Shadow Fiend using a Blink Dagger to dodge Phantom Assassin's Stifling Dagger
Shadow Fiend using a Blink Dagger to dodge Phantom Assassin's Stifling Dagger

So recently I got put against a Phantom Assassin mid whilst I was playing Shadow Fiend. She poked me down with Daggers so that I was on very low health and then blinked in for the kill. How can I play against Phantom Assassin and similar heroes that can just harass you down until there is nothing left that you can do


Harass Phantom Assassin back with Shadow Fiend. If she's throwing Daggers, get a lot of regen, but try to stay in the lane.

You're ranged and she isn't, so you should be able to harass her if she tries to come up for last hits, and raze her whenever she does. If she is just sitting there throwing Daggers and not last hitting, then you're actually probably doing better than she is despite having to spend a lot on regen items.

General, once you get level 3 or 4 you should be pushing the wave so fast that she has to constantly last hit under her tower. Shadow Fiend has to bottle crow/control runes to stay up on HP. Can't say I've ever done Phantom Assassin vs Shadow Fiend but I don't think it's a favorable matchup for the Phantom Assassin based on how much magic damage an Shadow Fiend can do.

Items that help deal with harass:

  • BottleBottle
Core for any mid that has no innate regen. Some side laners can get it but they need to bottle crow.
  • Poor Man's ShieldPoor Man's Shield
This is great for any melee core, especially if you're an agility hero. The damage block is on par with Vanguard Vanguard.
  • Healing Salve
You can ferry this out to you so you can save a trip to the fountain.
  • Ring of HealthRing of Health, Morbid Mask, ChainmailChainmail, Cloak Cloak
All of these can be bought from the side shop. Don't buy them if you weren't going to get them anyway.

Phantom Assassin's Daggers shouldn't be doing that much damage early game to be honest. I'm pretty sure it does half damage on heroes. If she tries to Dagger harass then right click her. I can see her evasion being a slight problem but if she's maxing that then her Daggers aren't doing as much damage. I say that you right click the crap out of her and try to line your spells so that you can last hit while hitting pa as well. I honestly haven't played this match up myself, but that's how I would do it and I think it's defiantly worth trying.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.