Fallout - New gameplay video for Fallout 4: New Vegas mod.


New gameplay video for Fallout 4: New Vegas mod.

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 02:00 AM PST

Every 3-4 years I go back playing Fallout New Vegas and everytime I love it.

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 07:57 AM PST

I honestly think for me Fallout New Vegas is the best fallout game. And it isn't even at its full potential. I mean the decisions you make in the game are real and worth something but it's overall the direction of the game that I like. Certainly I enjoyed fallout 4 a lot and fallout 3 but this one has the edge.

submitted by /u/TitusVI
[link] [comments]

If repair should return, it should combine the Fo3/NV system with Fo4s scrap maintenance.

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 12:01 AM PST

To be quick to the point: * the limit to which you can repair your gear with scrap, is determined by your repair skill. * combining copies repairs condition like New Vegas, with no limit based on your repair skill.

It puts together the ease of scrap repair and makes carrying copies not as important, saving you the inventory management if you choose.

For the immersion types out there, it makes more sense too. You can't just simply take parts of a desk fan and stick them a laser gun. It'd take some skill to jury rig these parts into it, that skill is reflected in your repair ability. If instead swapping out parts from a better laser gun, it'd go above your ability to jury rig with scrap

submitted by /u/Muinne
[link] [comments]

It occurs to me that Fallout 4 is the first Fallout game without tribals since the first (arguably).

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 01:58 AM PST

Tribals featured heavily in Fallout 2, New Vegas, and even Fallout 3 and Tactics. In the original Fallout, it depends on whether or not you count the Khans or the cut Vipers and Jackals.

Am I the only one who actually likes them and think the tribal cultures add to the narrative? I like the contrast between old and new, and between the chaos of fighting to keep the last vestiges of pre-war civilization alive, and the harmony of accepting its loss and adapting to the new world.

Wonder what it is about Boston that kept any settlements from going wild the way they did in other regions.

EDIT: Look, if it's not clear what I mean by tribal, I'm referring to groups that primarily live off the land in contrast with groups more reliant on salvage, and that have a less materialistic and more spiritual worldview than the average. That's my definition of "tribal" in Fallout. If you have a definition that allows Diamond City, the BOS, or the Minutemen to be counted as tribal, good for you. But you're not being clever by ignoring what I'm saying in favor of semantics. It's like if I say I need gas for my car, and you just tell me, "The air you're breathing is gas!"

Before you judge me as culturally ignorant, you should know that may degree is in socio-cultural anthropology. That's part of why the treatment of tribal cultures in the earlier installments fascinates me.

I am decrying the loss of something that has been a Fallout staple for some time, and it's perfectly clear to which Fallout staple I am referring to. If Bethesda suddenly removed Super Mutants from their next game, and someone made a thread about it, would you post saying, "Actually, the average human wastelander is mutated"?

submitted by /u/Impacatus
[link] [comments]

Which city in the Fallout universe would you enjoy living in most?

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 05:24 AM PST

Just curious.

It's been a long time since I played F:NV, and I haven't had the fortune of being able to play the other games yet, so here is my current list based on FO3:

Fallout 3

  • Realistically, Tenpenny Tower would be ideal. Well-guarded, luxurious, enough supplies to go around. The locals are elitist snobs, though, so I don't know how long I'd last living with them.

  • Megaton feels super home-y and apart from the giant nuclear bomb in the center, there aren't many dangers around. Yeah, there's only one sheriff, one guard and one protectron, but when trouble comes a-knockin', every resident in Megaton is ready to protect it with their lives. What a sweet community!

  • Rivet City. Pretty ideal as well, actually - well-guarded and quite a bit of space. Dunno how I'd feel living on a boat with little sunlight. Sure you could step out, but still - I'd feel a bit claustrophobic in Rivet City.

What are your ideal cities?

submitted by /u/morrowindnostalgia
[link] [comments]

Wtf are centaurs in fallout 3 and new vegas

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 12:44 PM PST

So what are these mutants, they look like humans but also squid like and don't show up in fallout 4.

submitted by /u/IceCreamLover2017
[link] [comments]

The moment when I fell in love with Fallout 4

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 11:28 PM PST

25 hours in, my first character was your typical borderline raider/scavver, rambling about a lost son no one really cared about, He had no purpose besides benefiting himself through cap extortion and murdering. Now fast forward to Fort Hagen. Vengeful after the death of Nora, my character brutally butchered Kelogg to pieces with his hook. After boarding the Prydwyn, this is where he found his purpose. No longer was he a wastelander with no destiny. Now he was a knight, purging the commonwealth in the name of the Brotherhood. The first mission by the eElder with Fort Strong was by far super badass and exciting. After mowing down a behemoth, the two comrades dropped in, guns blazing, and cleared the whole fort.

