True Dota 2 - Abilities with Global Audio


Abilities with Global Audio

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 02:11 PM PDT

Hey guys-

I'm wondering if there's any way to clarify which character abilities give the enemy team an audio cue, along with which can be heard from fog.

I've been looking, but the information is spread and everything I found was not recent.

Any info would be greatly appreciated bois.

submitted by /u/Space_leopard
[link] [comments]

Midas on Sniper

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 09:53 PM PDT

With the 25% cooldown reduction talent at level 10 and all the recent midas buffs, would midas on sniper ever be viable? Maybe in a slower paced game or a game where you could purchase it early? It would only take 12 minutes to pay for itself and 9 minutes to pay for the recipe with the cooldown talent.

submitted by /u/Hyp3r4ctiv3
[link] [comments]

How do you deal with cancerous push strats?

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 01:47 PM PDT

Cancerous push draft: Carry veno, mid dp, offlane tide and jakiro/shadow shaman as supports.

In this draft they have good teamfight and lockdown. The only thing I can see them lacking is sustain. I was faced with this in a battle cup. Now unfortunately, I was playing with a random SEA stack and our captain wasn't too big on communication, so it was basically a high stakes pub game against a somewhat coordinated team. Regardless of this, what are things I can do as a position one carry to counter this kind of draft that groups up at 15 min and walks down a lane. I was gyro against a tide and I was left alone as my teammates aggro tri'd. I struggled in the early levels but eventually I just bullied him out with barrage and killed him a few times. I was doing well. Now the other team noticed this and they 4 man rotated top. My team responded and there was like 3-4 min of action on that lane. I decided to take part in the action, and I scored myself kills in every engagement but also ended up dying. Our invoker was farming in the meantime so I thought it was fine. Should I have abandoned the lane and just farmed as well? In a broader sense, what are some strategies I can adopt as a pos 1 to deal with these push strats from the enemy. Split pushing doesn't seem viable because they can take racks before I take t2.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3981107966

submitted by /u/iKnowButWhy
[link] [comments]

[Theory] replacing boots with something else , also with movement speed talent.

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 01:49 AM PDT

Few heroes which I think Viable for this strat , on paper.

Bracket = Hero level.

Edit : 7.17 database , sry.

BeastM :

  • 307(1)-313(25) base ms
  • +25 ms talent
  • drum(2k18?) and necro. And probably Eul.

LC :

  • 317(1) - 324(25) base ms
  • SnY or Yasha to replace it
  • except the talent is at level 20.

CK :

  • 322(1) - 330(25) base ms
  • yasha builder
  • ms talent is at level 10(handsome option).

DR :

  • 289(1) - 297(25) base ms.
  • considering another 7 , 10 , 14 bonus ms from ult.
  • talent is at 10.
  • A yasha builder and agi spammer... Debatable.

Gyro :

  • 324(1) - 338(25) base ms
  • divine builder , extra slot is a plus.
  • Conflict with good talent.

Naga :

  • 319(1) - 334(25) base ms , *talent at level 10 is erm.. aa...

SF :

  • 313(1) - 327(25) base ms
  • conflict with great talent , yasha builder.

Exceptions(IMO)

GG build - ES , clock , ET , Tide(considersble @10 vs individualistic talent) , Abaddon , Underlord.

Itemization/conflict with good talent/awful base ms - Sven , bristleback , SK , Axe , lifestealer , Jug , BH , pango , razor , tb , zeus , NP , Ench , Ogre


Discuss , please.

submitted by /u/foronediscussion
[link] [comments]

7.18 Crystal Maiden thoughts (with Replay Commentary)

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 09:11 PM PDT

https://youtu.be/8SJT0Fxs-ko (Replay Commentary, Divine bracket, in SEA server)

Crystal Maiden is my current favorite support. She works either way as pos 4 or 5 in our pub games. I personally think she is a stronger pick than Warlock.

  • CM can smoke gank mid early game.
  • CM can jungle a bit to make herself ecocnomically abundant.
  • Descent talents at level 10 and 15.
  • Multiple ways of itemization and skill build.
submitted by /u/profHam
[link] [comments]

About how often would you say you look at the minimap?

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 08:23 PM PDT

Every 5 seconds? 10 seconds?

My map awareness is OK. But could probably use some work, just want to k ow how often you guys look at the map

submitted by /u/videogamefool11
[link] [comments]

An alternative route to getting blink on Lion

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 05:41 PM PDT

I main Lion as a greedy pos4 support. I know blink is mandatory on this hero. I'm not here to convince anyone otherwise. But I have been experimenting with an alternate route to getting blink and wanted to discuss it with you guys. I think forcestaff on Lion is garbage

What I've been doing: Tranqs->Bassillus->2xBracers->Atos->+150GPM level 15 talent-> Late game blink

Personally, I don't like forcestaff on Lion. I know its considered standard, but the hp regen is irrevelevant with tranqs, as is the extra mana from quarterstaff. It's a very expensive item to get just for the active. I know it's a good one but hear me out. You die from 2-3 rightclicks in pretty much every scenario with a forcestaff while earthspike and hex require you to get in close very, very close.

The alternative way I have been closing the gap is going Tranqs-Bassillus-Bracers/Atos. (If you can get blink after the bracers, do that instead and then finish atos after). These are legitimately cheap items aside from the Quarterstaff and 1K Recipe. But is it that much different from the 950 gold force staff recipe that also requires a 1K gold quarterstaff? The Bracers are just practical on a paperbag like lion. You aren't wasting money on a ring of regen that is redundant with tranqs. It leaves you the OPTION to go straight blink from bracers instead if you prefer.

The survivability and massive range on atos allows me to initiate with atos root and then walk in to hex or spike. Atos root range is MASSIVE. 1150 cast range. Like so massive it's inevitably going to get nerfed. I promise you. In the process I can actually take a casual rightclick or two. And if 2 people ever try to jump me I have THREE disables to survive along with the added bulk. Getting a forcestaff instead just baffles me. Force has a cast range of 750. Why not just Root from 1150 units away, walk forward a little, and then safely earthspike from a distance so your teammate can finish. You still have a flipping hex/ult if you need it.

This also allows you to go with the +90dmg talent because you dont need the added cast range when you have the 1150 from atos. The +75cast range is so small its insignificant. It's melee range small. This opens up such a different way to play Lion. If someone tries to jump you thinking you're going to melt, you can disable them 3 times and hit them with 4-5 high damage right clicks. You have hard lockdown and another way to do a ton of single target damage without even using your ult. Having an actual rightclick will help you get blink faster as will an extra kill or two.

TLDR: Force Staff on Lion is not efficient. Atos is an alternative way to gapclose/survive until you can get blink. Disables are good. Disables win games. There is no such thing as too many disables. Atos opens up so much more for Lion than "just a disable". You'll get to level 15 talent in better shape and with better networth than you would with a forcestaff. The two talents/survivability/extra kill power will get you your blink, just later in the game. You will get there with less deaths and more kills. This seems like a flat out better choice than forcestaff to me.

submitted by /u/Loro1991
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.