Civilization - [Civ of the Week] Australia


[Civ of the Week] Australia

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 08:22 AM PDT

Australia

Unique Ability

Land Down Under

  • Cities founded on coasts gain +3 Housing
  • Building pastures expands the border to adjacent land
  • Holy Sites, Campuses, Theater Squares and Commercial Hubs gain additional yields depending on appeal
    • +1 yield in tiles with Charming appeal
    • +3 yields in tiles with Breathtaking appeal

Unique Unit

Digger

  • Unit type: Melee
  • Requires: Replaceable Parts tech
  • Replaces: Infantry
  • 430 Production cost (Standard Speed)
  • 6 Gold Maintenance
  • 72 Combat Strength
    • +10 Combat Strength when fighting on Coastal tiles
    • +5 Combat Strength when fighting on neutral or foreign territory
  • 2 Movement

Unique Infrastructure

Outback Station

  • Infrastructure type: Improvement
  • Requires: Guilds civic
  • +1 Food
  • +1 Food from every adjacent Pasture
  • +1 Food from every 2 adjacent Outback Stations upon researching Steam Power tech
  • +1 Production
  • +1 Production from every 2 adjacent Outback Stations upon researching Rapid Deployment civic
  • +0.5 Housing
  • Cannot be built on Tundra or Snow tiles

Leader: John Curtin

Leader Ability

Citadel of Civilization

  • +100% Production if they have received a declaration of war in the past 10 turns
  • +100% Production if they have liberated a city in the past 20 turns

Agenda

Perpetually on Guard

  • Likes to form Defensive Pacts with friendly civilizations
  • Likes civilizations that liberate cities
  • Dislikes civilizations at war that are occupying enemy cities

Vote for the next Civ of the Week.


Check the Wiki for the other Civ of the Week Discussion Threads.

submitted by /u/Bragior
[link] [comments]

First time seeing a complete isolated civilization

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 08:23 AM PDT

Why I like Civ 6 more than I like Civ 5

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 03:00 PM PDT

I'm an avid Civ 5 player. I play two computer games exclusively...Civ V and HOTS. I've been playing Civ V since 2012 when I first discovered it after torrenting it off of thepiratebay. Since then, I've been a patron of the series and all that it has contributed to my weekend marathons.

I've read a few reviews and the general consensus seems to be that Civ VI does not yet compare equally to civ V. However, since playing Civ VI, I was pleasantly surprised by my experience and have concluded that this game is better than Civ V. I believe this for the following reasons (out of order):

  1. Religion -- religion has so much more depth in this game. Before hand it was not a victory condition, the holy war units are a great dimension (I never used inquisitors in civ V (waste of religion points)), getting a religion at higher levels like diety is less of a shit show than in Civ V.
  2. Limited builds of worker units -- I love this mechanism so much more. In Civ V you have to wait a really long time to build stuff --- especially on jungle times (it made those starts really hard to work with---i would just restart). Now you get instantaneous improvements. Moreover, whenever i'm playing wide in Civ V instead of tall --- I always end up with a 'million' workers that I inevitably don't want to manage and set to automate.
  3. Civ relationships -- I think we can all relate to moving into a stage of the game in CIV V when all the AI civs start hating you and you can't understand why. Ugh. Civ VI actually tells you why they don't like you and what you can do to improve.....in numerical terms (so fucking key). Now i can make real decisions like forward settling because I have realized that my numerical relationship with Civilization X is so high it won't matter. Beforehand in Civ 5 i had to use some dumb heuristic that said "don't forward settle unless you want to piss them off"
  4. Separation of the gold from the diplomatic game -- As part of my civ V strategy---no matter who I played-- I targeted high gold per turn so I can sustain the most city state allies --- almost to the point that it was stupid easy. I was competing with AIs that had 5000 gold in their coffers and not using it to take control of city states from me. It made the win conditions seem really fake. Now in Civ 6, though the early game it is still easy to get city state Suzerian -- it became much more balanced with the AIs making sure you don't run a monopoly on city states.
  5. Greater choice set -- if hypothetically the order of possible games in Civ V was 10^100, the order of games in Civ VI is at least 10^1000. The greater variability makes each game more unique than before. In Civ V, at some point I'm just running back the same formula to win every game no matter which Civ I am.
  6. So many World Wonders that cost a lot! -- Now its more likely that you get your world wonder -- but the opportunity cost is much higher. This is a much better design than everyone fight for the same 4 world wonders in a certain era. Now people with different strategies are more likely to say that this wonder doesn't suit me. Before, if ppl didn't build a wonder --- it either sucked or they knew they were going to be beaten to it.
  7. Scarce strategic resources -- In Civ V it was not hard to access Iron, coal, and especially alumnium. They were abundant so planning city placement for them took a secondary stance. Now they are a lot rarer. Moreover, even if you get a deposit...you get like 2 iron as opposed to 6 iron sometimes in Civ V. This adds a more realistic dimension to the game.
  8. Civics -- I'm a big fan of civics. This is an evolved version of BNW with the Order/Autocracy/Freedom. It needs constant tinkering to be optimized every 10 turns. But thats exactly what I want to be doing in Civ. I want the game to make me think harder about the optimal strategy without actually solving it. Thats the reason I get off playing this game.
  9. Happiness - We all know that playing tall is the easier way to win in Civ V. You have to wonder whore like a mofo to play wide -- and have to target shit like +2 happiness for every monument under 'Order'. Civ 6 make happiness much easier to handle so you can own a sprawling civ without ending up -20 happiness over 30 turns.

