Hearthstone - Theorycrafting Thursdays Weekly Discussion


Theorycrafting Thursdays Weekly Discussion

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 05:07 PM PDT

Hello members of the /r/hearthstone community,

This is a weekly thread designed for more advanced discussion regarding the intricacies of Hearthstone. Questions and answers should be focused on high-level theory crafting, such as card synergy, efficient mana drafts, and the viability of cards in certain situations.

Please keep it clean and try to add more than just a one or two word response. As the goal of this post is to increase the community's knowledge, the thought process matters as much as the answer! There is also a Newbie Tuesday weekly post, for those who wish to discuss the basics.

Note: I am a bot. Questions or feedback regarding this thread? Message the moderators.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

TIL: Potion of Polymorph doesn't summon a Sheep. It PLAYS a Sheep.

Posted: 27 Apr 2017 04:21 AM PDT

Potion of Polymorph activates the Hunter quest, and in the Yogg brawl, makes the sheep cast its own spell. Blizzard should probably fix this small inconsistency.

submitted by /u/Muffin----------greg
[link] [comments]

The tragedy of Crackling Razormaw the adapted

Posted: 27 Apr 2017 03:31 AM PDT

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Crackling Razormaw the adapted? I thought not, its not a story the control players would tell you. Its a hunter legend. Crackling Razormaw was a beast so overpowered it could use its battlecry to influence other creatures. He had such a knowledge of the adapted side, he could even keep the ones he cared about unable to be targeted by spells or hero powers. Midrange hunter is a pathway to hearthstone many consider to be aggro. He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was fiery war axe, which of course was played on turn 2. Unfortunately, he became so OP that mages started keeping frostbolt in their opening hand. Ironic. He could save others from removal, but not himself.

submitted by /u/Juiced_Potatos
[link] [comments]

My opponent just lived golakka crawler dream in arena

Posted: 27 Apr 2017 05:26 AM PDT

Already saving for the next expansion? Get more packs by getting a Job

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 12:01 PM PDT

So I'm not sure how many people know about this, but companies pay you to work for them. Every hour you work for a company gives you at least $7.25. You can earn a total of 100+ dollars a day ($58 for the first 8 hours and up to $44 for overtime), plus they offer free dollars every day for shitting on the clock.

At $5 you can redeem them for a $5 Amazon gift card. If you max out your working each day like I do you can get about 20 gift cards per month. These gift cards can be used to purchase Amazon Coins, and I think most of you know the deal with hearthstone packs and Amazon coins.

I had $100 in Amazon money just from having a job for the past few months and I bought 100 packs with Amazon Coins for like $99...so it was actually only $99 out of my pocket. Pretty sweet deal that I'm sure some people here could take advantage of if they're saving up for the next expansion.

Hope this helps!

submitted by /u/Soapp
[link] [comments]

The new ranked floors have been an absolutely wonderful adjustment for ladder play.

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 04:09 PM PDT

In every single prior season, rank 5 was full of your typical tier 1 and some tier 2 decks. Whenever someone did well enough to hit rank 5, there was that thought in the back of their mind that said "Hey man, you made it this far with [meta deck], maybe you can reach Legend with it."

It discouraged experimenting with innovative decks because you were so close to that goal of hitting Legend.

Now that there is a safety net, the play in ranks 5 through 3 is SO DIVERSE. Absolutely love it. One of my favorite changes Team 5 has ever made.

All that being said, I'd still love to see Hearthstone adopt a ladder system like other competitive Blizzard games, with bronze, silver, gold, etc tiers rather than this monthly grind.

submitted by /u/ryansmith18
[link] [comments]

Kripp, you're alright. Don't stream arena tonight

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 05:23 PM PDT

The Evergreen Problem - Is it Time to Rethink Classic?

Posted: 27 Apr 2017 07:17 AM PDT

vS Data Reaper Report #45

Posted: 27 Apr 2017 09:03 AM PDT

Greetings!

The Vicious Syndicate Team is proud to present the 45th edition of the Data Reaper Report.

As always, a special thanks to all those who contribute their game data to the project. This project could not succeed without your support. The entire vS Team is eternally grateful for your assistance.

This week our data is based off of over 2,500 contributors and over 104,000 games! In this week's report you will find:

  • Deck Library - Decklists & Class/Archetype Radars

  • Class/Archetype Distribution Over All Games

  • Class/Archetype Distribution "By Rank" Games

  • Class Frequency over previous 45 Weeks

  • Class Frequency by Day (Since the launch of Un'Goro)

  • Interactive Matchup Win-Rate Chart

  • vS Power Rankings

  • Analysis/Discussion of each Class

  • Meta Breaker of the Week

The full article can be found at: vS Data Reaper Report #45

Data Reaper Live (Beta) - After you're done with the Report, you can keep an eye on this up-to-date live Meta Tracker throughout the week!

