The Legend of Zelda - BoTW Daily Questions Thread: Ask questions and get help! - June 04, 2017


BoTW Daily Questions Thread: Ask questions and get help! - June 04, 2017

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 06:10 AM PDT

The new queue has many questions being asked so here's a daily megathread to help your question not get lost. You're more than welcome to continue to make threads with questions. Please try and help users by answering their questions!

Questions could have spoilers in them! BEWARE ALL THOSE WHO ENTER! Minor spoilers will be below about weapons, bosses, locations, etc. But someone might ask a question regarding a moment that has happened you have not experienced. So please know what you're entering.

Tips and Tricks Megathread

Want tips and tricks? Read all the tips and tricks provided by you, the users. Or submit your own.

Spoiler policy

>> Read the spoiler policy here. <<

TL;DR: Major locations/temples and major character names will be allowed in titles with the release of the game. Titles still must be vague and cannot divulge storylines. Boss names, dungeon weapons, plot points are not allowed in titles.

Titles must begin with [SPOILERS] when discussing the game or they will be removed.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Self Post Sundays! - June 04, 2017

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 09:09 PM PDT

To foster more discussion about the games every Sunday we turn the subreddit into self-post only mode.

Self-Post Sundays are our main discussion day. On those days we only allow text posts directly about the games themselves.

Please save your images, fan art, screenshots, videos, etc to the other days of the week. Use this day to discuss the games. Other posts will be removed.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

I've never played before, I'm expecting good things :)

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 12:51 PM PDT

Am I the only one who hates that when you beat a Zelda game it takes you back to before you beat the final boss and saved the world?

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 08:44 PM PDT

Pretty much title. I've always wanted to be able to go back and play the game once I've beat it with the world all nice and happy and devoid of evil. I wish there could just be a post game period where the final boss stays defeated and you can still run around and do stuff. Anyone else feel this way?

submitted by /u/Wabbbit7
[link] [comments]

Skyward Sword is the bane of my existence

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 11:18 PM PDT

Will this game ever end? I always think I'm almost through, then boom! Fetch quest.

"You must get the triforce, but first you need the sacred flames..."

"You've acquired the sacred flames, but the triforce is lost. Walk around and talk to people for clues..."

"Just to learn more about the triforce you must talk to a weird sky dragon type creature..."

fights sky dragon thing

"You need to learn a song..."

"I only have a quarter of the song, you must go back to every area you've beaten multiple times and see the three dragons for the rest of the song..."

gets back to the woods

"You must defeat the imprisoned for the third time..."

finally makes it to the first dragon

"I can't just give you the song, you must swim around the entire woods and find the individual notes..."

Fuuuuuck this.

submitted by /u/somedudewrote
[link] [comments]

[BotW] Tal Tal Peak

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 05:44 PM PDT

When you're near a korok does it make a sound or no?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 05:50 AM PDT

I've heard owl sounds randomly throughout my play through and just making sure these are not korok seeds I'm running past.

Thanks

submitted by /u/cuckfombustion
[link] [comments]

Had to take a break to make a fitting desktop.

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 10:09 AM PDT

BotW: Mipha by ruina

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 08:45 PM PDT

Anyone played Zelda II and Dark Souls? How do they compare?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 05:28 AM PDT

I'm playing Zelda II and all I can think is that it was made by sadistic psychopaths. It is not only that the game is very hard: it is punishing, brutal, cruel, unfair. I bet suicide rates went up in Japan after this game was released.

I am using a guide and saved state restore points heavily, and I am not ashamed of it. I spent a long time farming XP to bring everything to level 6 or 7, and the game was still hard.

I like exploring the palaces by myself. Enemies aside, it is actually pretty easy. The palaces feel more like a Super Mario underground level than a Zelda dungeon. But for the overworld, I do not even try: I read the guide and follow it to the letter, step by step, not deviating a bit.

People say that after Death Mountain, things get easier. Unless they never progressed much after dungeon 2, Midoro Palace, they are lying. Island Palace gets very hard again and Maze Palace makes sure you don't forget why the game you are playing earned its reputation. And it only keeps getting harder afterwards. By the time you get to Valley of Death, where I currently am, you start to wonder why you thought Death Mountain was hard...

