Destiny - Daily Questions [2017-11-13]


Daily Questions [2017-11-13]

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 05:00 AM PST

Welcome to the Daily Questions thread! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

Be sure to read the New Players Guide, the Destiny FAQ, or use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also be sure to check the thread itself.

Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


Rules


  • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

  • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
[link] [comments]

Using the A Single Clap sniper rifle at Calus is detrimental to your team

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 09:58 AM PST

Calus goes clap clap, and you only have a single clap, so he outclaps you. Bad way to go.

submitted by /u/Oscar_7
[link] [comments]

I'd like to personally thank Bungie for exposing my IP to malicious attacks

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 09:36 PM PST

Great P2P system, had a great time playing 6 trials matches and getting an instant loss for getting DOS'd out of my game by these lovely individuals. I'd be completely livid if it wasn't for the fact my buddies still managed to still 2v4 them for their final flawless win because that's how completely worthless these DDOS'ers are at this game.

 

I looked at the DDOS'ers history on destinytracker and found this little gem. Again, 2v4'd against a team they tried to do the same thing to. I'd love to play some more to get my flawless but frankly exposing my IP like that and potentially getting my internet knocked out for unknown periods of time doesn't quite sit right with me. Bonus points for the fact you can't rejoin your team when you get DC'd. Truly a fantastic and innovative "uniquely complicated" network system you have here Bungie. We need DEDICATED servers for PvP.

submitted by /u/CreamStrudel
[link] [comments]

Please Bring Back Raid/Activity Specific Ship Rewards

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 05:03 AM PST

I can understand that we have ships that are rewarded from Bright Engrams, but collecting ships from raids was also fun. I believe it is better than emblems as show off items go.

P.S I want my Agonarch Karve back.

submitted by /u/ozberk
[link] [comments]

I Challenge Bungie to Make a Raid Without any Sort of Plate Mechanic.

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 09:07 AM PST

Anyone else notice how there are more and more plate-like mechanics with every new raid? (WotM broke this trend, but still.) It was a cool idea at first but I think it's totally overstayed its welcome. This is a mobility based shooter, where being able to kill aliens while staying on the move is a huge part of the PvE learning curve, and raids ultimately should test your ability to do just that. Because of this, using these plates as a template for raid design is a terrible decision in my opinion. Standing around on plates is trivial, boring, and leaves little to the mind for making new strategies. My biggest gripe with The Leviathan is that there are simply too many plates, thus it's very repetitive, and I want Bungie to show there are other mechanics that can be put into a raid with this upcoming expansion.

submitted by /u/Rezetti
[link] [comments]

To make Research Tokens actually useful, Ikora should sell different kinds of "iconic" armors every few weeks. Examples: Shaxx's, ikoras, cayde, zavala, etc.

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 06:43 AM PST

Maybe even include classic armor options from the first game. Just a little thought I had.

submitted by /u/ifuckwithpizzacrust
[link] [comments]

If you see a Hunter use Void Shot, wait until the enemies are actually tethered before killing them.

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 03:13 AM PST

If the enemies are tethered, then the Hunter will poop orbs. Kill the enemies before they are tethered? No orb poop.

If the Hunter has ORPHEUS RIG Leg Armor equipped, he will get his super energy recharged for each enemy he manages to tether. That means more SUPERS for the Hunter... which leads to more orbs being pooped... which leads to MORE SUPERS FOR YOU. It's like the Hunter has orb diarrhea.

I just finished the Pyramidion strike and was only able to create 22 orbs. My fireteam kept killing enemies before they were tethered so I had to keep waiting for my super.

TL;DR - Let the Hunter tether enemies so he can poop more orbs for you.

EDIT: Thank you for the kind correction. I know it's not called void shot. It's actually called the purple arrow thingyz... or as the kids are calling it, SHADOWSHOT.

submitted by /u/DannySaiz
[link] [comments]

See A Public Event Across The Zone? Don't Feel Like Walking? I Have A Solution For You!