Seriously tho the whole shooting super mutants with the God damn minigun on the vertibird was awesome. The huge density of mutants in the fort also made it actually feel like a real fight

submitted by /u/Bicepticlops
[link] [comments]

Seeing as there are about five Fallout overhaul mods in development currently, which, if any, would you say are likely to be completed in the near future?

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 11:06 AM PST

Fallout 4: Frost, probably the least ambitious of these projects, has already been released in alpha. But what about the other ones:

  • Frontier for New Vegas
  • Fallout: New California for New Vegas
  • Fallout: Miami for 4
  • Fallout 4: The Capital Wasteland
  • Fallout 4: New Vegas
  • Fallout: Cascadia for 4

Any and all thoughts on these mods and their likelihood of release/approximate release date are great, I just kind of what a generally informative thread about these overhaul mods because my interest has been piqued by the new New Vegas teaser, and I'm sure we won't have another official Fallout game for a few years more.

Also, if I've missed any, please let me know and I'll add them to the list, but know that when I say "overhaul" I mean an entirely new story/game built on the same engine, not "overhaul" as in bug fixes and messing with the core engine.

submitted by /u/TechnicLePanther
[link] [comments]

Fallout 4 guided tour

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 02:03 PM PST

After hundreds of hours in both vanilla and modded, I'm always impressed to come across a YouTube video or discussion thread talking about lore I had never known about. I have a buddy who is just about to dive in FO4 with all the DLCS. He is entirely new to the FO universe and a lifelong gamer like myself. I've been extolling the virtues of FO series as it's my all-time favorite gaming universe, dating back to FO1. His favorites are the Mass Effect and Skyrim universe.

If you guys were to give a guided tour of Fallout 4, what quest lines would give him the best representation of the lore and universe? He would definitely love coming across terminals with tons of lore as he's the kind of person who read every single book he found in Skyrim (and make notes...). He doesn't have any of the previous FOs to compare to and he knows that NV is the around favourite. I wanted him to play FO4 first as he's very much a graphics guy like me. But I want to offer him enough meat to bite onto so he'll move onto NV afterwards. Maybe by the time he's done, FO4NV will be ready. The only issue is he's old like me (40s) so game time is at a premium. I'd love for him to come across something neat and lore-meaty frequently so he gets sucked in quick :)

Thanks

submitted by /u/civgarth
[link] [comments]

Help With Nuka World (Possible Spoilers)

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 03:13 PM PST

I have heard if you side with the raiders Preston and all the minutemen want to kill you. I don't want to lose the minutemen but I wouldn't mind becoming a raider.

What are the advantages you get of becoming a raider??

submitted by /u/supremebrady
[link] [comments]

Where would you like to see Fallout go next?

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 02:53 PM PST

Personally, I'd love to see them do Texas.

submitted by /u/yalleverplayssx
[link] [comments]

Pre-War Army questions/Question about thoughts on a common character build

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 10:42 AM PST

So, like many of you, I like to roleplay my characters. I'll be starting a male fallout 4 character soon that basically plays like I have in the past, with him being a disgruntled vet having trouble adjusting to civilian life.

Doesn't like his neighbors, they always call him a hero, even though he did and saw terrible things during his tour. Spends his time drinking away his guilt and pain in the Concord Speakeasy, and is upset that the people around him are living in their perfect little world.

Then, the bombs fall and his young family take refuge in Vault 111. His son is stolen and his wife is killed right in front of him. He awakens, and steps outside to see the devastation he had fought hard to prevent. He feels betrayed by his country for letting his family be submitted to the Vault-Tec experiment, and decides he needs to find his son as soon as possible.

Loots his town for supplies(including a neighbor's underground bomb shelter/root cellar), stockpiling weapons, clothes, water, and other useful materials. meets up with his old Mr. Handy and comes to terms with the destruction of life as he knew it. He meets the Abernathy's, learns people use bottle caps for money, hears of a place called Diamond City, and even decides he'll go retrieve their daughter's locket. From there, he starts looting further and further outside Sanctuary until he runs into a small group called the Minutemen, jumps in to help them, fights off more mutated horrors of the wasteland, and hears again about Diamond city.