I never played Dark Souls, but I know it has a similar reputation. If you played both, how do they compare in terms of difficulty?

submitted by /u/kpws
[link] [comments]

[BOTW] [SPOILERS] I wonder what happened to the Shrines after the events of BOTW.

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 12:02 AM PDT

Honestly, I see them getting sold off to the highest bidders to use as homes and such. Realistically, they probably just don't do anything with their space-defying dimensions and just sit there gathering dust.

submitted by /u/JPLangley
[link] [comments]

If you could be any race in Zelda? Which would you be and why?

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 11:40 PM PDT

Personally I think I would have the most fun being a Zora, and every depiction of Zora's domain comforts me.

submitted by /u/bobble00
[link] [comments]

[BoTW] Link x Zelda - Digital Fanart

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 02:19 PM PDT

Somebody posted their collection of their favorite Zelda game so I thought I would do the same for mine!

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 03:36 PM PDT

Has anyone noticed how similar BoTW and TP are?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 08:29 AM PDT

Inspired by this video: https://youtu.be/MhPLEMiBGcw

I posted a similar thread about the similarities about BoTW and SS, and this video made me realize there are a lot of similarities between these two games as well, specifically the world. What do you guys think?

submitted by /u/DylanASwhoever
[link] [comments]

Breath of The Wild Trailer Recreated in Zelda Twilight Princess

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 05:58 PM PDT

This guy is primarily a Starcraft 2 streamer, but he plays Zelda every once and a while and is currently is 36 hours into a 4 day Zelda marathon dedicated to charity with some friends. Come support Alzheimer's Association and hang out in chat with us!

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 09:30 PM PDT

So I've absolutely loved every Zelda game I've played. I've played through the NES Zelda, Ocarina of Time, and Majoras Mask. Loved all 3 but switched to non Nintendo consoles after that so I've missed out on many years of great Zelda games. Where do I start now?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 07:45 AM PDT

So like I said above I've had a great experience with every Zelda game I've played and I know some fantastic ones have come out since that I've never even touched. Do I need to play the next Zelda right after Majoras mask next? Or is there a better place for me to start again? I will have emulators to run each but that's not a problem at all for me to get set up. I've got a pretty solid gaming laptop that can run just about any emulation software. I also know it's against the rules of the sub to post or request ROMS so I will do any of that searching on my own. Just want to know which game to tackle next! I love the community you guys have here! Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/2Pro2Know
[link] [comments]

ZeLink confirmed

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 04:59 PM PDT

BotW x Avatar: the Last Airbender

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 02:57 PM PDT

Playing Ocarina of Time (3DS). Why do I always end up at Link's home in the village on startup, even if I saved elsewhere?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 03:12 AM PDT

Fucking Hestu...

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 09:59 PM PDT

I'm sick and tired of having so few inventory slots, but I can't find this asshole anywhere. Most guides say Riverland stable, I can assure you, he isn't there for me. Others say wetland stable, and unless I'm blind, the fat fuck isn't there. Others still say woodland stable...and yet, he's not there either (note, the official guide says woodland stable and he's not there)

Anyone have any guesses as to where I can find this asshole?

submitted by /u/Treeroy6670
[link] [comments]

Aww, that's cool!

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 06:45 PM PDT

The thing I love most about BoTW is also the reason I stopped playing it.

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 06:52 PM PDT

Breath of the Wild might be my favourite game of all time. The freedom and discoverability of the world is a genre defining moment.

However it's this same freedom or lack of hand holding that has me stalled out and uninspired to play. The complete lack of goals is frustrating at times. I know I have broad goals, complete the 4 dungeons, collect all my memories and then go to the castle.

However, not having smaller goals that lead to these goals is making the game stagnate for me. I know I could look up online where or what I should do, but I despise doing that. I've spent over 100 hours finding shrines and completing two dungeons. Ive found all but two memories. Now everything just feels like a chore and it's driving me crazy. I want to finish this game. I just don't want it to feel like work.

submitted by /u/J04DAN
[link] [comments]

Beautiful BotW Wallpaper [1920 x 1080]

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 08:52 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.