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 03:43 AM PST

Handmade Destiny FWC Skirt

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 10:37 AM PST

Happy Monday everyone! I wanted to share the skirt I made on Twitch to celebrate the faction rallies.

Skirt was handmade by : Nerd and Needle

FWCskirt1 FWCskirt2

submitted by /u/NerdandNeedle
[link] [comments]

An interesting read on PR Strategy from /r/StarWarsBattlefront

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 03:22 AM PST

Full article here

The linked post gives what I feel to be quite an interesting insight as to how video games companies can get players to swallow micro-transactions and how companies go about controlling PR narrative. Now this isn't entirely linked to Destiny however with Eververse having a larger presence in Destiny 2 than in Destiny 1 due to many cosmetic options being available exclusively through Eververse and a general discontent on this sub regarding the longevity of the game I feel the timing is right for this topic.

The linked articled can be summarized through this quote: "That said, they understand that they have a clusterfuck on their hands, so since they are not interested in fixing it, they are going to use a technique referred to as "making the outrage outdated." This is a very common strategy used for scandals that are linked directly to financials - they will fuck you a little less than you expected and hope that you don't do the math on just how much less it is."

Clearly this extends to far more than just micro-transaction policies, this technique can be used any time there is outrage to any kind of updates to a game service. Currently many people here are unhappy with many aspects of the game to varying degrees and this has been backed up by surveys posted here. Bungies response to many of these concerns was quick with the announcement of the live team taking control of the game and a general list of what to expect and for that I commend Bungie. In the coming months we should start to see some of what has been announced trickle into the game and hopefully it will mark a positive shift for an already great game.

However as this article notes just because there's change and some new content doesn't necessarily mean that we're back to D1 year three. It doesn't necessarily mean that strikes will be rewarding, it doesn't mean that crucible will cater to everyones tastes, it doesn't mean that the token system will feel rewarding and it doesn't mean that ships, ghosts and sparrows will be rewards for difficult content. So when the Curse of Osiris streams are running don't forget the underlying issues that you want to see fixed. Don't accept further pushing of Eververse combined with the throttling of our XP gains for Bright Engrams.

Now I would like to say that I absolutely love Bungie and have been a long time fan. I love how Destiny as a franchise has turned out and amidst all the salt here I will likely remain a fan for many years to come. Bungie hasn't even come close to creating the level of frustration that EA has over the years and I hope this remains true. I made this post to hopefully raise awareness as to how PR marketing works as I learned a little myself.

submitted by /u/Captain_Lonk
[link] [comments]

Don't convert your mods to Legendary until you need them!

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 09:31 AM PST

There are 39 unique types of mods, each available as a rare and a legendary. We have 50 mod slots. The reason I (and you) have run out of mod slots is because I turn rare mods into legendary as soon as I have the chance. It feels like the right thing to do, right? I turn 3 blue into 1 purple, and it still takes up just one spot in inventory! But then you get another blue, and all of a sudden each mod takes 2 slots. Don't give in to temptation, just let the blue mods stack! When you decide you have an armor piece/weapon you want to put a legendary mod on, go to the gunsmith, make ONE purple mod, and apply it immediately.

I know what you're saying, this doesn't help when you're hunting for those elusive legendary kinetic mods. Ok, so go ahead and burn 4 more mod slots on storing legendary weapon mods, that should still leave 7 slots free.

This doesn't fix the core issue, that 50 mod slots is dumb. But it helps us deal with what we currently have. My vault isn't full, so I've been putting transmat effects there, so if I can stick to just letting the blue mods stack, my mod inventory should be a non-issue (once I use up the pile of legendary mods I currently have).

submitted by /u/motrhed289
[link] [comments]

Please give us the Hive Knight crossbow (Splinter) as an exotic

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 09:32 AM PST

That thing is so damned cool. Any time I kill a hive Knight that uses a crossbow, I stop and stare and imagine if I could pick it up. Just imagine...