I have more reasons but I'm gonna stop because I have to sign on to play HOTS with a few friends. Would love to hear your guys' thoughts.

TLDR: my unpopular opinion that Civ VI > Civ V

submitted by /u/desipride1991
[link] [comments]

Attilia what the fuck

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 04:15 PM PDT

Hidden feature of Stables: They help your siege units gain experience faster!

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 03:43 PM PDT

While looking through the game's XML files, I noticed that Stables boost the experience gain of units with not only the light cavalry and heavy cavalry promotion classes, but siege units as well. Policy cards that boost cavalry unit production, however, do not help you train siege units faster.

This finding may be of particular interest for people who play as the Khmer and want to make stronger Domreys sooner.

Edit: This also works for the Mongolian UB due to the way it's coded, though it doesn't boost the movement speed of siege units.

submitted by /u/Zigzagzigal
[link] [comments]

What a steal! Why WOULDN'T I research it?

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 12:57 PM PDT

A bit of Tomyris art

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 11:31 AM PDT

Do you love playing Scythia? Do you enjoy striking fear into the hearts of your enemies? Do you hate flute music? If you answered 'yes,' Ateas might be just the leader for you!

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 11:39 AM PDT

Economic Victory Idea

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 10:39 AM PDT

What would you guys think if an economic victory existed in civ?

We see the current conditions basically saying "become the hegemony in this category" such as most dominant culture, religion, or sheer power by taking capitals.

What about becoming a hegemony in the economy? Such as having to have so many international and domestic trade routes, acquiring so many resources and trading them, and having a strong treasury.

What would be some other conditions that could possibly make this a real victory condition?

submitted by /u/PM_ME_YOUR_CATS_PAWS
[link] [comments]

Yeah I’m one of those

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 11:07 AM PDT

Should I get Civ VI?

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 04:39 PM PDT

Veteran Player of Civ V and its the only Civ game i've played, Civ VI looks good but not sure on it. Can someone tell me how they compare?

submitted by /u/ThePonyMafia
[link] [comments]

What’s the best duration for Civ V?

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 06:31 PM PDT

I've played well over 250 hours and I've played almost every game on Quick. A long time ago I tried standard and it felt too long. Are there any specific advantages to a longer game? Should I start playing Standard speed?

submitted by /u/TheGreatCornhol10
[link] [comments]

Welcome to Land Fish National Park

Posted: 29 Jun 2018 10:51 PM PDT

Can the game be modded to allow districts to be built on luxury resources?

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 05:24 PM PDT

I often edit the ini files in one of Firaxis' other games (XCOM 2), so I'm wondering if I can do likewise in Civ6 to enable me to build on luxury resources. I know there's a mod that allows this, but it hasn't been updated for R&F. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/goboking
[link] [comments]

Still learning to be the bad guy, who should I attack first?

