Fallout - GTAV Meets Fallout 4: Lamar Davis as Codsworth


GTAV Meets Fallout 4: Lamar Davis as Codsworth

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 10:51 AM PDT

[Fallout 4 Spoilers] An implication of destroying the Institute that nobody seems to mention.

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 12:27 PM PDT

Blowing up the institute will mean, in part, the destruction of the only means to produce more synths. There's also the loss of technologies like cybernetics, copying memories, medicine, farming, power and various other pieces of knowledge. We don't know of anywhere else that has the ability to produce synths nor can you scavenge technology you vaporize in a nuclear explosion. While this is a goal for the Brotherhood of Steel, the implications of destroying the institute on the production of more synths is something neither The Railroad or Minutemen really bring up. And this bothers me because, well, it's kind of a big deal.

If it's right to produce more synths in the first place is of course a big moral question. But should that even be our choice to make? Humans can make more humans, without the technology at the institute synths can't make more synths. Blowing it up in all likelihood is going to lead to the eventual extinction of their species. Maybe you could still make more synths, if you could find former institute scientists with the ability and resources to do so, but that's a really big if. As bizarre as it is, siding with the Institute is the only choice that ensures synths will continue to exist.

You may say "it's the only way" and while it's the only option the game presents, it's not the only option. There are lots of other ways of overthrowing the institute, just shooting them without invoking the nuclear option seemed to be going pretty well. And if you're in the railroad, the institute were going to put you in supreme command. What would have stopped you from telling The Railroad to go underground for a few months and then once Father dies, free all the synths yourself?

Does anyone else wish this fact at the very least came up in conversation and maybe lead to some endgame choice? Like having to choose between the more long term and 'safer' solution of blowing up the institute vs taking it by force which will result in more of your own people dying but getting to secure that facility and technology with the risk that in the future, people may use that technology for nefarious ends.

I could see an argument for both of those positions but as is the game doesn't even recognize the latter exists, never mind allow you to advocate for it.

submitted by /u/Kerr94
[link] [comments]

Let's make vaultboy at /r/place! Details inside.

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 07:02 AM PDT

836 799 seems good as a starting point. (blue background and stuff).

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiXII4tT3OKKjOZWiRkDeoVpa6AP8Pqp5vIaK8m4rqwELr-rDkQinVlPsxrAnyNw0VXnSp7Y2nnoelQDSvzcopNm1EwMoMo1fMLlbpNPc3VH64D2QUI9PVuh39WofKNEL4xT7G-3zPocSVF/s640/fallout+boy+snip.PNG

the pixel image. Let's start from top left, from his hair! (836 799) https://www.reddit.com/r/place#x=839&y=799 ~~ ~~EDIT : http://imgur.com/a/0M22x we are progressing slow, up the game people !

EDIT2: The poll was rigged, this means war.

EDIT3: Do anybody have an idea who are those "Freude" guys?

EDIT4: As many users have pointed out, my plan is failing ( sorry everyone, I let you down :(( ), time for a change. Stay tuned.

Around 37, 938? its small and people havent added much in the last few hours.

I was thinking http://i.imgur.com/8iIwqum.jpg would be better

Let's start from the top row, left. (41, 938)

EDIT5: SVTFE subreddit sent this awesome artwork our way! Many thanks!

https://www.reddit.com/r/place#x=41&y=938 Attempting to make /u/ProfessorJupiter [-1]'s at this location. should be small enough and to do quickly and not step on any ones boots ;)

Majormol has a thing going. Follow that people!

EDIT6: also, the reason we made peace with svtfe is because our artwork was failing anyway. No need for unnecesary wars.

EDIT7: well butter my butt and call me a biscuit, our first plan is gaining traction. Looks like we have 2 projects now. DON'T GO OVER THE BOOTS. We already yielded there. No funny games.

E8: going to sleep now, let's see how things will turnout in the morning... You can keep communicating here, preferrably at the general channel

https://discordapp.com/channels/158091730049171456/208386386515066881

submitted by /u/H_justice
[link] [comments]

Is killing a human for save a synth a little extreme ?

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 05:12 AM PDT

What's your favorite way to kill Benny in NV?

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 12:47 PM PDT

I've only found out so many ways to kill him, but my favorite so far is the one with the black widow perk. My second favorite is when he escapes from the strip and is captured by Caesar and you choose the fair and square showdown to kill him. Whenever I do that I just quick save and spend like 30 minutes killing him and then quick loading so I can do it another way.

submitted by /u/IagharTheAxe
[link] [comments]

Fallout 3 and New Vegas not running properly on my PC...

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 07:36 AM PDT

Hello my fellow vault dwellers. I'm sorry to bother you with this trivial matter, but I am at a loss. I recently booted up 3 and NV on my PC after not playing in forever. To my dismay they both suffer from HORRIBLE stuttering. I believe this is a problem with windows 10, as I don't remember having these issues on windows 7. (Although to be fair I didn't know what frame rate really was so I may not have noticed these issues as much way back then.) the worst part is that it is a constant stutter. about every 2 seconds the screen will jump so if I'm walking in a straight line or even worse, panning the camera, it gets really bad. I tried running both games in every compatibility mode and even lowered the setting, but nothing made a difference. Is there a mode or an ini tweek to fix these issues? Google was no help. My PC has a gtx 970 and an I7 with 16 gigs of RAM so its not too weak to run the games.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: No mods are currently installed.

submitted by /u/Arckangel853
[link] [comments]

Australia in the Fallout universe

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 03:00 AM PDT

I've pretty much accepted that my country would be turned into a Mad Max desert wasteland. I'd say that they'd still use diesel and normal fuel, so fuel would be treated kind of like a type of currency.

submitted by /u/DarthVenger
[link] [comments]

Why didn't the 3D universe carry over the Wanamigo?

