Destiny - This Week in /r/DestinyTheGame History [2016/6/3 - 2016/6/9]


This Week in /r/DestinyTheGame History [2016/6/3 - 2016/6/9]

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 02:05 AM PDT

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

True back then, true today. Life does move pretty fast, just as posts move pretty fast on /r/DestinyTheGame. Once a week, "This Week in /r/DestinyTheGame History" brings you some of the gems from this time last year. It's a walk down memory lane to give some perspective of where we were and how things have (or haven't) changed in the last trip around the Sun.

Maybe you made the post, maybe you saw the post, maybe you missed the post. Relive it or discover it for the first time. Either way, we hope you enjoy this blast from the past.


  1. MY LEAK OF THE RISE OF IRON TRAILER (YOU'RE WELCOME)
  2. There are two types of people in this world...
  3. Bungie, Trickle still isn't fun
  4. Destiny: Rise of Iron on Xbox page!
  5. Due to the recent information released concerning Rise of Iron and the coming Fallen Threat, I thought I'd remind everyone of the Fallen Walker's Weakness.
  6. Wife vs. Xur
  7. I hope the Rise of Iron Raid will be more like VoG than King's Fall.
  8. Rise of Iron Reveal Stream Megathread
  9. My Mara Sov Cosplay from Megacon
  10. Bungie: Friendly reminder not to tinker with current infusion method

To see other /r/DestinyTheGame posts from this week last year, click here.

submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
[link] [comments]

because apparently nobody is liking the new titan subclass. i am drawing a fan art of the best class in this game for my titan army

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 03:01 AM PDT

if you need a 4k version for your wallpaper, just ask me here

https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/748835IMG201706031157149.jpg

submitted by /u/infel2no
[link] [comments]

I loved the sleek design of the gatling gun "Sweet Business", so here's a vector art I made!

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 08:04 AM PDT

"...I love my job."

My previous vector art

As usual, if you have any requests please post them! :D

Edit per request: Buy me a coffee <3

submitted by /u/Signynt
[link] [comments]

[Tower Thought] If Sunbreakers refer to themselves as "Hammer Bros" and Defenders as "Bubble Brothers", does that mean that fellow Sentinels are "Shield Brothers"?

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 12:55 PM PDT

We should totally have a DTG meetup at E3 this year

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 06:03 AM PDT

So after reading this week at Bungie I realized that since E3 is open to the public this year there might be a lot of people from this subreddit in Los Angeles for E3. So I was thinking, wouldn't it be great to have a Destiny Reddit meetup somewhere in the Los Angeles Convention Center so we can meet each other and talk about our favorite space magic game?

Edit: Okay I didn't realized people would be so against this idea... I just figured it would be great to meet other people with a similar interest in Destiny

submitted by /u/Siggiyngri
[link] [comments]

Suggestion for D2: Stackable Engrams

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 07:30 AM PDT

I think it would make sense to make engrams stack.

First of all, the data required to say you have 1 rare or 10 rare engrams is the exact same save the change from 1 to 10.

Second, it reduces the need for constantly having to go back to the social space to decrypt them when you are full.

Third, it's something in between immediately being able to decrypt and the system that we have now

Finally, when you get a drop that isn't an engram, you know what it is, but you don't know if that purple engram will decrypt into an exotic.


Notes: Would probably make sense to have a stack be 10-20 engrams max, with each stack being for only one color (9 blue and 1 green needs two stacks)

It is possible put these under the inventory tab, but not likely.

submitted by /u/galvinizingthunder
[link] [comments]

Without the light, melee in D2...

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 09:41 AM PDT

Hunters will still have their knives, Titans will still be able to punch things but Warlocks will be just like "TALK TO THE HAND!"

submitted by /u/Xcelcius560
[link] [comments]

As a Hunter main is this how you Warlock

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 07:06 AM PDT

To be continued

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 11:30 AM PDT

Those Sneaky Acolytes are Learning to Drive

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 09:21 AM PDT

Exotic Grenade Launcher.

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 12:14 PM PDT

Is there any possibility that in D2 one of exotic grenade launchers can shoot grenades that you character equipped?

submitted by /u/TheMaestroNoob
[link] [comments]

True Gunslinger Style!

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 05:06 AM PDT

This is a clip I have wanted to share for awhile now. Hope you enjoy.

http://imgur.com/rHnER5z

submitted by /u/chips_22
[link] [comments]

SO wanted a custom Destiny MC patch for his vest so we came up with this design and I spent the day yesterday drawing this up

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 11:22 AM PDT

4-4, last man, 3 enemy supers

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 01:48 AM PDT

D2 - Add shops to the app

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 05:51 AM PDT

Could we have the ability to buy vendor items added to the app. Would be a great QoL feature for example not having to go to vendors to buy material parts etc. Or if you can't play one week, still being able to shop from Xur or get the currently sold vendor rolls.

submitted by /u/Bakedbrown1e
[link] [comments]

Here's my vector art Destiny 2 gun collection so far

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 08:30 AM PDT

Family Pic

Which ones should I add to my to-do list? Let me know!

Edit: Added wallpaper versions!

submitted by /u/Signynt
[link] [comments]

Most intense final round of trials I've ever seen

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 01:23 PM PDT

Was watching some of my buddies older YouTube videos and came across this intense 4 to 4 final round in trials. https://youtu.be/1b7-_FqIOOQ

submitted by /u/FatBlunt916
[link] [comments]

Bungie: 1 Month Before Destiny 2, Let's See an 'Owl Sector' ARG Event Inflicting Daybreak on Guardians. Constant Daybreak Buff in Every Activity.