As always, thank you all for your fantastic feedback and support. We are looking forward to all the additional content we can provide everyone.

Reminder

  • If you haven't already, please sign up to contribute your game data! The more contributors we have the more accurate our data! More data will allow us to answer some more interesting questions. Track-o-Bot runs in the background, so you can use it in conjunction with any other tracker you prefer. Sign up here, and follow the instructions.

Thank you,

The Vicious Syndicate Team

submitted by /u/ViciousSyndicate
[link] [comments]

I would like to see your oldest Hearthstone Screenshots

Posted: 27 Apr 2017 05:48 AM PDT

As someone who started playing HS less than a year ago, I would really love to see some "old school" vanillaish Hearthstone screenshots. Would you mind to share some old pictures with me? :3

submitted by /u/ArmySash
[link] [comments]

Increasing skill of the Discard mechanic while keeping the 'soul' of the mechanic

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 05:43 PM PDT

What if they rewrote every card with 'Discard a random card' to say, 'Discard a random adjacent card'? This way there are still usually two options, and you can actually adjust your play to bring the Discard card closer to your Zavas/Golem.

Discarding two will discards both adjacent cards, if it's on the edge it will discard the closest two.

What do you think? Would it be too powerful, have no effect, or be just the change the mechanic needs?

submitted by /u/MorningPants
[link] [comments]

Due to a last minute typo the new Un'Goro mechanic is 'Adopt' - How does it work now?

Posted: 27 Apr 2017 08:10 AM PDT

Here's mine -

Adopt - Return a friendly minion to your hand. Give it +1/+2.

BONUS: Rename an Adapt card! Ex. Crackling Razormom

submitted by /u/rinehol
[link] [comments]

RIP Un'Goro's dinosaurs

Posted: 27 Apr 2017 06:30 AM PDT

I might have just caused the next mass extinction...

http://i.imgur.com/o7CNnwI.png

submitted by /u/Cronusd
[link] [comments]

If im gonna stomp a quest rogue , I'ma make it look sexy.

Posted: 27 Apr 2017 12:57 AM PDT

I've just witnessed a very sad tale in the new tavern brawl

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 01:49 PM PDT

Shortly after my opponent played stone defender which implosioned itself, eyes of rage came upon the 1/4 silverback patriarch that was hanging in my hand as memories of powercreep passed through his head. Wanting to prove himself I played him and he was lusting for power. He gave himself a +4/+4 power overwhelming! He felt joy, joy he has never felt in years. But yet at the end of the turn he started fading away, and he died,Horribly.

submitted by /u/RoxesX
[link] [comments]

Ultra-Realistic Hearthstone Box

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 09:10 PM PDT

The Hearthstone Twitter admits it is Lost Vikings 2

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 04:58 PM PDT

WizardPoker, I miss you so much. Take a time to remember

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 06:57 PM PDT

To those that don't know, WizardPoker is someone that put some great videos on it's youtube channel [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxu7RS3xnsK7NNLZkgurH9A/videos] and it's last video is 7 months old now.

He did cover some good old Dramas like the Massan bot case [1], the Forsen vs AtheneLive fight [2], RDU stating that P4wnyhof was a scumbag a year before everyone [3], some fun hilights like the spacey Trump extreme sellout [4] and Forsen Pokemon Go cringe fiesta [5].

WizardPoker, if you still are among us, please comeback! We need you in time like these where people are being kicked out tournaments, others being banned for casting a spoiler stream, price packs going up, and all the drama redditors love.

Videos:

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4mZ-8yieBo

[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUSZAN2E2uE

[3] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0BhzloNjV0

[4] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jifZWWVRH_o

[5] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF-ETZ8qz_k

submitted by /u/MaximusKim
[link] [comments]

[Kripparian] Mage’s Randomness Has Gone Too Far

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 12:07 PM PDT

Meet Amaz the predictor

Posted: 27 Apr 2017 07:52 AM PDT

I reached Rank 15! Thanks Quest Rogues!

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 07:54 PM PDT

Thanks to a newborn I've never been able to play more than one or two ranked games of Hearthstone a day without worrying about needing to concede. Likewise, my collection isn't great, and I don't want to craft cards before the meta settles. So with that in mind, I created a budget Buffadin deck, and set out to ladder this month with the expectation I'd plateau around rank 17 or so like I always do.

Little did I know, things have changed. A secret society of benevolent rank 20-16 ladder players has emerged. Their mission: to all play the same "oppressive" deck archtype, but make the worst possible plays every turn. This way no matter how good their curve, or how poor mine was, I would be guaranteed victory. They call themselves quest rogues. I queued into them in roughly 60% of my games and they carried me on their backs' to the hallowed halls of rank 15 for my first time.

