Civilization - Probably the most pleasing yields I ever managed, what a beautiful sight.


Probably the most pleasing yields I ever managed, what a beautiful sight.

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 06:48 AM PDT

I was wondering why I lacked coal to build my Iron Clad

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 02:12 PM PDT

Sa-moai-ount Fuji

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 03:20 PM PDT

Livestream now!

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 10:54 AM PDT

I don't travel much to world wonders but I do have this painting in my house

Posted: 25 Jul 2017 10:15 PM PDT

[OFFICIAL] Let's Play: Nubia

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 11:43 AM PDT

"-4 Moving forces near their cities"

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 07:49 PM PDT

Just won my first domination victory

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 05:59 AM PDT

I played on King Difficulty on Civ VI, should probably get that out of the way.

It was a long, turbulent and challenging game. After about my 5th capital, however, it was pretty much a waiting game. None of the civs made a move on my vast, expansive territory. In fact, I think if all the AI had banded against me there is no way I could have defended all of my newly conquered territory. (standard map size).

Anyway, thought this would be cool to share.

submitted by /u/panchovilla_
[link] [comments]

How do I get over my fear/inability to play aggressively in early/mid game?

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 11:59 AM PDT

(Just to clarify, this question is for Civ VI)

I can't seem to be able to play aggressively well in early/mid game. Either it's a lack of production, or mobility, or resources, or some other factor that prevents me from being the aggressor. Most of the time, my strategy involves turtling until I have nukes and enough amenities to compensate for them, and then beginning to invade. The strategy hardly works because by the time I have those capabilities the game is almost over.

What are your suggestions on how to play aggressively (i.e. taking city-states) during the early and mid-game stages?

tl;dr I suck at attacking and need advice on how to attack/take over city-states early/mid game

submitted by /u/Judge_AssKing
[link] [comments]

Is Civ 5 AI completely braindead in multiplayer?

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 01:16 PM PDT

I recently got back into Civs, but I seem to remember that there was some weird thing with Civ5 that AI is braindead , for some reason, in multiplayer games. Is that the case, and is it the same in hotseat? Thanks.

Bonus question: Does Civ 4 suffer from similar problem?

submitted by /u/OpT1mUs
[link] [comments]

Isn't the intro narration a bit chronologically confused?

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 01:40 PM PDT

When you open a game in the ancient era you hear Sean Bean say "From the first stirrings of life beneath water... to the great beasts of the Stone Age... to man taking his first upright steps"

Earliest evidence of humans walking upright is from 6 million years ago. The Stone Age began 3 million years ago. So why does he say it in that order? Is Sean Bean not a learned man??

submitted by /u/BeastlyDecks
[link] [comments]

This Artist Drew A Picture of What A Canal City With Petra In It Would Look Like And Basically Your Dick Will Explode

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 02:44 PM PDT

Civ eSports

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 05:52 AM PDT

Here is an idea: Civilization as eSport. It would be played on multiplayer maps of various sizes and probably look more like chess than traditional eSports like DotA or Starcraft.

Would it work? Probably not, due to the duration of a game, but I still like the concept.

submitted by /u/Grei-man
[link] [comments]

[CIV 6] Is there any reason to pass on Great People?

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 07:52 PM PDT

Is there any benefit to passing on Great People if you're about to earn one? It seems whenever I do, it takes forever to get the next one because the AI just takes all the good ones. Now I just normally take all the Great People and save them until I need them if I can't use them right away.

