Overwatch - Weekly Quick Questions Thread - July 26, 2017


Weekly Quick Questions Thread - July 26, 2017

Posted: 25 Jul 2017 10:07 PM PDT

In this thread you can ask all kinds of questions you always wanted to ask without feeling like a total fool.

No matter if it's short Google-able stuff or a setting/skill in-game that you don't understand or a hardware recommendation, feel free to try your luck in here.

Trolling or making fun of people in here will be punished extra harshly! Please report such behavior.

For the purpose of helping people, make sure the comments are sorted by "new" in this thread.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

when all hope seems lost...

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 11:54 AM PDT

I played with someone who only talked with a soundboard

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 12:50 PM PDT

Blizzard says you will not be banned for playing off-meta heros with the new reporting system

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 04:45 AM PDT

Geoff Goodman on possible Buffs for Junkrat

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 10:56 AM PDT

Overwatch League players will have $50,000 per year minimum salaries, benefits

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 11:03 AM PDT

Don’t just stand around waiting for a health pack to regenerate.

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 01:24 PM PDT

Zarya can gain little bit more height, when nade-jumping, if you move backwards and then immediately jump forwards. This could allow you to easily reach hard to reach high ground, such as on Numbani.

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 06:57 AM PDT

"The World Could Always Use More Heroes" - Overwatch x My Hero Academia fanart

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 10:23 AM PDT

I main Heroes with relaxed aim because it takes me a few tries to click on an icon on my desktop.

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 03:44 PM PDT

I'm a Rein/Orisa/Non-sniper defense/attempting Pharah main/Lució/Mercy main because years ago I came into contact with a near lethal dose of mercury that erased parts of my brain. My vision, some motor skills and comprehesion were damaged by this. But for what felt like an eternity trapped in a dying mind I was able to break out by understanding the world around through my hearing and reflexes.

Four years ago I was released from the hospital after most of the mercury was filtered out and my nerves and vision acceptably reconstituted. But I was no longer the same. Although previously blocked information was now being taken into my head, my brain retaught itself about how the surrounding world should be processed right during the end of my puberty. When light enters my eyes half the time there is no understanding of it.

I am visually dyslexic.

It wasn't all too bad at first. Writing is easy, reading is hard. I'm confident and can face people, yet my eyes wander without me knowing. So as long as I drag my knuckle along the wall life is still functional for me.

But I want to play videogames, and I have played quite a few with varying levels of success. In regards to popular FPSs there have been only certain classes I could play. I spent a lot of time on Engineer and Medic from TF2 as they were the only characters I could learn to master and still benefit my team without having the universally acclaimed skill of "aim". I mostly played Tanks, Healers and Melee DPSs in Dungeon Crawlers and MMOs. But there really hasn't been a game I felt "in" with. Every so often I get sensory glitches that continue to hinder my vision and comprehension. During these times I fall back more heavily on my other senses, various lists and habits to guide me, but most games don't take into account that a party member may go blind once in a while. A class that used to really work for me was the Chloromancer from Trove. I played mostly as a healer for the main tanks and as an off-DPS and, aside from the normal button patterns raid members are familiar with, this class had very distinct and loud sounds for its skills and made timing heals for various team members easy. I recall forum members disliking this then it was first released but the modding community was able to help them out while leaving me to know what on Earth was happening.

Anyone who has played Overwatch knows how good-crazy its sound design, hero interactions and straight-forward team objectives are. So often in FPSs my brain will go into the grand beyond and I'll think I'm still playing the game but really I'm just making out with a corner or deathpit, but I've rarely had these experiences in OW. So many times my vision has gone but I can keep following the team and assisting them through tanks, supports, listening and thinking about what the Red Team will do next/where that Red Sombra is going. From start to end I was there.

So anyway, just a post of gratitude to the devs for pulling out such an amazing game. Thanks for the fun.

submitted by /u/LookAtAllThisDirt
[link] [comments]

One of those "Press Q and hope for the best" kind of moments

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 08:50 AM PDT

Now I know why they gave RoadHog the Junkenstein's Monster skin...

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 11:20 AM PDT

because now he's a shambling corpse that Blizzard are trying very much to bring back to life

submitted by /u/MasterManMike
[link] [comments]

RaeKayBro's Accurate Hanzo Cosplay

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 11:12 AM PDT

The Pinnacle of My Roadhog Career

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 12:04 AM PDT

Why I'm excited about the possible Junkrat buffs

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 03:39 PM PDT

Without its father, Torbjorn Jr. has evolved to avenge his death

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 07:26 AM PDT

Blizzard does not plan to share timing details for doomfist tomorrow

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 03:16 PM PDT

Junkrat the Anti Air Hero

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 09:00 AM PDT

Player Signings, Salaries, and More in the Overwatch League

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 11:14 AM PDT

Junkrat after his planned buffs on PTR

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 03:51 PM PDT

If I would be responsible for the banning system in competitive

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 02:36 PM PDT

My Mercy told me they had a teleporter up the stairs. I wasn't about that.

Posted: 25 Jul 2017 10:27 PM PDT

A Mccree POTG, except his hat realistically obstructs his view

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 05:07 AM PDT

The reason I main Sombra. Most satisfying thing in the entire game (including nervous spray fail)

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 07:25 AM PDT

Stupid excited for tomorrow!

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 04:11 PM PDT

As a console player, I can't wait to finally play Doomfist. This has been a character I've wanted to play since the game came out! I just hope the patch comes out early so I can play and live stream before work.

submitted by /u/theshowdannyp
[link] [comments]

D.Va & Sora from Kingdom Hearts fanart

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 03:40 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.