Splinter
Exotic heavy weapon
Slow-firing but accurate, bolts over-penetrate targets' shields
If a target is killed with a bolt, their corpse may be pinned to a surface
Cheeky Game of Thrones reference in flavor text

submitted by /u/TheRybka
[link] [comments]

Bungie what is my Eververse money going to now?

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 10:52 AM PST

Hey Bungie when you first introduced Eververse you said it was there to, "use these new items to bolster the service provided by our live team for another full year."

Source: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/13672/7_Introducing-Eververse-Trading-Company

But at the current point of D2 I have felt a large increase in the Eververse store but somehow seen a sharp decrease in what it should have bolstered.

The increase to Eververse is clear. No more raid ships, just Eververse ships, increased focus on emotes even at the expense of a actual event (looking at you Trials), and a direct connection to the end game grind.

The lack of "bolstering" is equally clear. Eververse was in D2 on day one why not any of the live teams improvements? Why are we stuck waiting for the Live Team to catchup? I think this is why many were sad to hear there would be no Festival of the Lost. We got the stick but no carrot.

This brings me back to my main question. What is my Eververse money going to? A kickstart to some dedicated serves be nice. A new raid, not just more "raid content" sounds cool as it is clearly one of the more enjoyed things by your community. Or is the Eververse money not to help support the community that has chosen to support you anymore.

submitted by /u/DaManMader
[link] [comments]

Hive Eggs and Keystone

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 04:54 AM PST

KEYSTONE IMAGES HERE: https://imgur.com/gallery/LCx0O

Scattered throughout Hive levels, particularly Meditations and Strikes, are damageable eggs with red symbols. This is well known. And unusual.

What Ghost has to say about them: "We saw this rune before, on the Dreadnaught. It means either 'doorway' or 'treasure' or 'chamber.' Perhaps the Hive use this rune to tap into their Throne-World."

Now, for the lesser known: If you shoot one egg, it tips over and takes damage, while another type with a different (or perhaps sequentially incorrect) symbol egg just disappears.

And now, for my discovery, which ties it all together. Near one of the doorways in the central Hive-infested hub in Savathûn's Song is this Keystone, which is perhaps showing us the correct order that these eggs need to be shot in to unlock some type of reward. I've never seen this Keystone asset used anywhere else except for this very spot. Dig in, you guys. I hope this one's fruitful.

My GT for fellow explorers: lxcn11 And that is an L.

submitted by /u/LxIC0N
[link] [comments]

Don’t you enjoy how Bungie has kept tight-lipped regarding the supposed XP cap?

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 10:49 AM PST

Seems fishy to me, if it's a bug, why not straight out say it?

submitted by /u/Patamon_92
[link] [comments]

Complete Pools in 2 MINUTES (ONE PHASE) - Leviathan Raid Royal pools Guide

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 09:04 AM PST


Yo What's up guys, i am back with another guide video. This time it is about completing the Royal pools encounter in 2 minutes.


 

Video: https://youtu.be/9qCughUzoyY

 


Classes:


3 warlocks (Void walker)

  • Vortex Grenade

  • Empowering Rift

  • Bottom Path

1 hunter (Night Stalker)

  • Vortex Grenade

  • Top Path

2 titans (Sunbreaker)

  • Thermite Grenade

  • Rally Barricade

  • Top Path


Weapons

  • Better Devils (Hand Cannon)

  • Manannan SR4 (Scout Rifle)

  • Merciless (Fusion Rifle)

  • Wardcliff coil (Rocket Launcher)

Other good options are:

  • Nameless midnight (Scout Rifle)

  • Valakadyn (Auto Rifle)


Strat:

  • To start the encounter you have 5 players step on the plates at the same time. The other player will wait in middle to pick up the buff.

  • As soon as the encounter starts the 2 players in middle will go to the L2 and R2 plates.

  • Team shoot the Bathers and swap with the players on the plates.

  • Then those players will go to the middle to pick up the buff and go to the L1 and R1 plates

  • Team Shoot the bathers (Be sure to use your grenades, when you Team Shoot the bathers).