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 03:17 PM PDT

There was very little in the way of creatures that were not carried over to Fallout 3, NV and 4. For such a unique and powerful creature not to.be carried over to me seems odd. I wouldn't think that it was a case of there not being a relevant place for them to exist. They had escaped to the wastes like the Deathclaw.

If they were going specifically for the research facility feel then there could have been a few at the enclave base or vault 87 in 3. Most of the DLCs in NV would have supported them too (I feel).

submitted by /u/Availe
[link] [comments]

Fallout 1 keeps crashing

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 08:24 AM PDT

So I'm at the Military Base in Fallout 1, and a strange error is keeping me from progressing further. The game keeps crashing and a text box pops up saying "The instruction at [number] referenced memory at [number]. The memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate the application" and when I click OK it just gives me the "Fallout has stopped working" message and closes the game. Sometimes it just skips to the "Fallout has stopped working" message, but either way it's keeping me from progressing in the game. Anyone have a solution to this?

submitted by /u/Motherdragon64
[link] [comments]

I started playing Fallout 1, and I've discovered how little I pay attention to quest givers because I know all the information will be in my quest journal.

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 11:37 AM PDT

Seriously, a guy named Loxley told me to steal a necklace from some other guy named Hightower, and three minutes later I've forgotten all the pertinent details.

Unless I haven't found the journal. Which is a strong possibility.

submitted by /u/ctopherrun
[link] [comments]

Help with Fallout 4 on PC

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 07:27 AM PDT

So I recently came back to fallout 4 but it is really annoying to play. The fps has dropped and is almost an fps stutter. I used to be able to play on ultra settings flawlessly. Any idea of what could of happened?

submitted by /u/UnknownModder
[link] [comments]

Fallout 4 Covenant issue

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 01:23 PM PDT

So I finished the game without having discovered this place (I'm bad at exploring. I really miss the Explorer Perk) and now that I've stumbled upon it, I feel a bit confused. Turns out it's bugged if you visit it after The Nuclear Option, and whatever is supposed to happen involving a SAFE test doesn't trigger. Is there any fix without going back to a pre-endgame save? I'm on PS4 btw.

submitted by /u/occono
[link] [comments]

(PC) X6-88 fell in the water I can't talk to him to continue the quest.

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 04:54 AM PDT

I'm trying to do the Synth Retention quest and I haven't had a chance to actually officially "meet" X6-88. The first time I tried to talk to him, The Brotherhood of Steel showed up out of nowhere and attacked him, interrupting our dialogue. Then, as I was just letting them go at it (as to not piss off the Brotherhood), I accidentally stumbled upon Liberteria and the Raiders attacked me, so naturally since X6-88 was in the area, he joined the fight. However, during the fight, X6-88 fell into the water on the narrow wooden bridge that leads into Liberteria and now he's just stuck underwater. He's not even trying to get back to the surface. It doesn't help that every now and then a Brotherhood airship keeps flying over and attacking him underwater so he can't move anywhere. How can I fix this so I can talk with X6-88 and continue the quest?

submitted by /u/MisterMercy
[link] [comments]

Fallout 3 or New Vegas?

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 12:57 PM PDT

I'm thinking of buying one of them.

submitted by /u/ohtosweg
[link] [comments]

How about Vault Boy on the Place?

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 04:19 PM PDT

Anyone got any pixel art for it?

submitted by /u/acrowsmurder
[link] [comments]

Game Breaking Glitch [Slight Spoilers]

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 04:19 PM PDT

I'm on the Railroad quest "Tradecraft" and Deacon refuses to open the door. I'm in the room with him, but he just stands there. I've tried everything, saving and reloading. Killing him. Leaving the area. Nothing works. Please help. Do i have to disable all my mods?

submitted by /u/Zemogray
[link] [comments]

Are there any Fallout Multiplayer mods?

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 04:10 PM PDT

Preferrably FO3, but NV is good too.

submitted by /u/p0537
[link] [comments]

MacCready should really have a reaction to the robot sheriff in Nuka World saying it's high noon.

Posted: 31 Mar 2017 05:47 PM PDT

MacCready and McCree are both voiced by Matt Mercer.

submitted by /u/GingerSwanGNR
[link] [comments]

April Fools! ��

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 02:58 PM PDT

Fallout 5 ideas

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 02:46 PM PDT

What do you want in fallout 5? Not the location, but more in gameplay. Some things I thought would be cool is...

  1. More ways to be bad. Fallout 4 didn't do a very good job at letting the character be evil. It's fun to be evil, so they should let the character do that not win fallout 5.
  2. More depth to villains. The raiders in (i think?) Libertalia were x-minutemen, but they are literally the exact same thing to fight as regular raiders. Also, when you find that one raider in 4 bent over the grave, he will attack you immediately. It would be cool if bad guys had more depth.
submitted by /u/SirKingTheKnight
[link] [comments]

Need Help Drawing Vault Boy on /r/place

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 02:43 PM PDT

I need help with drawing Vault Boy on /r/place.

Here's the template, and here's the position (near 230, 260)

submitted by /u/BradburyMan
[link] [comments]

What is this mod?

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 02:24 PM PDT

Hi, i've always been curious about what this minigame is at 00:06 seconds in the video. I can't seem to find it anywhere, it's a pipboy minigame that looks really cool

submitted by /u/monomot
[link] [comments]

Cliffside city settlement (modded)

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 04:57 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.