Pokémon GO - DEAR NIANTIC - ideas, suggestions, complaints for our overlords [Meta]


DEAR NIANTIC - ideas, suggestions, complaints for our overlords [Meta]

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 09:09 AM PDT

Hey Niantic! You guys made a game we all have a lot of feelings about...and this is our spot to express those feelings and make some statements about ways we think the game could be even better for us - and by extension, you!

Here you will find ideas and suggestions, requests and complaints - a mix of the positive posts and constructive criticism that reddit's Pokemon Go community have compiled and discussed and up/downvoted by importance and validity for us all. If there's one post on /r/pokemongo you guys should be paying attention to, it's this one, so please do.


Hey /r/PokemonGo Trainers! This recurring monthly post is for you guys. Sort posts by "top" to see what has been voted most important so far, but consider sorting by "new" as well to weigh in on the most recent ideas!

Please pay attention to the /r/PokemonGo rules for commenting behavior and civility, and use the report button when necessary to alert the mods to any post or thread that needs a review!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Got a free soda outside of Vegas cause I put up a Lure

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 11:59 AM PDT

Team Eevolution (Those who confirmed the Water Event) Leaks a Fire and Ice Event in 10 days

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 03:22 AM PDT

In case the leak is true - List of fire and ice type pokemon from Gen 1 & 2 (Excluding legendarys)

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 09:04 AM PDT

this Abra has found itself in hard times

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 03:08 PM PDT

When You Predict the Fire & Ice Event By 28 Days...

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 12:01 PM PDT

[PHOTO] Caught a Dratini in a park, and this little girl 1upped me and did it blind folded

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 04:36 PM PDT

Pokemon Go Girl Selfie Fan Art!

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 05:22 PM PDT

The beach seems like the appropriate biome for an electric sheep, right?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 05:37 PM PDT

Has anyone got 10km eggs lately?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 07:35 PM PDT

I keep getting 5km eggs and 2km eggs. More 5km eggs than 2km eggs then anything.

submitted by /u/realtyrionlannister
[link] [comments]

Open apology to the ingress players who warned us

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 11:48 AM PDT

Going thru some of my 1 year + old posts and would like to take this time to apologize to the hand full of ingress players who warned us about Niantic's MO. Its clear now that expectations were/are too high. You told us and i didnt listen, saying things like, "they've learned from their mistakes, they have far more money and resources with PoGo, they have over a year of development prior to release, etc.

Anyways im sorry i didnt listen and thank you for trying to give us a realistic expectation for this game. Take care.

submitted by /u/jetsdude
[link] [comments]

Taking an online survey, when this question comes across. Hard decision here.

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 07:16 PM PDT

Found this guy right in front of the chuppah before my cousin's wedding yesterday!

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 07:47 AM PDT

Private messaging with members of your team who are nearby.

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 04:56 AM PDT

I know this may have probably been discussed already here but I would love there to be a feature were you are able to communicate with other members with your team within a certain radius. This could help people find other people to play with as I play regularly and there are other Instinct players who take all the gyms and it would be cool if you could have a chat with them and be able to arrange to go hunting, have lure meet ups, and arrange to take down gyms. As I don't have a clue who the other people are in my area and I never seem to encounter anyone while playing.

submitted by /u/Haribo737
[link] [comments]

Pokestops and their 'loot'

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 06:35 AM PDT

Dunno if this was mentioned before, but maybe it's an idea to have the pokestops give you balls and pots where the amount is based on how far the next pokestop is. As a rural player if i do a round in my town I can be sure to be out of balls at the end of that day. For city players it wouldnt change much since there is tons of stops and there'd be a minimum of loot. This may partly tackle the problems of rural players without it affecting city players too much.

Food for thought?

submitted by /u/Kenzorrr
[link] [comments]

(Story) Some welcomed gym activity

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 09:42 PM PDT

Our local gyms had been stagnant for a while.

Got excited earlier this week when one of them got taken down.

I was somewhat surprised as it was a level 10 gym that was quite strong with a few Blissey, Snorlaxes and such.

Turned out it was an old nemesis (he red team and level 38 now) He came to my turf and tore it down. lol.