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 08:26 PM PDT

[Civ VI] Please recommend a mod that sorts/orders city yields (Desperate)

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 08:18 PM PDT

Currently I am playing a Huge map marathon speed game running an empire with 20-30 cities.

I like to compare city yields to decide which city specilizations and to make building decision. The current UI however is horrible and doesn't sort by value so you can't even see an ordered list of which city has the best yields etc. This is particularly bad in marathon speed since it takes so long to build anything that I forget plans I made 40 turns ago.

Is there any mode that will help? Scrolling through 30-40 cities is a huge time waster.

submitted by /u/Arcturion
[link] [comments]

Gateway Arch wonder idea

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 02:12 PM PDT

So I was sitting at an Olive Garden in St Louis, and had a WONDERful idea! (See what I did there)

Built in 1968, the gateway arch was a reminder of the great westward expansion in the early days of America. It serves as a monument to the west, a guidance to and from a home that was soon to be discovered.

What if there was a Gateway Arch wonder that you could build during the industrial or modern era of Civilization VI?

It would require to be built on a plains tile with an adjacent river, and maybe an amount of tiles away from your capital.

It could give off 1-2 gold per turn, and provide all reconnaissance units trained in your civilization with an extra movement point or two.

This idea could really help with Rise and Fall, to get some exploration bonuses from Era Score. It may even help with circumnavigation and the rewards from it.

So, I ask what the community thinks. What are your thoughts on an arch wonder in Sid Meier's Civilization VI?

submitted by /u/SpeedySwimmerREDDIT
[link] [comments]

Prospective Buyer: Should Redshell Be A Concern?

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 01:38 PM PDT

Probably seems like a dumb question to most of you.

I'm not a gamer. I played Civ way, way back in the day. I loved it. I've heard Civ6 was fun. I was going to pick it up for nostalgia and some entertainment but I see the reviews on Steam are unbelievably negative all due to this "Redshell spyware" issue. Interestingly, none of the other games with Redshell seem to be earning anywhere near the negative reviews Civ6 is - it's at the point where there's a "review warning dialogue" on the Civ6 purchasing page. Total War: Warhammer, for example, does not - even though it too contains Redshell (although I believe the devs have said they'd remove it "in the future."

Now, I don't know much about computers. I'm sure every time I click on a website some data is being collected - but reviews and articles online make this Redshell thing out to be the worst thing ever. I'm struggling to find a non-biased source of info.

I figured I'd ask you, the people playing, what you think of it - how it's affected your decision to play (did you uninstall), or if it means nothing to you.

Thanks all!

submitted by /u/StumpedByPlant
[link] [comments]

I like Civ 6, but having difficulty finishing games. Mostly because building tall is discouraged. Anyone got any tips? Am I wrong?

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 06:42 PM PDT

Civ VI Bug - Only Randoming Montezuma

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 06:14 PM PDT

I understand that it is possible to random into the same civ a few times in a row, but I just tried 10 random games in a row, each time getting Monte and the exact same map. How do I get this to stop?

submitted by /u/BlueBeanstalk
[link] [comments]

How does the AI build up armies so fast?

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 02:54 AM PDT

I just purchased Civ6 this past week and have been through the tutorial to see whats new.

I recently started my first actual game, and I could barely keep up with the AI's massive army production.

I played a lot of Civ5 and I tend to build tall. I saw another post where someone was having similar problems adapting from Civ5 to Civ6. I feel like the only way I could even conceivably keep up is if I built almost nothing but army units. How do you get anything else built if you are constantly building combat units?

What should my early game look like? What should I focus on? How do I build anything besides army units?

Any general tips would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/supershade
[link] [comments]

[CIV VI] Policies bug

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 04:41 AM PDT

Just bought Civ VI deluxe edition

Posted: 30 Jun 2018 04:27 PM PDT

What are the must-have mods? Also interested in mods wich gives new leaders, Any recommendations?

submitted by /u/StrikingFox
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.