Pokémon GO Daily Report #1 - Tips and Tricks from a level 20+

Pokémon GO News

T-Mobile announces Pokémon Go exempt from data usage charges for 1 year
Bellevue, Washington — July 14, 2016 — T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) today announced that, with next week’s T-Mobile Tuesday, the Un-carrier is thanking its customers with free, unlimited data for Pokémon Go—the new sensation that’s taking the world by storm. On July 19th, as part of next week’s T-Mobile Tuesdays, the Un-carrier will give customers great ways to take their Pokémon Go skillz to a whole new level, including …



Pokémon GO Community

Today I changed the way my campus interacted with Pokemon Go players - by blazingeye

I don't speak up very often, but I did yesterday. I am a university campus security officer and most of my coworkers are either anti-nerd redneck types or seasoned (old) and afraid of technology.
After a long conversation with the director about using the app as an opportunity for community policing and building relationships with our students and guests he sent a memo I wrote to everyone in the department clearly stating that players will not be asked to leave and should be welcomed. Furthermore it explained the app, where the stops were and that we should make extra sure those areas are safe.
I feel like i made a difference today that will make our community better.
Edit: Well that escalated quickly. Front page. Supervisor patted me on the back literally.
Edit 2: I've recieved requests for the memo. If you want help dealing with your campus police/public safety groups please PM me with your email address and I will do what I can. My chief has given me permission to release a redacted version of the memo.

Niantic, we need pokemon to spawn everywhere, not only in crowded cities - by abssalom

I was studying in Madrid (capital of Spain) and it was full of pokestops and pokemons spawned every 100 meters. Now Im in my town and its pretty disappointing... There are 4 pokestops and 2 gyms and thats it. From my home i cant track any pokemon i have to go to the center or to the park and even there, there arent many...
I dont really care about pokestops or gyms but the pokemon thing is annoying as hell, you cant really progress catching such a few mons a day.

How to easily take down any Gym - by zmedi

This is my last try to help... this keeps getting downvoted, so I'm guessing some higher level players don't want others to know this (or they don't like their gyms being taken)
I'll make it really brief:
Watch the yellow screen flash!!! That's it. Forget everything else; ignore the animation, just watch for the flash, swipe to dodge, then quick attack. You will take no or very little damage.
The end. It's that easy.
Other notes:
  • The first time an opponent appears, it attacks twice. So dodge twice first: flash dodge flash dodge, then attack.
  • If the server glitches/lags, you can take damage
  • You can safely get in one quick attack before the next flash - sometimes you can get two (flash dodge, attack, attack, flash dodge, attack, attack...repeat).
  • You are vulnerable after using a special attack because you can't immediately dodge - don't use them unless you need to.
  • You're up against the clock. If your 800CP is against a 1400CP, you can avoid taking damage, but you may not be able to whittle down their health in time.
  • You can cut through Pokemon within +/- 200CP of your attacker like butter (without losing health)
  • You get a lot of xp at no cost for taking down high level gyms, and it's fun! (although it does take a while)
  • It is way more fun than spamming quick attack and it'll save you a TON of revive and health potions.
  • Bonus: you can really annoy the 'super-gyms' when you take them down by yourself!
Edit: To clarify, the safest/easiest way is to only attack once after dodging. Then wait for another flash and repeat. Like this: flash - dodge - attack (one tap)..... flash - dodge - attack (one tap)..... repeat After a while, you'll figure out where you can sneak in two taps before dodging and that you can dodge right or left.
Edit2: FYI, this was removed by the mods after it hit 3700 in two hours and then was reinstated a few hours later. Enjoy.

Can we just take a moment to give a big Snorlax-sized shout out to the original Ingress players? - by dogebiscuit

They're really the people that made all of this possible. You see, they didn't have the cult following that PoGo has. Theirs was a very niche player-base. They ventured into the world with only a fraction of the fellow app players as PoGo has. They glued their eyes to their phones and sought out Portals, what we now know as PokéStops and Gyms. They were literally the pioneers that brought the data to Niantic to form the world we now explore and interact with. I never played Ingress, but I now wish I had. So, on behalf the Pokémon Go community, I say thank you!
EDIT: If you are/were an Ingress player any time in a couple years after its initial release, I [and I would assume many people here] would love to hear about your experiences! Seriously, 5+ million people around the world can now relate with the adventures you embarked upon those years ago.

