can't really tell what.

For the most part, the game is just an improvement on 5 in many ways. It takes all the features of 5 and refines them even more to make them better, like all the new stuff with diplomacy (casus belli for example). In my opinion, I even think the visuals of 6 are far better.

My only gripes with 6 is the lack of a world congress, the policy cards, and the AI definitely seems dumber than it did in 5 sometimes. Which overall shouldn't make a huge impact on my view of the game considering there are a lot of changes I really like. Yet for some reason, 6 will probably never reach the amount of time played as 5.

Is this because maybe a lot of us were already burnt out on 5 and it was too similar? Or did they actually mess up drastically enough to not improve from 5 to 6?

submitted by /u/BigBadBundy
[link] [comments]

A Civ of Ice and Fire v1.0.3; The Ruleset Update

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 09:22 AM PDT

Hello everyone!

V1.0.3: The Ruleset Update has been released!

Since I first released the mod, the one thing I've heard more than anything anything is the overwhelming requests for an updated tech and civics tree, for there to be more specific changes that make things that actually help make it feel like a strategy game set in the Song of Ice and Fire universe.

This is the first step in that direction!

Trust me, I've wanted this as much as you all have and I'm very happy to be able to share it with you all finally! There will be more changes to come and additional techs and civics and changes to the eras as things move forward.

Check it out on the Steam Workshop now and if you like the mod and can afford to throw me a bone, check out my Patreon! Patrons get early access to early versions of the mod!

V1.0.3 Patch Notes:

Features: New Rulesets: ACoIaF Ruleset: - Restricted Tech/Civics trees - Restricted Civilizations/City-States - Restricted Religions (New Beliefs coming soon!) - New Techs (More New Techs and New Civics coming soon!) - Upgraded Medieval Units for late game military - Alchemist unit that can be used by all players allowing everyone to use Wildfire eventually ACoIaF Westeros Ruleset (TSL Westeros scenario that allows you to pick leaders and play on Westeros with the ACoIaF Ruleset) Bugfixes: Resolved an issue that prevented unit portraits from showing up correctly 
submitted by /u/decamatus
[link] [comments]

Broke a promise I didn't keep? What the heck?

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 07:13 PM PDT

Phillip said I was worse than Judas and I broke a promise to him. Only problem is I made no promises.

Earlier he asked me if my troops were going to attack him and I said they were just passing through, but I have not attacked him. So wtf?

submitted by /u/feranomo
[link] [comments]

[Civ 5] Zulus and Mongols friendly immediately, should I be suspicious?

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 01:39 PM PDT

I'm playing as Japan. When they found me I was attacking Portugal and they both had friendly dispositions towards me from the outset, even with "no major incidents which have shaped your relationship". Usually I would have to do some work to make them friendly, hence my suspicion.

I know from past experience that when a civ is inexplicably friendly to you, it may mean they're plotting a surprise attack. But this usually only happens when you've fought before. Plus, the Mongols agreed to a declaration of friendship.

Is there an explanation for this? Do they like other warlike cultures or respect me because I was at war? I don't think they're afraid: I have a higher score than either of them, but a weaker military than both.

submitted by /u/chrisname
[link] [comments]

Civ VI 33% off at GMG - use voucher for an extra 15%

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 06:25 AM PDT

Quick question about Trajan

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 10:49 AM PDT

Q1) Trajan's ability to construct roads between cities so long as they are within trade route range is pretty awesome. plus he's Rome so yeah. but I never was able to find out how long a trade route can be so I'm not able to plan cities.

submitted by /u/rushtactics
[link] [comments]

Anyone else think siege towers should stop working past a certain era?

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 02:59 PM PDT

I mean, infrantry attacking a city with siege towers shouldn't really be the case, right?

Is there a gameplay argument for why they should always work?

If so, shouldn't you always be able to produce them?

submitted by /u/Davd_Eliz
[link] [comments]

OH BOY, I can have my city settle in it's true starting position. What issues could arise?