I repayed the favor today and visited his turf (an hour away) and took 3 level 10 gyms with the help of my wife.

Felt good even though him/team took us out of all 3 by the time we got home.

Just liked to know that there is still some activity out there.. :)

submitted by /u/Scorpio8700
[link] [comments]

I'm convinced that suburban spawns have improved.

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 01:04 PM PDT

Story starts on Tuesday. I find a wild Donphan down the street. Only 296, but I still catch it. Then, later that day, I found an 1397 Exeggutor at a Starbucks. I start thinking that something is going on.

The next day, I catch a 2271(!) Vaporeon in town, and see a Doduo on the nearby. Doduo NEVER spawns where I live. Then, over the next few days, I saw two Golbats, a Dewgong, and an Ursaring. But that is nothing compared to what happened next.

Yesterday, I was in my neighborhood when I saw it pop up.

Dragonite.

I turn back, find it on a neighbors house (no, I did not go on their lawn, it just spawned in range) and catch the draconic behemoth. Only 445 CP, but I'm keeping her.

I need more proof, so I need some more reports of rare spawns. Can you help me?

submitted by /u/Pokenerd47
[link] [comments]

[Bug] What is Psyduck doing?

Posted: 03 Jun 2017 10:51 PM PDT

Just met the first three people playing Pokemongo since last summer, turns out one of them went to school with my father.

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 05:53 AM PDT

So I just went on my break at my weekend job, ready to recapture the high street, I see that the bridge and the church which I normally take, is currently Valor stacked with 4 Pokemon in each.

As I'm headed towards the gyms, I see that the gym by the bridge is being attacked, I hurry over there to find three people (One mother with her daughter and son clearly playing Pokemongo. I begin to also attack the gym, and after it's done we do have a quick chat and it turned out that she went to school with my father and she hadn't seen him since before her daughter was born which was 22 years!

We proceeded to capture the gym by the church, where I found out that you can all attack the same Pokemon together, I previously thought you attacked in your own individual instances.

I think this is what Pokemon go is really about at the end of the day, I really miss the summer times where you would bump into someone playing it around every corner. I really wish there was a way to teamchat though.

submitted by /u/Bigbyy
[link] [comments]

[discussion] if the fire/ice event happens, what's the odds that they'll release Delibird?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 09:11 PM PDT

Been a while since a new Pokemon was released, now that sniping has been screwed it would be great to start seeing new Pokemon released, and what better time to release Delibird than a fire/ice event?

submitted by /u/TeresaMaeCompton
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] What do you think the most underrated Pokémon are?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 09:31 AM PDT

Personally I think lanturn (electric and water type with great HP), Exeggutor (Grass type is great against water type and it has a high max CP), and Poliwrath (great fighting type that's easy to get a lot of, and pretty balanced attack, defense, and HP stats).

Let me know what you guys think.

submitted by /u/JT199854
[link] [comments]

Is Niantic ever going to fix the go plus?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 07:42 AM PDT

This thing was disconnecting every 10 minutes yesterday, it's driving me crazy.

It takes 5-10 seconds to register a PokeStop, making it useless for using with a bike.

And my god, please let us prioritize either Pokemon/Pokestops. When I'm out of Pokeballs, it's impossible to get more because the Plus just cycles through the Pokemon I can't catch that spawn with PokeStops. I have to open the app and turn off Pokemon notifications.

Does anyone have any tips on how to fix the connection issue?

submitted by /u/_ocular_patdown_
[link] [comments]

Catching Dratini?

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 07:42 AM PDT

So I've been playing Pokemon GO since it came out, but have yet to find a Dratini\Dragonair/Dragonite.

I know Dratini come from 10km Eggs, but where's the best places to be to run into them, or to have an egg hatch for a better chance to get one?

submitted by /u/legendhero01
[link] [comments]

[SCREENSHOT] I got murdered

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 02:38 PM PDT

https://i.redd.it/gnpwyghstk1z.jpg

Just walking around and then bam. Murdered.

submitted by /u/mattjayy
[link] [comments]

TIL Niantic is named after a whaling ship that was run aground in San Francisco and used as a warehouse, saloon and hotel.

Posted: 04 Jun 2017 07:09 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.