[IDEA] Make Gyms provide a lure to any team member within range - by BuckeyeKMH

We all know that holding Gyms is pretty much worthless. The only point besides pride to take a gym is to get the daily bonus. I think making the Gym provide team benifits such as acting as a lured pokestop or even turning it into a temporary pokestop might give players more incentive to defend the gyms.
Anyone else have any ideas for making Gyms more competitive and worthwhile?

CATCH POKEMON EASIER! Pokemon show emotion :) - by DoYouEvenLif

Currently level 21 almost 22 and I noticed Pokemon got harder to catch for me.
But just moments ago when I noticed how hard these squirtles were to catch I noticed something, once in a blue moon when j threw pokeball a they'd throw up a happy peace sign and I ALWAYS caught them after.
I tested it with another squirtle and held the pokeball until it was done being feisty and it eventually did the same happy gesture and I caught it. Tried it with a growlithe also, it was feisty and I held it until it shook it's fur like a happy dog then immediately threw the pokeball while it was happy and I caught it.
I haven't tested it enough but as of right now it's worked 100% for the few Pokemon I used it on and there were all high cp yet caught with normal pokeballs

Niantic, I would gladly pay $1.99 or 250 PokeCoins to switch teams - by kirin1905

I am sure many of us picked a team that our friends didn't pick and now we are mismatched. I love going Poke-hunting with my friends, it just sucks we can't take down a gym together or build up a strong one cause we are different teams. I think if there was a $ cost to switching teams, it would prevent people from switching over constantly.

The fact that there is so many twitch streamers playing at home and faking their gps coordinates with so many viewers pisses me off - by Bronze5korean

Seriously, I hope niantic will be able to ban these types of people. I do not know why there is so many people watching these cheaters. The fact that they can sit home for 12 hours, hardcore grind without any physical effort, then take over gyms from anywhere in the world is completely unfair.

