Civilization - First Civ VI Victory :)


First Civ VI Victory :)

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 11:32 AM PST

(Don't upvote) Can anyone please explain why I cannot place a National Park?

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 12:13 PM PST

Oh Gigla, you never learn NOT to suprise spam me with warcarts in early game. How’s that loyalty working out for you?

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 09:50 AM PST

Uncontested Island, No More

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 10:51 AM PST

Holy Mount Everest! That is an epic location for a tribal village!

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 02:48 PM PST

[Civ VI] I have a hard time knowing how to develop a city

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 08:05 AM PST

Hi,

I mainly play on Emperor and King on standard speed. I have a hard time developing cities, knowing what to improve and when. Typically I just spam production - mines, lumbermills, etc - and rarely ever build farms outside of the early game. As a result my cities tend to be pretty small (capital pushing 17-18 by the end of the game, most cities ~12) around turn 350-400. Is this normal? I feel like I am not accounting for enough growth. Is there a 'sweet spot' for city growth? Is there a tutorial anyone would recommend on this?

submitted by /u/VulcansGM
[link] [comments]

Ironically, in the Europe map it's not the Netherlands that have the best Polder spots but Denmark.

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 03:30 PM PST

My favourite part about this game is that the AI won't give you a painting in exchange for your entire empire, but they think it's completely reasonable to try and buy several paintings with a wale and some pocket change.

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 05:02 PM PST

The Villain of Busan Hideout

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 01:41 PM PST

PSA: Joining an emergency ends a war with an enemy

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 12:22 PM PST

Explanation: I was playing as Chandragupta and was very close to taking Mapuche capital after a long and greuling hex-by-hex battle, when my neighbor, Brazil takes Armagh.

I had troops near Armagh so I decided to join the Emergency to return it, for the free gold.

I didn't realized the Mapuche joined the emergency too so I INSTANTLY was at peace with them until the emergency was over. It allowed the capital and all the Mapuche troops to heal and rebuild walls.

submitted by /u/Atomic645
[link] [comments]

TIL You can build your unique improvement in a city state and it will stay there even if it's at war with you

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 06:59 PM PST

My writing handbook shows an APA formatted reference for Civ 5 on the Xbox 360

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 12:04 AM PST

A different kind of Civ proposal

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 04:00 AM PST

My boyfriend [34m] and I [28f] met in grad school two years ago and we're going through the motions of talking about settling down and marriage.

When we started going out, it was such a pleasant surprise to learn that the both of us play Civ rabidly in our individual, single lives. It would have been hard to pry me away from Civ to go on dates with him.

And because of our love for world domination, Civ took up a large chunk of our dates. What better than destroying civilisations together, and then each other? Heh. Later when we had to go long distance, Civ also played a big role in our "shared time".

I suspect he might propose soon because we have plans to close the distance next year. We will see each other for the first time in awhile in three weeks. I'm wondering if I can do something special for him if he does indeed pop the question. It'll be like a - I've something special for you too, plus an engagement token.

Maybe something along the lines of trading diamonds or playing as Maria Theresa for all the diplomatic marriages...? But Maria Theresa wouldn't work because it will have to be on Civ 6 since that's the version we play now. Perhaps a custom map?

So, I'm reaching out to you, my /r/civ brethren and sistren. Do you have ideas on how I can include Civ in this little surprise for him?

submitted by /u/suesskanal
[link] [comments]

Going for the Science Victory At NASA Mars Landing Control

Posted: 23 Feb 2018 06:19 PM PST

I heard you guys liked Kampungs

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 09:11 AM PST

tfw you take on a ton of warmonger penalties to liberate a city state from the Khmer... only to have one of your allied city states conquer and raze it

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 01:25 PM PST

What a goddamn fiasco. Ten marathon turns into the war, I get declared on by two civs (Spain and India) for being a warmonger (they have yet to reach me), and 2 turns after that, I get declared on by Mongolia and Rome (they also have yet to reach me).

I don't know when I discovered I lost Auckland (and its fantastic 6-envoy bonus), but it really was/is a "what the hell am I fighting for now" situation.

Thing is, Auckland is all the way through Khmer, so I couldn't reach it even if I wanted to. I would've had to start the war all over again, and send my troops over the top of the continent to beach on the other side.

For city spamming, and conquering two city-states, Khmer will pay.

Persia will be next.

Edit: I now have 12 cities

submitted by /u/AngeloMaggio
[link] [comments]

Loyalty flipping 5 Sumerian Cities at once

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 04:03 PM PST

Norway's Stave Church + God of the Sea + Auckland + Fisheries = some very viable coastal cities

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 01:33 PM PST

At long last, Sengoku Monogatari (the Civ 6 sequel to Rising Sun) is off the ground! Here's my first civ - Satsuma under Saigo Takamori.

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 02:32 PM PST

My island is a mermaid.

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 03:30 PM PST

Never played a Civ game before, should I start with 5 or 6?

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 10:17 AM PST

I was just going to go and buy 6, but the heavily mixed reviews kind of deterred me.. I saw Civ 5 had tons of good reviews, so now I'm not sure if I should buy the latest one or the older one?

Edit: Thanks for all the replies! I think, based off the majority vote, I'm going to start with Civ VI. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to give such detailed responses, I really appreciate it :D

submitted by /u/magicmanbill
[link] [comments]

Game crash on last turn

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 05:03 PM PST

Hello /r/civ I just recently started playing rise and fall. I've been playing on a domination victory only play through (didnt go well to be honest) and just got to turn 500, the last turn (which I normally turn off for a domination play through). the AIs go through their turns and then the game crashes at the start of turn 501. Has anyone else experienced this, is this a known issue and are there any fixes for it?

Edit for clarity: I turned off all win conditions except domination, however I dont remember turning off the turn limit. Im wondering if this caused the issue.

submitted by /u/theDeuce
[link] [comments]

2 improvements that I would like to see

Posted: 24 Feb 2018 04:52 PM PST

  1. Repeat last order in city until canceled. So I can put some cities on projects or unit production and don't have to give orders every x turns. Even on a tiny map I have about 30 cities after capturing enemy cities and everyturn I spend most of the time doing repetitive stuff.

  2. Sort cities by production/science etc.

submitted by /u/Finglor
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.