RimWorld Typical Tuesday Suggestion Thread -- December 12, 2017


Typical Tuesday Suggestion Thread -- December 12, 2017

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 12:12 AM PST

Please use this thread as a week-to-week suggestions box for Tynan, the /r/RimWorld mods, and game modders. Post whatever you feel would improve your RimWorld experience, but keep it civil! Before you post, please take a glance at the release notes and see if what you're suggesting has already been implemented. I am a bot, so I can't make jokes. If you'd like a Typical Tuesday joke, or if there are any problems with this post, please message the moderators of the subreddit.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Prisoners of Rimworld #15

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 05:25 AM PST

My medicine factory was well received. Here's my automated cow farm.

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 11:09 PM PST

I'm torn. On one hand, this is the most beautiful and expensive art I've ever seen made. On the other hand, well...

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 12:23 PM PST

Looks like poor Emmie has outlived her usefulness...

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 03:38 PM PST

telling people about rimworld

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 01:48 AM PST

Cryptopod Conundrum (Ms-Paint Rimworld Season 3 : Episode 1)

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 10:38 AM PST

"Not a cleaner"

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 11:21 AM PST

If I told my mom I'm "not a cleaner"... I'm pretty sure I'd be executed.

submitted by /u/willbo360
[link] [comments]

Thanks to all the posters and commentators

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 11:43 AM PST

I'm not very good at rimworld and sometimes I lose heart.

I get down and don't feel like playing.

And then I come here, read the posts and comments and 30 mins later I am back in the game, renewed with enthusiasm and new ideas. Fighting in new ways, just happy and feeling fine.

So thanks guys, your enthusiasm and ideas help me enjoy the game EVERY DAY.

And I'm sure its true for a lot of other people too.

Does anyone else get the mood boost from the sub?

submitted by /u/TheShyPig
[link] [comments]

Uh, guys?

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 05:30 PM PST

Selling Meals worth it?

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 09:56 PM PST

In my latest game I've found myself with a ton of extra food. With a market value of 18 for only 5 work each, simple meals seem quite profitable. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/genluck
[link] [comments]

Suggestion: Banished colonists should have a chance to appear in later raids.

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 09:45 AM PST

E.x: You banish the pyromaniac but he wants revenge so he joins the local Pirate base (Or negative relation Outlander/tribe) to get revenge. The raid notification could be like the one with a colonist relationship, looking like:

Raid (former colonist)

Considering the game is focusing on storytelling this would be a nice small addition.

submitted by /u/ExtraShard
[link] [comments]

New Player - needs help

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 06:55 PM PST

Hey everyone, I'm super new to the game and need some help.

I've started around 5 colonies, and with each one, everyone seems to have died within a few days. i feel like it is because i am not prioritizing correctly. Often they either starve to death or die of an infection. i don't know if i am not starting with the right characters, in the right place, or if my build order is incorrect.

i really feel like i could enjoy this game a lot, but am discouraged by the difficulty.

Do any of you have tips for beginners, links to helpful sites/videos, or advice on a way to start a solid community that won't just die after a few days?

Thanks in advance. I've spent a lot of time on this sub and it seems like a great community.

submitted by /u/EMWmoto
[link] [comments]

The story of a maddened tortoise taking on four centipedes and surviving.

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 06:06 PM PST

Well, you're going to make friends...

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 11:50 AM PST

[Colony Showcase] 1000 Days of Cannibalistic Fun!

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 06:35 AM PST

I'm glad the carpet is red

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 08:18 AM PST

the ground penetrating scanner is pretty good

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 05:26 PM PST

Just a little edge case...

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 02:52 PM PST

Do people actually send caravans?

Posted: 12 Dec 2017 02:32 AM PST

I'm a Rimworld junkie currently running a prosperous B18 colony. I have 14 pawns and tons of resources, and I am near a road.

However, I never send caravans or really use the world map at all. Maybe it's just me, but I find the effort it takes to make several metric assloads of pemmican/survival meals and send a bunch of pawns out into a world of dubious rewards and constant danger is not that worth it.

The last time I sent out a caravan was in an A17 world. They were well equipped and went a trip to mine some jade I had detected. Everything was fine until they were ambushed by a pack of manhunting squirrels. 5 pawns with power armor and advanced weaponry lost to a horde of 25-35 squirrels. I had to send drop pods with reinforcements to save them, leaving my home base extremely vulnerable. All that for some lousy jade.

I get raided regularly by 6+ mechanoids and raiders in power armor, so it's hard to justify sending pawns with decent fighting skills off into the world. I don't want to send just 2 pawns since anything could wreck them, but I also don't want to send 5+ pawns because then supplying them is arduous and my base is vulnerable. Maybe raids scale depending on the number of pawns just in the tile being raided? Idk.

I feel like this mechanic has a lot of potential, but I've been burned the only 2-3 times I've experimented with it. Does anyone have any insight on this, or does it seem too risky for everyone else as well?

submitted by /u/fitzomania
[link] [comments]

Something genuinely kind of touching happened while I was playing

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 02:52 PM PST

My current colony is doing pretty good for itself--10 colonists, a decent-sized base, and a ton of elephants and muffalos. One of the pawns is a guy named Doc (no idea why he's called Doc, by the way, because he has mediocre medical skills and no passion for medicine). Doc kind of sucks at everything, but he's really passionate for social and sort of passionate for handling. His job title is "counselor". He's our colony's best negotiator and warden, and he's the only guy I send to trade with caravans.

One day, he decided he was going to hold a memorial for some guy named Rhino (this is from the Psychology mod), who was some random raider buried in an unmarked grave in our graveyard. I don't know how he knew Rhino. I guess Rhino must have been a prisoner or something at some point.

The time for the memorial rolls around, and Doc heads over to Rhino's grave. It's pouring down rain, dark, and Doc isn't feeling too happy. He stands by the grave. Memorials are meant for multiple pawns to attend, but nobody else knew Rhino, so Doc was on his own. He just stood there alone for a few hours, until the memorial ended and he went to bed.

It was kind of heartwarming. Don't know if it makes up for him marrying a prisoner with terrible stats who I was going to send off, but still kind of heartwarming.

submitted by /u/Cornylemon
[link] [comments]

What kind of tile are you most likely to to find mineable Plasteel?

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 01:38 PM PST

Because the map I started on? It's awesome and all, but there is zero Plasteel, and it's freaking harshing my crafting mellow.

submitted by /u/Lionheart1224
[link] [comments]

What would your own Rimworld stats and traits be and why?

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 08:36 AM PST

Edit: I've decided that (in 24 hours) the 3 most upvoted will be my next colony

submitted by /u/Bram06
[link] [comments]

[Colony Showcase] Banthos: a work in progress

Posted: 11 Dec 2017 05:26 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.