Yet another "Tips and Tricks" from a level 20+ - by NudePenguin69

I hit level 21 today I and I decided to share some of the things that I have found.
Pidgey is your God nowCatch all the Pidgeys and evolve them. Every 4 Pidgeys you get will allow you to complete an evolution. Evolution are worth 500 XP, or 1000XP with an active egg, so this is a great way to ramp up your level. The same applies to a lesser degree for Rattatas, but they take 25 candies to evolve so they are far less efficient. Weedles and Caterpies also apply, but we will get into them in a little bit.
Scratch that, Lucky eggs are your God nowLucky eggs double all your XP. As such, anything done while a lucky egg is not active is just exp left on the table. I know not everyone wants to spend money on the game, but if you do, use it to buy as many eggs as you can. Those who dont, save your eggs to be used at the most efficient times. Try to always have an egg active when evolving pokemon, fighting gyms, and hatching eggs. Try to also never catch a pokemon that would be new to your Pokedex without an egg active.
Kakuna and Metapod are trollsWhen evolving a caterpie or weedle, you might notice that the CP of the resulting Kakuna or Metapod only jumps 20 to 30 CP. This seems to be normal. Dont get discouraged though, as my 250 Kakuna jumped nicely to an 867 Beedrill. The CP leveling on these two just seem to be different than most Pokemon.
Stage 3 evolution are for late game. No, seriously...I know stage 3 evolution give lots of XP, as does adding a new Pokemon to your Pokedex. Here is the thing. Most stage 3 evolution require 25 candies to get to stage 2 and 100 to get to stage 3. Thats 125 candies, or 32 Pokemon captured of that type. Thats a lot. Because of the steep cost of evolving a stage 2 pokemon, the rewards for doing so before the mid to late 20s are very poor. You might spend your first 16 levels farming Polywags and you might be tempted to turn that 250 CP Polywhirl into a sweet 800 CP Polywrath, but its just not worth it. In a few levels that sick Polywrath will be useless to you. Save your candies. Going from level 19 to 20 takes 25,000 XP. From 20 to 21 takes 50,000 XP and from 21 to 22 takes 75,000 XP. You can see where this is going. The game slows down massively after level 20. As such, the candies you save early game will become much more impactful in your twenties than they ever were in your teens.
Pokeballs still got it, even at higher levelsDont undervalue Pokeballs as you start to see higher CP Pokemon. You will go through great and ultraballs quick if you throw them at anything with a dark yellow ring. Here are a few rules I use:
  1. NEVER EVER throw anything but a Pokeball at a Pidgey, Rattata, Caterpie, or Weedle! These guys are so common and so easy to catch that its just not worth it. Pokeballs work just fine here. I have caught 350+ CP Pigdeys on the first throw of a Pokeball with no berries more times than I can count. Dont take the dark yellow ring to mean a Pokeball isnt enough to catch this Pokemon. It may also take 5-6 Pokeballs to catch a high CP Pidgey. Thats okay, Pokeballs are easy to come by. On the off chance that they run and you are left thinking to yourself "Damn, that was the highest CP Pidgey I have ever seen, I should have used a greatball", try this little trick: Take a step forward, take a step forward, take a step back, take a step back, take a step left, take a step right, take a step left, take a step right, Bounce, And catch the Pidgey who is bound to have appeared in this time because they are fucking everywhere!
  2. Use great and ultra balls on rare pokemon you dont see often, and Eevees.
Speaking of Eevee, dont break eye contactEevees are very important because their evolution are probably the best Pokemon you are going to have for a while. Eevees also tend to run from battles a lot. As such, use great and ultra balls. Dont take chances. Do whatever you have to to make sure your get as many Eevees as you can.
Is it just me, or does this backpack make me look fat?Once you start hitting the Pokestops, your backpack will fill up quick. Keep these things in mind if you need to clear some space:
  1. You will never need more than 20 revives. The rate at which revives drop from Pokestops vs the rate you use them is very disproportional. Limit the amount you keep.
  2. Basic potions become next to useless after you unlock Super and Hyper potions. If you need to drop some items, go for the potions. I have completed over 200 gym battles and I havent even come close to running out of super and hyper potions.
  3. As a last resort, ditch a few Pokeballs. They are easy enough to come by.
Wana be the best, like no one ever was? Then go to the Gym and get buffGyms are an EXCELLENT source of XP. Lets break it down. Battling a lvl 5 gym gives you 550 XP. A lvl 4 gives you 450 XP, a lvl 3 350 XP, a lvl 2 250 XP, and a lvl 1 150 XP. Thus, if you take down a lvl 5 gym, you will gain 1750 XP. If you have an egg active, thats 3500 XP!. Now do that 4-5 times at all the gyms around town, thats a lot of XP.
Also, keep in mind that gym battling doesnt mean you have to capture the gym for your team. If you are not planning to activate your once a day gym reward any time soon, dont leave a Pokemon in the gym you just took. Gyms are near impossible to hold if someone wants to take them. As such, the only thing that will happen if you leave a Pokemon there is that you will have to heal that Pokemon later, and the opposing team just got extra XP from defeating your Pokemon. Save your potions and deny the enemy XP. Just leave those gyms white.
You cant win King of the Hill if you have no KingNever leave your best Pokemon in a gym. As I stated above, gyms are near impossible to hold for more than a half hour or so. As such, there is no reason to leave your best Pokemon in a gym, especially if your are en-route to capture other gyms for your daily reward. Your top Pokemon makes taking other gyms easier and he is not going to hold the other gym by himself against anyone.
Riding in cars with Eggs: A coming of age storyIf you are like me, you are lazy. If you are like me you are also looking for the most efficient ways to hatch eggs. It seems like driving would be a slam dunk for fast egg hatching, but I am sure you have noticed some inconsistencies with distance traveled. We all know about the speed cap, but I also noticed that even if I drove miles on a straight, back country at 12 MPH, I still wasn't getting distance, or at least, very little. I then noticed that when I was in town, hitting stop sign after stop sign, going one block and then turning left to go one block then turn right, ect, I was getting far more distance registered. The game seems to love stops and turns. If you are going to drive to hatch eggs, make your route through an area with lots of stops and turns. It seems to help.
You dont incubate a second rate egg in a first rate incubatorNever put a 2Km egg in a 3 use incubator. Incubate these in your infinite incubator. Your limited use incubator uses a charge when the egg hatches, whether thats a 2Km egg or a 10Km egg. Its much better to get 30Km out of an incubator than 6Km.
Pokemon GO inspired drive-bysWhen grabbing a Pokestop, you can click the X rather than click on each items and you still get all the items. As such, get proficient at quickly selecting, spinning, and Xing out of Pokestops as you drive by them for the most efficient Pokestop farming routes.
Edit: Apparently "as a passanger" wasn't clear, so if you couldnt common sense that one out, this is a suggestion for passangers, not drivers.
Well thats all I have for now, if I think of anything else, I may add it it. Hope this helps some folks!