Is there some strategic reason for passing on them?

submitted by /u/ArcticTern4theWorse
[link] [comments]

Team Domination Victory

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 07:20 PM PDT

If in a team and say I and a friend that are on a team get everyone's capital but it's split between the two of us, will we get a domination victory or no? Thanks

Edit: this is for Civ 6

submitted by /u/Gwoopp
[link] [comments]

Help with beating Immortal (Civ 5)

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 09:24 AM PDT

Hey civ community,

My friend is having a bit of trouble transitioning from Emperor to Immortal difficulties, and I've completely run out of ways to help him. I myself am a frequent Immortal player, so I've read and shared article after article offering suggestions and tips for gameplay, I've provided access to Zigzagzigal's civ guides, I've recommended playstyles that work for me in the past... and yet nothing seems to work for him. He always complains about having no resources, getting swarmed when he does have anything decent, having to devote all his production to army just to survive, etc. If he turns it down to Emperor, though, he's wiping the floor with civs in no time. After weeks of trying, he's decided that the game must be 'rigged' on higher difficulties, and believes it just isn't possible, despite me showing him otherwise.

At this point I think my next best option is to try to somehow help him out via multiplayer, either as a teammate or as a 'neutral' opposing civ that can try to keep the pressure off of him, but I'm not honestly sure if that will even work. Anyone have any ideas for how he might be able to get over the hump?

submitted by /u/goldencahill
[link] [comments]

[Civ VI] Any other India players?

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 08:18 AM PDT

I'm still getting into Civ VI but played India in Civ V and want to learn it in this game as well. From what I understand and have read, India is a religion focused civ ideal for a religious victory which I did a couple days ago. Are there any other victory paths that are viable on India or are they strictly made for a religious victory? I was thinking the Varu's in combination with his double war weariness as well as faith (to later buy units with) could maybe allow you to be militaristic?

submitted by /u/CenturusLoL
[link] [comments]

Does anybody have a summary of the LiveStream?

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 12:20 PM PDT

Would somebody be willing to compose about a dozen bullet points (or so) describing some of the key highlights or takeaways for the next DLC ?

In particular were there any quality of life improvements for the game writ large? In the live stream thread, several users noted the addition of a restart button (thank god) and repeating routes (huge win).

As someone who wonderwhores more than he should, were there any updates in what the new wonder(s) do?

submitted by /u/bluengreen7
[link] [comments]

[CivIVBtS] Could someone please, please, please walk me through disabling Global Warming.

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 04:47 PM PDT

It's to the point where it's game breaking. I know what I have to do when I find the line of code:

<Define> <DefineName>GLOBAL_WARMING_PROB</DefineName> <iDefineIntVal>20</iDefineIntVal> </Define>

I have to change the 20 to 0. The problem is that I have no idea where to find this code. Please help so I can continue to enjoy this game I've been playing for years and years.

submitted by /u/jakeblues68
[link] [comments]

Game all of a sudden won't load in offline mode/says it has uninstalled. Pls help!

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 07:26 AM PDT

I was playing Civ VI just last night in offline mode (am at a location with no internet access). Everything worked fine but this morning instead of starting the game in offline mode, when I go to open the game (via desktop shortcut), I am prompted to log in to Steam and I can't get any further.

I tried setting up a hotspot with my phone, logging in to Steam and checking my settings to see if my credentials are saved but everything is fine. However, in my library it says that Civ VI is not installed (as is Xcom 2 which I also recently played offline). So weird.

Any help?

submitted by /u/HeadsToCoconuts
[link] [comments]

Civ Rev WW2 Axis vs Allies Game

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 04:03 PM PDT

I'm looking for two more people to do a Civilization Revolution game that features 4 countries involved in World War Two. It would be a team game with the Axis Powers on a team and the Allied powers on a team. The highlights will be featured on my YouTube channel.

submitted by /u/ManiaT
[link] [comments]

r/Democraciv screenshots #2

Posted: 26 Jul 2017 03:47 PM PDT

Hello r/Civ I am from r/Democraciv we are the subreddit that plays a game Civ 5 through a democratically elected government! We just had a big election and had a complete Goverment change! Expect that session soon! However this week we played session 5! Which I thought we would share! Screenshots. If the concept interests you come check us out at the subreddit our our discord

submitted by /u/ABigGlassHouse
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.