 

It is very important to have a player on each plate at all time. keep rotating until all chains are locked. on a perfect run each player only has to rotate once.

 

  • When the chains are locked all players go to the middle.

Damage Phase

  • Let the Hunter Tether the enemies in the middle, be sure he is standing on the middle plate to make orbs.

  • Each Warlock will use their Nova Bomb on a different set of LANTERNS.

  • Each Titan will throw their Hammers on a different set of LANTERNS.

  • Whenever u used your super, keep shooting that set of LANTERNS until they are gone.

  • Help out killing the the remaining lanterns.


I hope this guide is helpful for you guys, if you have any feedback leave it in the comments down below.

submitted by /u/ItsGShark
[link] [comments]

Dear Bungie: I know we give you a lot of shit. But seriously, thank you for not being EA/DICE.

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 01:03 PM PST

The Battlefront 2 Subreddit is imploding

I'll take this salt mine over that dumpster fire any day.

~Edit~

You did it EA.

Your response is officially the most downvoted reddit comment of all time.

submitted by /u/Snow_Mandalorian
[link] [comments]

Bungie, I miss my Clan.

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 10:53 PM PST

I miss having an 8/8 full PSN party. I miss the orbit wait while two of our members tried to match instances in Archon's Forge so we could get everybody in. I miss having 3 raid group parties and assigning groups/leaders. I miss showing off my sparrow prowess in private matches. I miss the clan pvp tournaments we put on. I miss having to decline invites because I was busy. I miss GETTING INVITES.

It saddens me to no end checking my roster and seeing a bunch of names online but grey. Collectively, myself and 9 of my closest friends logged upwards of 15,000 hours into D1, not just because we enjoyed playing together, but there were activities that could accommodate all of us! Private matches could fit 12, a VoG exploit could put 6 of us on a Venus patrol, instance matching for Forge could get quite a few of us. There was replayability, I ran so many omnigul farms to help one of my mates get that perfect Grasp, same with that perfect Imago Loop.

There have been great advancements in the clan integration, and some much needed tweaks to some activities (mainly public events). But many other changes have proven detrimental to the community I've been fostering for the past 3 years. Give me a reason, give me a sales pitch, to get my lapsed friends back in. Give me custom matches. Give me rewards worth grinding for. Give me an end goal, not a slot machine.

Give me my Clan back.

Edit: Alot of people are pointing out that the game has only been out a short while. I'm aware. This is not a "why arent there 3 years of content and fixes in a 2 month old game", this is a "why didn't this game last a month with most of my friends list". Think of it as a BungiePlz, the changes made between d1 and d2, do not encourage or even support the hours that we all want to put into it.

submitted by /u/chasqui3
[link] [comments]

25 Panoramas from the EDZ, Titan, Nessus, Io, the Raid and the Tower

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 06:30 AM PST

I really enjoyed the wonderful Destiny 2 panoramas created by /u/ItsDanniey1 and had to do some myself.

I actually had so much fun doing them, that I ended up with 25 of these from all locations that I found interesting. Here they are:

Imgur link to album

They include a 360+ degree panorama of the Leviathan Castellum and an almost 360 degree panorama of the Outskirts in the EDZ.

All 25 consist of a total of 323 single images and were all taken on Xbox One.

I will definitely do more and I will post them here if people are interested. I already can't wait until the story mission on the Almighty is available again.

submitted by /u/Garrus1138
[link] [comments]

Does anyone else find that D2 guns just feel bad compared to D1?