I'm a pastor. The stories on this sub of churches are genuinely moving - by  revanon

I'm a pastor for whom the R/B/Y generation of Pokemon games was a formative experience as a kid. There weren't many pets I could have as a kid because of allergies my sister and I both had, and getting to have companion animals in my life meant either fish or Pokemon. I tried both and found Pokemon lasted longer and didn't ever have to be flushed down the toilet. I played the Game Boy games through the third generation before eventually losing interest.
When Pokemon Go came out and I saw that the church I pastor was a PokeStop, I was super excited...then I saw that every other church on our block (there's four of them) are also either PokeStops or Gyms. :) I rapidly learned that many churches now had dual identities as PokeStops, and I genuinely did not know how my colleagues--and pastors in general--would react to this change. Churches, as a general rule, act and react very, very reluctantly (unless it's to build a gigantic ark in Kentucky--we're all about that shit), and there's a certain element of "Damn kids, get off my lawn!" that I was fearful of as this game was rolled out.
I tried going though all of the posts on this sub of the ways in which churches haven't just accepted their new role as PokeStops but are actively embracing them to say how much it--and the reactions on this sub--mean to me, and, well, there's just so many of these threads that I eventually wanted to put my thanks in one place, as a pastor as well as a fellow player of this game that brings back all those childhood feels.
So, thank you. Thank you for coming to visit us. Thank you for sharing our best efforts to embrace you and your friends when you do come and visit. Thank you for giving us a chance to show you real Christian hospitality rather than the Christian hostility that gets shown by some of the most prominent Christian leaders and talking heads. Thank you for treating our places of worship with care and respect.
But most of all, thank you for celebrating the ways in which a game app has really changed peoples' lives for the better, from creating new relationships to encouraging healthier living to coming up with new ways to aid in the same sort of charity that we here in the church try to live out as a part of our faith. For myself as a pastor, that is always something to be celebrated, even if the source of that change did not come from me or from the church. Y'all are giving me hope. Thank you for that.
(Also, if All Pidgeys Go To Heaven, then the only explanation of Professor Willow's origins is that St. Peter is a fan of the game and Willow is Peter's avatar. You heard it here first.)

How to become a millionaire off Pokemon GO - by TrueTubePoops

Get rich quick using these simple steps!
  1. Bring an ice chest full of water bottles and ice-pops to your local park.
  2. Activate as many lures as possible to attract customers
  3. Sell goodies for a dollar each
  4. Use money earned to get more Lures and ice pops
I made $60 in three hours (After taking out the funds for buying more ice pops), everyone seemed pretty happy about not having to leave to get drinks though, so I guess that's good?

Pokémon GO Highlights

Gifs and Pic

Nailed it!
The chances of this happening are not High
My dad responding to a friend of a friend who apparently can't stand all the Pokemon fuss they keep seeing
He thought I wouldn't notice...
TIL we can use HTML in pokemon names
A Flying Pokemon with that exact CP? How could I resist?
The grind is over.
It was actually the highlight of my night
Holy sh*t
Around level 13+
I dare you to yell "CHARIZARD"
Free Pizza to Pokemon Trainers
I wish they would let us change our clothes. Im now a Valor wearing Instinct colours
This lickitung was really into me apparently
Just hit level 25, 100km+ walked, 1800 pokemon captured, countless eggs hatched AND IM JUST GETTING STARTED LOL
Pokémon go players
What is life
Today my mom gave me the same cake for my 24th birthday as my 10th
Everyone here thinks that their faction has the coolest gyms, but Team Mystic in Baltimore just captured this location
"Trainer, I choose you!" exclaimed Dragonite.
Just used my last poke ball right before running into this :,(
Stopped to get gas this morning while driving in to work and saw the outline of my favorite Pokemon. I was late to work
So I met a fellow Pokemon trainer on my walk home
I cleaned up that Pokémon Egg List that's been floating around.
Level 25 Rewards (MAX potion)
Hitmonlee now reigns at Bruce Lee's grave
Caught him today. Nickname seemed appropriate
I'm not positive, but I think im now Canada's Prime Minister
Guy standing next to me snagged a 674 Alakazam and I got this...
IDEA: Nintendo should release "smart phone quality" Pokédex's completely dedicated to playing Pokemon GO...
What I see when there's a huge discrepancy in a Pokemon's weight
Evolved from a Kabuto earlier
My uncles place attracts an abundance of Pokemon for no apparent reason

Videos

Pokemon GO players have stopped a child molester and caught a murderer in Fullerton, CA
Saw something pretty awesome happen last night while we were out playing [Video]
Powered by Blogger.