I'd like to take this time to thank all of them. I'm probably missing a few and for that I apologize. You're all special snowflakes and you deserve better.

So with that in mind I'd like to thank:

  • The quest rogue who on turn 2 double Shadowstepped a Loot Hoarder, played it again, then Prep - Eviscerated my Grimestreet Outfitter to protect it.
  • The quest rogue who with ten cards in hand played his Swashburglar for the fourth time.
  • The multiple quest rogues who played a Bilefin Tidehunter on turn 4 for the 3rd time then left it on the board. Obviously Paladins have no way of dealing 1 burst damage on turn 4.
  • The multiple quest rogues who played a Fire Fly for the 4th time, then played their entire hand of Elementals the turn before they could play Crystal Core.
  • The quest rogue who ran both Stonetusk Boars and Patches into my Tar Creeper the turn before he/she could play Crystal Core.
  • And of course my favorite: the quest rogue who double Shadowstepped a Novice Engineer on an empty board on turn two, then re-played it. Then on turn 3, played a Gadgetzan Ferryman as his/her first card and proceeded to rope me in confused silence while trying to drag the Engineer over the Ferryman before finally conceding.

Noble rank 20-16 Quest Rogues, I don't know what I've done to deserve you, but I love you for your kindness. Sure I'm a mediocre player with a mediocre deck. I lost to every Quest Warrior, Murloc Paladin, Control Priest, and Mid-range Hunter I played. Yet every time I lost you were there to help me get my win-streak back. For this, I thank you.

Honorable mention to the Freeze Mages I faced. Sure, I consistently left you in positions where you had roughly 5 HP left, Ice Block, lethal on the board, and had tested for every secret I could have other than Eye for an Eye. Sure, you all could have just pinged me at the start of your turn and been guaranteed victory. Yet you all chose, without hesitation, to start by Fireballing me in the face. Some would call this foolish and stubborn. I call it maintaining one's convictions and I respect it.

(Edit after reading comments) No I don't honestly think I'm superior to people at rank 15. Where I'm coming from, is that I tried ladder with my self-created budget decks during Mean Streets and found it unbearable. "Another Pirate deck! Better go all-in defensive and pray he runs out of burst! His last two cards were Arcanite Reaper and Heroic Strike? Oh well! Another Reno deck! Well, I don't even own cards that have much value so I guess I better go all-in on going face and pray he doesn't have Reno or a good Kazakus potion! He had both? Oops!" Every game was just a coin flip where you're praying a coin weighted towards heads flips tails anyway. I could never even tell if me or my opponents actually knew how to play the game, every game was so straightforward. In Un'Goro the best decks actually require making decisions. Now I can actually tell if me or my opponents actually know what we're doing. The answer is usually, no, we don't. And that makes low ranked budget play so much more enjoyable and so much less oppressive. For once it actually doesn't matter that much that even at rank 18 everyone is net-decking.

submitted by /u/PushPresto
[link] [comments]

Sjow's deck tricks up Dog with Curious Glimmerroot

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 09:20 PM PDT

Streamer gets the dream in the tavern brawl

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 05:42 PM PDT

Play your entire deck at once

Posted: 27 Apr 2017 05:11 AM PDT

This is the sort of insanely convoluted combo-ing that takes a willing partner to pull off, but has anyone (with more cards/dust than me, obviously) tried this combo?

-Warlock hero power

-[[Justicar Trueheart]]

-[[Raza the Chained]]

-[[Coldarra Drake]]

-[[Wilfred Fizzlebang]]

And BAM! Race against the rope to play your entire deck in one turn :-P

The only way I can see this being done is with a Priest deck, with no duplicates for Raza obviously, playing against a druid that has [[Moonglade Portal]]. In the priest's deck, put [[Sir Finley Mrrgglton]], [[Confessor Paletress]], Trueheart, Raza, and stuff that steals from the opponent's deck/hand. Get the hero power from Finley, play Trueheart and Raza, acquire and play Moonglade Portal and get Coldarra from it, and play Paletress to get Wilfred from her. (Sadly, Wilfred is the only legendary you can get from Paletress in this scenario due to all others using their battlecries, unless you have return to hand effects.) This of course requires an absurd amount of RNG, but if anyone can manage to pull this off, I see an ungodly amount of Youtube hits for them :-P

submitted by /u/SirKazum
[link] [comments]

Reason to repeat legend climb?

Posted: 27 Apr 2017 06:11 AM PDT

I got legend last month for the first time.

Now that I have the card back is there much motivation to get legend again?

Those of you who have been to legend what do you think? What is your motivation to do the climb again?

I am currently rank 5 in standard and rank 4 in Wild as I enjoy the different Wild meta/decks.

submitted by /u/codexmax
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.