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 04:01 AM PST

I get that for story reasons a lot of the weapons in D2 are salvaged from ruins or relics and therefore rough around the edges but overall I can't shake the feeling that they are a bit poo. Even when the weapons are really effective they don't feel powerful (Uriel's for instance). In D1 some weapons, while they may not have been always practical, felt amazing to use (e.g. First Curse). Nothing I have tried in D2 so far has that for me. From reading around I got the impression that the feel of the gunplay is something that Bungie is held in high regard for and most of the reviews of D2 I read said that this cornerstone remains intact. To me it really doesn't seem that way unless there are some great weapons I somehow missed.

submitted by /u/dustyfruit
[link] [comments]

Bungo, please bring back that iron artifact so I can stop having a tether super altogether

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 07:31 AM PST

Srsly, it's so broken I would just rather substitute it for faster recharge or an extra invis roll.

submitted by /u/duckbilldinosaur
[link] [comments]

Prediction: Destiny will continue to have cosmetics as the focus of endgame loot. Powerful weapons and armor obtained through endgame activities are gone for good.

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 07:55 AM PST

In light of the BF2 cluster today, i had a realization about the current state of the gaming industry and how it relates to the current state of Destiny 2. D2 will continue to reward loot that only differs in cosmetic ways and also have the "best" cosmetics sold by Eververse. This is because Bungie wants to make sure that the most desirable items in the game are acquired through micro-transactions.

In D1, the best guns and gear were found in raids, trials, and earned through IB or another event. This made the items sold by Eververse less desirable since they were only cosmetic and gave no real benefit. Most of us walked around looking ridiculous with some hodgepodge of gear that gave us the best stats.

So what they have done is made all of the weapons and armor virtually identical in stats, but only different in cosmetics, now making Eververse the place to get the most desirable gear in the game. This will not change in a DLC or QOL update, this is a fundamental shift from the design of D1 to D2 and one that was done intentionally and with full knowledge of the manipulation of the player base.

TLDR: Bungie will keep the best rewards cosmetic so that they can make more money from micro-transactions. Bungie makes no money by providing us with awesome and powerful weapons and armor acquired through any other means.

submitted by /u/MarvinMcNut
[link] [comments]

New Pacific Archology is creepy

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 11:39 PM PST

Does anyone else think that the New Pacific Archology is sort of a creepy place?

If you're on free roam/patrol, after you kill all the enemies, there is just a strange silence, broken up by the occasional sound of a cricket or a creaking tree.

I don't know. It's like one of those places where everything is so beautiful and alive, but dark and dead at the same time.

submitted by /u/vivereFerrari
[link] [comments]

Senior Bungie Designer Cryptic Reply Tweet, or mega troll move

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 12:44 PM PST

https://twitter.com/bthorne/status/930149812996935680

Hes a bungie employee responding to someone who says:

"you know there's a lot of doors on the leviathan.. would love to see what's behind some of them.. could be the coolest design decision you guys ever made"

His Reply: "Funny you should say that."

Its all in response to another Bungie Employee posting about getting back to work (posting pics of his raid decal-ed laptop and glass).

https://www.linkedin.com/in/brthorne/

So are we getting a bigger , more doors open "NEW RAID CONTENT" with CoO? Where are all the Cabal bosses we need to find for Calus, WHERE THE FUCK IS CALUS

submitted by /u/Pandakidd81
[link] [comments]

There are 60 unique sets containing 240 different armors in the game (not including class items), the vault only has 200 slots.

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 03:50 PM PST

Ok ok I know your character has 36 slots too, but that assumes that you aren't storing any weapons/class items/shaders/etc.

Please increase the vault size. We bought the whole, "limited memory on the old consoles." Don't give us the same BS.

While we're here, give us a way to display/swap our armor easily!

EDIT: Biggest mention I've seen is collections storing legendary gear too. This would be a great improvement now that everything has fixed rolls.

submitted by /u/NotAnADC
[link] [comments]

I imagined Destiny 2...... But With Lightsabers

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 08:17 AM PST

Another year, another Destiny mashup! This time I had some fun imagining what things could be like if the Star Wars and Destiny universes collided. My white and gold Leviathan armor reminded me of SWTOR: Knights of the Fallen Empire, so I present to you:

Destiny: Knights of the Cabal Empire

This took a lot longer to make than I expected (I had to hand-draw the lightsaber for each frame in the footage, sounds, etc), but I really like the end result :D

Enjoy!

submitted by /u/Dexwell
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.