Kuroky leaves Na`Vi

Following rather disappointing performances throughout the year, today the Ukrainian based organization Na`Vi announced the departure of their support player Kuroky. The German leaves the organization after one and a half years. A replacement has yet to be announced.

Kuroky's statement regarding his departure:


I want to thank everyone of Na`Vi for the the time we spend together. The times together are unforgettable memories of mine, i will cherish them as long as I can. We shall see each other soon again.

ZeroGravity, Na'Vi's CEO:

I am very grateful to Kuro for the time and efforts he invested in Na'Vi. He has been demonstrating marvelous performance for over the year. Under the present circumstances our ways are parting. However, I do hope that they will meet in future and not only on the gaming arena

This leaves Kuroky teamless and Na'Vi without a support player. Rumors say that Puppey is soon to follow his long-term friend and that the two of them will be replaced by Vanskor and fng, but for now those remain rumors.

Kuroky joined Na'Vi in February of last year, replacing Ars-Art. After the change, Na'Vi still had a bit of a rough start but after travelling to China and winning the Alienware Cup, Na'Vi seemed boosted up and managed to grab 2nd place at The International 3. The following months Na'Vi remained a strong contender, but ever since the beginning of 2014, the Ukrainians seemed to have lost whatever made them strong. Eventually, Na'Vi failed to qualify for both Dreamhack Summer as well as StarLadder Season IX. The team still managed to get into the top eight of The International 4, but got elimianted by Cloud 9. Kuroky has been a major component of the team's success, building up a reputation for his Rubick and Wisp play.

Hello Dota world, today is an impactful day for me. I have spend the last 1 1/2 years on team Natus Vincere and I don't regret a single day I have spend with the guys. During that time, my life has changed tremendously;
I have pursued my dreams in the competition, and the team helped me try to achieve my goals as close as possible.
The last 6 months were rough for all of us, the team and the fans went through hard times, alot of unsatisfaction has arisen.. but that is the nature of competition, there can only be one winner.
I want to wish Natus Vincere the best of luck in the future, I am sure they will regain their spirits quickly and show their strength soon enough.
When my friends and parents received the message, they were all shocked and sad for me. I try to explain them, that I will be fine and find my ways, but they have seen the instability of the scene and worry about it, even trying to convince me to change my career and possibly quit Dota 2. After every international, we Dota 2 pros re-evaluate our situation, and I'm sure I am not the only one who thinks about retiring; the thoughts pop in your head, if it is all worth it, if you should restructure your life, all the troubles young adults have.
In my case, I am lucky, that these thoughts don't trouble me for much, thanks to you.
The feedback I have received regarding my departure and after Ti4, it was completely out of my expectations.
People from Iran, Germany, Brazil, Russia, Phillippines, China, Peru, USA, Europe, people from all over the world, sending me warm hearted messages.. thanks to you, I am never truly lost anymore;
I know what to do. I want to thank you from my heart.
In nearly a decade of experience, what I have learned while competing, a warm message can change the world for a person.
A thousand negatives lose to a single positive.
keep fighting, see you ingame

Na'Vi's current line-up:

  • Clement "Puppey" Ivanov (c)
  • Gleb "Funn1k" Lipatnikov
  • Daniil "Dendi" Ishutin
  • Alexander "XBOCT" Dashkevich

Na’Vi Dota 2 squad with Kuroky:

  • 5-6 place at The International 2014
  • 5-8 ESL One Frankfurt
  • 4 The Summit
  • 5-8 Starladder Season IX
  • 2 Dota 2 League Wester Challenge
  • 2 XMG Captain`s Draft
  • 5-8 ASUS ROG DreamLeague Season 1
  • 1 Dota 2 Champions League Season 2
  • 4 MLG T.K.O. Tournament
  • 1 StarLadder: StarSeries VIII
  • 3 RaidCall EMS One Season 3
  • 3 MLG Columbus 2013
  • 1 Techlabs Grand Finals 2013
  • 1 ASUS ROG DreamLeague Kick-Off Season
  • 1 StarLadder: StarSeries VII
  • 1 Techlabs Cup Minsk 2013 September
  • 1 WePlay Dota 2 League Season 2
  • 2 The International 3
  • 1 Raidcall Dota 2 League - Season Three
  • 1 Alienware Cup 2013
  • 5 Dreamhack Summer 2013
  • 1 The Defense 4
  • 1 Techlabs Cup Minsk 2013
  • 3 WePlay Dota 2 Tournament
  • 1 ESL Major Series One – Spring
  • 1 joinDOTA Masters XI
  • 3 Techlabs Cup Russia 2013
  • 1 Bigpoint Battle: March
 Sources : Na`Vi Gaming

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.