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 10:28 AM PDT

Just imagine. Another 'Owl Sector' event and you can transfer the mites to other players. The mites inflict a CONSTANT DAYBREAK BUFF. Daybreak as soon as you spawn into any activity.

Enjoy the last month of Destiny by wrecking everything in any activity with your supers.

Patrol. Strikes. Raids.

submitted by /u/flavmartins
[link] [comments]

Is anyone else nervous about the changes and attunements available on Voidwalker in Destiny 2?

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 11:20 AM PDT

TL;DR: To me, the Striker subclass attunements shown in the reveal seem to handicap the subclass by forcing certain synergies. Specifically, not being able to run Aerial Strike and Trample together seems like a major missed opportunity. Though it is early, I am worried about what Voidwalker will look like. I don't want the subclass I'm playing now in Destiny 1 to feel like an upgrade over its rework in the sequel.

In Destiny 1, I personally feel Voidwalker is in a really great spot. The subclass is viable in PvP and PvE, both in casual and endgame modes. The Nova Bomb, especially with Lance, feels rewarding to use without being hilariously OP. The grenades are solid. Moreover, the perks and customizability yield the most synergized builds in Destiny 1. While some things (ahem axion bolt tracking) are annoying to play against, they don't feel OP even though some exotics do (looking at you, Ram).

Point is, it doesn't seem like Voidwalker needs too many changes to provide a fun experience in Destiny 2. Though I understand some, like adjusting the Nova Bomb for roaming similar to the Fist of Havoc, obviously have to happen. However, given the new "attunement" approach greatly restricting variability, I think it could seriously harm the utility of the Voidwalker subclass. For example, I like to spec around the Energy Drain perk, bolstering it with Annihilate and Lance because those synergize well. Depending on if I'm in PvP or PvE, I'll often switch between Shatter or Lance depending on map, task, etc. With the new approach in Destiny 2, the ability to experiement and synergize builds around what works for you is lost.

What do you think?

submitted by /u/Commander_Prime
[link] [comments]

Hunter master race!

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 10:09 AM PDT

https://imgur.com/gallery/8gdDB Made a sign for the best class in the game in my high school shop class! Turned out pretty decent.

submitted by /u/SCE023
[link] [comments]

Solo the VOG entrance for the two chests

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 11:09 AM PDT

I tried running Relic for Templar Challenge, and it's actually easier and much more fun than being one of five guys shooting Templar in the face

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 12:16 PM PDT

Before this weekend, I never ever ran the relic. I used to be wondering how the hell relic holders can block both teleports, since so many groups I've seen were struggling with that, and we had to resort to "relic holder blocks left, we group on right, control adds, etc.", or we had to place blinding bubble on right side, so relic holder can just chill inside.
I watched one video on how to run relic to figure out how the hell shield holds up for so long to block Templar attacks, and was surprised that the trick is to spend as little time as possible on the teleport ring. And yesterday it just happened that our group didn't have relic holders, so I volunteered to run it. And it was actually SO. MUCH. FUN. Jump, jump, jump, another jump (thank you, Bones of Eao!), swipe-swipe-swipe-swipe, get on point, wait a little bit before Templar switches his attention to you, shield up, ring disappears, time for another jumping session, be careful not to move on right side so you won't drop the shield, jump-jump-jump-jump-swipe-swipe, rinse and repeat, and woah, the Templar is down?
Today I tried the same on Warlock, and while it was a little bit harder (couple of times I floofed over right side into the adds, one time I forgot where the teleport ring is and rushed to Templar and bashed him into the face, didn't go well), it still was pretty easy.
And being Relic runner actually eliminated the aspect I hated the most about Templar - the reliance and hope that your relic runner is good enough and you won't have to start over. Now this is in my hands, I don't need to hope, I don't need to rely upon someone being a good relic runner - I just need to do it!
That is the video I've watched to gather understanding on how to run Relic correctly. I used a different route - instead of going in П-looking way behind the pillars, I went diagonally between the pillars, where the team is at because I was kinda afraid that I won't make it in time.
So, if you have a patient or friendly teammates, give it a shot!

submitted by /u/FragranceOfPickles
[link] [comments]

That time that I Memory of Timur'd myself in Archon's Forge

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 11:33 AM PDT

Shutting down supers and well placed trip mines... feels good man.

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 09:53 AM PDT

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FUZZ%20MASSTER/video/31987524

My anxiety was thru the roof with all the red on the radar.

submitted by /u/DmitriyTokar
[link] [comments]

Mercy don't work in trials?

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 09:37 AM PDT

In 3 different weeks now, I and my team (different people every week) have bought all the boons and when we get our first loss of the card, it ends with us getting a red dot. Cant say for sure but it seems that a lot more bullshit things are happening in the games we play, like after one round we may wait for over 1 minute before the next starts... etc etc Is it far fetched to think that Bungie has close to zero people managing the game at this state so close to D2 and simply not bothered to fix the minor/major things in the game?

submitted by /u/Lefthand89
[link] [comments]

Got the Spicy Ramen t-shirt & decided to make it in to an animated SVG, wanted to share :)

Posted: 02 Jun 2017 10:35 PM PDT

Not the best code - but it was fun to make and that's what counts:

https://codepen.io/danhannigan/full/NgWpej/

(I don't post here much either, I hope this post is okay)

submitted by /u/djh2048
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.