He'll deal with his alcoholism in this new world, along with finding himself turning to the chem Psycho to get him through the terrible world he finds himself in(physically as well as mentally), as the Army was exposed heavily to Psycho.

Other than that, the choices he makes and his base attributes and experience will be based on myself, as who doesn't like to make a character of themself and toss themselves into a game?(No? Just me?)

This is where I come to questions for you guys. As he was trained by the US Army, I was wondering what weapons he might have been trained with. I know that Power Armor, Laser Rifles, and Rippers were used by the Army Pre-War. I was wondering what other weapons he will most likely be drawn to because of his service.

I know a lot of people probably play their character this way, as it is the way the game basically expects you to. But as with all my Fallout 4 and New Vegas Characters, no matter the build or background I give them, I write out detailed diary entries for them from their perspective, and was wondering if anyone would be interested in me posting those here.

So when it comes down to it, what weapons did the American Army use Pre-War, and would you be interested in detailed journal entries from the perspective of this character

submitted by /u/PM_ASS_PICS
[link] [comments]

They should change up locks in the next Fallout

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 01:04 PM PST

I can't be the only one who wonders why every lock you pick looks the same. I thought it would be cool to have different lock designs depending on the door. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/BambutuOMalley
[link] [comments]

Can't mantain more than a single character at fallout 4

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 12:50 PM PST

If I create a new character, with the time it replaces the olders. I can't understand, because I never had this problem with skyrim:se. I'm playing at ps4.

submitted by /u/Jack_07
[link] [comments]

Is there somewhere I can download all holotapes and notes irl?

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 02:59 PM PST

Does anyone else feel that there is a certain point where the game stops being fun?[FONV]

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 02:56 PM PST

Since I started playing this game I fell in love, I've played a lot. But there's something I've noticed in all my characters: there's a certain point where the game stops being fun. This varies every time, but it always happen . That is why I never got to lvl 50. I suspect this feeling comes when you become super powerful , because no matter your build you will probably be a demigod even before lvl 35, and from then on your actions seems empty, nothing else makes sense, even role-playing stop being cool. This game is huge, but I think you can get in a high lvl too fast even with Skilled, so everything is very easy even on Very Hard, I'm even considering starting a Hardcore Playtrough to have a different experience.

submitted by /u/Dyegooou
[link] [comments]

The Shape of Water vs Fallout Aesthetic?

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 01:53 PM PST

Went to see The Shape of Water this weekend and was floored by the aesthetic, color palette, and many other elements in their relation to Fallout especially considering the era and demonstrated technologies. Has anyone else found this or other movies similar to or possibly influenced by Fallout?

submitted by /u/selicos
[link] [comments]

About to go off the grid for a while. What are some absolutely game changing mods for FO4?

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 11:27 AM PST

Due to my job I will be off the grid for a long while and I've had the itch to replay FO4 lately. What are some really good mods that I can install that breathe new life into the game or simply make it totally better and are must haves?

submitted by /u/TheDreamerofWorlds
[link] [comments]

What do you guys want to see in the next Fallout game to make it more dynamic?

Posted: 01 Jan 2018 11:06 PM PST

Im not talking about like what weapons or what enemies they should add or bring back. Im talking about game mechanics, maybe make chem addictions more severe. What I was thinking of is maybe like if you kill caravans in the game, vendors that had connections to those caravans will sell things at higher prices because there is less stock.

Also, I would like to see is the old leveling up system of skills and perks with a level cap instead of Fallout 4 where it doesnt matter where you start, you play enough and you have almost every perk and are god mode, like my level 97 character.

submitted by /u/The_Dude_1945
[link] [comments]

Is their an increased spawn mod for Fallout New Vegas?

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 04:00 PM PST

I know Fallout 4 has the endless warfare mod and is their something like that for New Vegas that I can customize like endless warfare. I know New Vegas has NPCs travel but what about other mods?

submitted by /u/rico462
[link] [comments]

Any good let’s plays from people who have never played fallout before?

Posted: 02 Jan 2018 06:47 AM PST

I watched Northernlions Fallout: New Vegas let's play and that was pretty infuriating tbh but his humor made up for skipping 75% of the game.

Anyways just wanting to watch other people's first experiences with the fallout series. Can be 3, NV, or 4. Doesn't matter. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Aesho
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.