Posted: 22 Jul 2017 09:59 PM PDT

[Civ 5] Question about the soundtrack

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 06:59 PM PDT

I'm trying to find a particular song from Civ 5, but I haven't had any luck searching the Civ Wiki or any Civ 5 OST playlists on YouTube. The song played when I was at war as England. It was an arrangement of Dido's Lament from Dido and Aeneas with a cello playing Dido's melody, specifically the bit at 1:11. Any help finding somewhere I might be able to listen to this track would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Fyodor_Pavlovich
[link] [comments]

ELI5: CIV VI: Industrial Zone and Entertainment District 6 Tile Radius Thing

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 10:55 AM PDT

I'm still not sure I understand the six tile bonus thing, especially after the latest nerf.

Let's say I have six Cities: City A, City B, City C, City D, City E, and City F, all in a circle.

And let's say there are two tiles that, according to the CQUI, are within six tiles of all six city centers.

So if I build an IZ (and a workshop, factory, and power plant) on one tile, and an EC (and an arena, zoo, and stadium) on the other tile, is there any reason to build any other IZs or ECs anywhere else? Will all six cities get the maximum bonus?

submitted by /u/Professor_Plum_28
[link] [comments]

Im not really sure about deity pacing in this game.

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 06:24 PM PDT

I would consider myself pretty decent at civ 5 deity and MP but I just can't seem to get any success with deity in this game. I understand opening with 3-4 slingers and usually follow with a settler or builder. I normally continue to build on that military and rush a close nieghbour ala civ 5. Is that good o should I wait until crossbows because i see most people talking about conquering stuff by turn 50? In my most recent game, I met Japan on turn 9 and was quickly declared on, followed by India, Russia and Brazil by turn 29. While I did succeed in killing Japan entirely I later died trying to defend against everyone at once. Should I be timing my offensives later? This game really gets at me as all ais appear to just be aggressive warmongers with runaway tech at the start, with nowhere near the dynamism of civ 5.

Also, how often do you find yourselves taking city-states?

submitted by /u/SuffolkLion
[link] [comments]

Where to get latest CQUI mod

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 05:40 PM PDT

I found the Quill18's video on civ vi mods, and he mentions the CQUI mod, but from what I can see the latest release is from November 2016, and I have an issue with that one with the resource logos. is there a place to get the latest build or is the build from November the latest build?

Edit: Wait, I got the one from October, I got the months wrong, but there is one from November, but it says its incompatible with the Winter Update, which is why I didn't download that one because idk if that's an issue, or still an issue, or what.

submitted by /u/MiG_Pilot_87
[link] [comments]

2 people multiplayer, the rest bots, which mods: vox populi or NQmod?

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 07:06 AM PDT

I am kind of bored with old Civilization VI now, so to keep things fresh I want to do some challenge playthroughs.

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 11:38 AM PDT

I have heard about the one city challenge, but the type of challenge that I am looking for is the monthly (although they're not monthly) challenge which you can (probably) see on the right side of the screen.

I don't want a challenge where I am challenged to do a specific thing and keep it in my mind the whole time, and think through my every move, but rather have a different win condition, for example, the Age Of Discovery Monthly challenge requires you to have cities across the globe (as Spain on TSL) and gives you bonus points for doing specific things. I want that type of challenge.

So, an you give me some ideas for this type of challenge?

submitted by /u/DrShadyw
[link] [comments]

So, how does tourism actually work?

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 03:19 PM PDT

Hi! So, I'm chilling as Tomyris and I notice early on that Kongo's tourism needs to be stopped. For reasons I hold off on my attack perhaps just a tab bit too long, but nevertheless when I attack they have 220/260 tourism or w/e it's called. However, I'm right now sitting with his 4 biggest cities (including his capital), and he has continued to gain tourism? He is now at 266/268, and his total tourism of 811 has not changed since the war started either?

How can capturing a city (that has things like wonders) NOT reduce your tourism? Wut?

submitted by /u/Starkheiser
[link] [comments]

Is My Loading Screen Supposed To Look Like This?

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 10:51 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.