Civilization - My dad got civ 5 since he played the original as a kid. I think he likes it.


My dad got civ 5 since he played the original as a kid. I think he likes it.

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 07:47 AM PDT

Your dads are great but none beats mine

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 05:36 PM PDT

My dad has been playing civ 4 since I was a kid, I think he likes it.

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 03:09 PM PDT

/u/Isaiah_b, I see your dad and raise you mine

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 11:52 AM PDT

Got a Kilimanjaro start as Inca. This is gonna be a fun game.

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 02:40 PM PDT

Decided to try 22 civs and 41 city states on a standard map...

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 03:32 PM PDT

My friend just asked "oh, civilization? The game where you play as Egypt and oppress Hitler?"

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 03:40 PM PDT

Civ 5 AI tries to squirm his way into my borders

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 10:11 AM PDT

Triple canal?

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 03:14 AM PDT

A feature that has been greatly improved upon--Domination

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 01:30 PM PDT

At first in Civ 6, I felt that it was very passive for much of the game. No one would war left or right. Even as I was a very passive player, I could sit around with little to no army without any fear.

Then the patches came and went and besides the warmongering penalty, I now feel like the AI Civs will actually fight against one another, even beyond the Ancient and Classical Era. The AI might do some weird tactical moves here and there, but I feel that Domination became more possible for the AI to win (well, more than 0%).

In my current game, Victoria has conquered Norway, expanded through out her continent, consistently picked off a dying Egypt and a cultural powerhouse of Japan (who captured Egypt's capital), and even has conquered two-thirds of Macedon, putting Alexander in his place. Meanwhile, I (John Curtin) head for a science victory on another continent with bloodthirsty Gandhi and crippled Poland and Germany.

I hope as the patches and DLC come it become even more possible to catch the player by surprise in the AI's effort to win.

submitted by /u/eskaver
[link] [comments]

CIV VI is more shallow in its writing than CIV V

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 09:45 AM PDT

Sparta is obsessed with Ares, even though Ares didn't have the qualities the Spartans admired in their real patron gods, Athena and Apollo.

Catherine De Medici insults are too direct - I would like it better if the civilizations that disliked me would be a bit more subtle, reflecting their qualities of subterfuge.

All in all the writing is just really poor quality in comparison to Civ V. I feel like this is CIV V for kids...

Not to mention the awful quotes they dug up for civics and tech...they are nowhere near as deep as the CIV V quotes. Some of them are just outright dumb. In CIV V, I liked hearing them repeat, in CIV VI I wince whenever I finish a tech. I feel sorry for the voice actor.

Do you agree or not?

submitted by /u/izi_ningishzidda
[link] [comments]

My Dad also enjoys Civ V...

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 05:21 PM PDT

[Discussion] Blank artifact nationality?

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 01:02 PM PDT

In several of my recent Civ 6 games, when unearthing an artifact, often one of the two nationalities it presents will be a blank button (no text on the button). For example, I was recently given a choice between Blank and Frederick Barbarossa. Does the blank spot mean an artifact from a dead Civ or is this just a bug?

submitted by /u/DrifloonEmpire
[link] [comments]

I got 4 weeks off from work starting today and I'm buying this game tomorrow as soon as I wake up. What should I expect?

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 03:48 PM PDT

Totally new to Civ VI and this series of games despite friends loud cries for me to start playing. I'll give it a shot. I actually think I'll like it a lot, been watching a couple of videos for beginners and I think I got an idea on what it's about. What should I do, read or watch before playing for the first time?

Will I be stuck here for 4 weeks?

submitted by /u/ggalaxyy
[link] [comments]

(Strawpoll) Civ VI has been out for nearly a year now, so at this point in time, which game do you prefer?

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 08:28 AM PDT

Announcement today or tomorrow?

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 06:15 AM PDT

Are we expecting a reveal today or tomorrow? Or later in the week? Any word is a good word:)

submitted by /u/ArcadeBears
[link] [comments]

I have become what I hate most

Posted: 23 Jul 2017 11:47 PM PDT

Looking to get into the Civ series

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 12:30 PM PDT

I'm a Paradox player, I've played Hearts of Iron 3 and Europa Universalis 4. I've enjoyed them both a lot.

What are the main differences between Paradox and Civ games? What should I expect going in? Is there a strong military aspect to Civ like to Paradox games? Civ is much more ahistorical compared to Paradox games, right? Which Civ game would be best for me?

submitted by /u/MSBCOOL
[link] [comments]

So I think my copy of Civ V is Drunk.....

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 01:10 PM PDT

Looking for advice on how to proceed in Civ 5.

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 12:35 PM PDT

So I'm currently playing as Denmark and I've run into a slight problem. The United Nations just passed a trade embargo on me and I only have one Civ that is friendly towards me, that being the Inca.

Now to give a little background, about halfway through the game I was friends with every Civ in the game sans France. Isabella in particular was my closest ally, with us having research agreements and defensive pacts put in place. I was able to acquire good relations with everyone through the sacred technique of denouncing France. Everything was going well, until for whatever reason Carthage denounced me and the Netherlands signed a declaration of friendship with France. What's more, I refused a trade agreement with my good friend Isabella cause my economy wasn't doing so well and then she stopped talking to me.

I think the cause of this was because the Inca turned into a raging asshole that everyone started denouncing and because I was allied with him, everyone started hating me too.

So good old William proposed an embargo against me and with his 18 delegates and the support of my former friends passed it. I have no idea what to do. Here's where I am right now.

-I'm in the Information era and just finished researching Computers. The only one in the same era as me is Napoleon.

-I have 3 oil and 4 uranium thanks to the Inca.

-I've denounced William cause I was pissed at him.

So, anyone have any advice for me? Any is welcome.

submitted by /u/LegitInfowarrior
[link] [comments]

[Civ V]Jungle to farm science victory ratio.

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 11:07 AM PDT

I'm playing on an Amazon map. My capital is in the middle of the howling jungle (except for the mountain I'm looking at planets from). How many jungle tiles should I plow and how many should I keep? Plow the ones on plains (2 food jungle) and keep the grassland jungle (3 food) for the science?

submitted by /u/CahokiaGreatGeneral
[link] [comments]

The Temple of Toulouse: An Island Exclave

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 08:29 PM PDT

Can someone help me with expanding here?

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 04:07 AM PDT

I'd post a dank meme about my Civ-Playing dad

Posted: 24 Jul 2017 07:35 PM PDT

But he plays Exclusively Civilization: Revolution on the Xbox360

submitted by /u/Theelout
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.